“Typical airport Marriott, no complaints.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Columbus Airport Marriott

You added Columbus Airport Marriott to your Saves list
Columbus Airport Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1375 North Cassady Avenue, Columbus, OH 43219 (Formerly Radisson)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #22 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Typical airport Marriott, no complaints.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Helpful, friendly staff. Clean rooms, decently appointed, lodge net and mini fridge in room. CL lounge open M-F with average offerings and honor bar. Decent food, bar stays open until 1am. Not much more to say, nothing was awful, or fantastic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
We appreciate the positive feedback regarding our Hotel and Staff. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay went, and we hope we have the opportunity to host you in the future.

Lucas Laidlaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and the bed, incredibly comfortable but every morning, I woke up to a 6 AM wake up call that wasn't mine. I could here it in the room next to mine! I spent 2 nights here for business and the proximity to the airport is great but they really could use a few extras. A coffee shop would be nice. Also, I had to pay for a taxi to the airport because the free shuttle couldn't be found.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I would like to first thank you for your feedback as it is extremely important for us to hear from our guests. I am happy to let you know that we will be converting our current public space to the Marriott Great Room in 2013 which will transform our lobby in to an exciting concept that will cater to the needs of business and leisure travellers alike and will also include a Starbucks. I would also like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced regarding noise from another room as well as the issue with the Airport Shuttle. Please contact me directly at lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com as I would like to credit you any charges related to a taxi cab expense. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you again for your feedback.

Dover, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel is a very nice property. The rooms are nice sized and the hotel staff was helpful and friendly. I would not recommend eating breakfast at the restaurant located on property. The River City Grille has a buffet that was $15 on Sunday $11 on Saturday and was not anything special. No breakfast is provided with the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
I wanted to write and thank you for the excellent feedback you shared regarding our Hotel and Staff. We really appreciate it and I will make sure I share it with our team.

Thank you also for your comments regarding our breakfast buffet. I apologize that we were unable to provide you with the value for breakfast you were looking for and I will ensure our Culinary team review's the offerings to ensure they are of the highest quality and variety.

I did want to share that we do offer rates on our website that include breakfast, and along with this, a full breakfast menu is available in our restaurant offering a mix of light or hearty fare. If you are looking for something quick, our Gifts Shop offers numerous "Grab & Go" breakfast and snack options for our guests who may not have time for a full sit down meal.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we have the opportunity to host you at our hotel in the future.

USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This Marriott is an older property, but is clean and well-maintained. The bathtubs and shower are pretty old and not appealing, but the beds are very comfortable and are the "new" heavenly bed type of mattress. Prices are reasonable and concierge lounge has nice selections. Lobby smells like chlorine due to fountain. If you're in town for a couple of days and need a good night's sleep and aren't looking for "wow" ambience, it's a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms are a bit of a distance from the lobby-- have to go through meeting room hallways to get to gu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding our Hotel during your recent stay. Please be assured that I will be looking in to the chlorine smell from the Lobby Fountain as this is something that can be fixed immediately if we find there is an ongoing issue.

I'm also happy to let you know that we will be completing the Marriott Great Room renovation at our Hotel this year which will introduce an exciting new atmosphere for our guests to enjoy. Thank you again for taking the time to review our Hotel, and I hope we have the opportunity to host you in the future.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have very high level status in the Marriott chain, with in excess of 1,200 Marriott nights, I can compare. This is as good an experience as you can get for an airport hotel. I have stayed here 4 times in the last 5 years.

I read some of the other reviews and I am puzzled by them. My room was current, clean and very quiet (an absolute plus and not always the case at some hotels). Proximity to the airport is perfect, the staff is friendly to a person, EVERYONE I spoke to there was engaging, smiling and on top of their game. The lounge is inviting and the selection excellent. I believe that this speaks to the management of the property to have such engaged employees.

If you need to stay out by the airport, trust me on this - you won't be disappointed. It is NOT a resort, but it is as good an experience as you can get.

Room Tip: Park around back...it's easier.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of our Hotel and Marriott, we would like to thank you for your loyalty to our Brand. With the extent of your travels, we really appreciate the feedback you were able to provide us and future travelers. Thank you again and I hope that we have the opportunity to host you in your future travels.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I were in town for a wedding. We were allowed to check in early (thank you) which allowed us time to get ready for the wedding. Check in was a breeze and the front desk person was so very nice and friendly (even after I told her we had driven in from Ann Arbor). The room was spacious and clean. No problems whatsoever. After the wedding we had 4 family members stop by for snacks and drinks and the room was more than roomy enough for us. The looby upon checking in was very pretty and very large. Nice gathering place in the am to have a coffee and talk. If ever in Columbus again I will ceetainly seek out this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
It's great to hear that we were able to provide an excellent experience for you and your wife during your recent stay. Thank you for staying at our property on your visit to Columbus, and I hope we have the opportunity to host you both again in the future.

Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Ever since I have been to this hotel, I have not searched for any other hotel in Columbus. I must say, if you are looking for a full service hotel with very warm and friendly staff, comfortable neat and clean rooms, a full size restaurant and bar with great menu, hospitable concierge lounge, pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, exercise gym, business center, and ample complementary parking..., look no further - this is your hotel! You got everything you need at this specious hotel. It is also in a nice suburbia environment that is very convenient to CMH airport and Easton Mall with exclusive shops and restaurants. I use this hotel every time when I am in Columbus and I have been always taken care of starting from Check-in to Check-out!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your loyalty to our Hotel and our staff was very appreciative of the kind words in your review. Thank you for staying with us on your travels to Columbus, and I hope I have the opportunity to say hello on one of your next visits.

Lucas Laidlaw

Been to Columbus Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!