“A dedicated "Marriottista" - for an Airport hotel...excellent.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Columbus Airport Marriott

Save Saved
You added Columbus Airport Marriott to your Saves list
Columbus Airport Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1375 North Cassady Avenue, Columbus, OH 43219 (Formerly Radisson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings - 15% Off
Ranked #37 of 139 hotels in Columbus
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“A dedicated "Marriottista" - for an Airport hotel...excellent.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have very high level status in the Marriott chain, with in excess of 1,200 Marriott nights, I can compare. This is as good an experience as you can get for an airport hotel. I have stayed here 4 times in the last 5 years.

I read some of the other reviews and I am puzzled by them. My room was current, clean and very quiet (an absolute plus and not always the case at some hotels). Proximity to the airport is perfect, the staff is friendly to a person, EVERYONE I spoke to there was engaging, smiling and on top of their game. The lounge is inviting and the selection excellent. I believe that this speaks to the management of the property to have such engaged employees.

If you need to stay out by the airport, trust me on this - you won't be disappointed. It is NOT a resort, but it is as good an experience as you can get.

Room Tip: Park around back...it's easier.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
On behalf of our Hotel and Marriott, we would like to thank you for your loyalty to our Brand. With the extent of your travels, we really appreciate the feedback you were able to provide us and future travelers. Thank you again and I hope that we have the opportunity to host you in your future travels.

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I were in town for a wedding. We were allowed to check in early (thank you) which allowed us time to get ready for the wedding. Check in was a breeze and the front desk person was so very nice and friendly (even after I told her we had driven in from Ann Arbor). The room was spacious and clean. No problems whatsoever. After the wedding we had 4 family members stop by for snacks and drinks and the room was more than roomy enough for us. The looby upon checking in was very pretty and very large. Nice gathering place in the am to have a coffee and talk. If ever in Columbus again I will ceetainly seek out this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
It's great to hear that we were able to provide an excellent experience for you and your wife during your recent stay. Thank you for staying at our property on your visit to Columbus, and I hope we have the opportunity to host you both again in the future.

Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Ever since I have been to this hotel, I have not searched for any other hotel in Columbus. I must say, if you are looking for a full service hotel with very warm and friendly staff, comfortable neat and clean rooms, a full size restaurant and bar with great menu, hospitable concierge lounge, pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, exercise gym, business center, and ample complementary parking..., look no further - this is your hotel! You got everything you need at this specious hotel. It is also in a nice suburbia environment that is very convenient to CMH airport and Easton Mall with exclusive shops and restaurants. I use this hotel every time when I am in Columbus and I have been always taken care of starting from Check-in to Check-out!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your loyalty to our Hotel and our staff was very appreciative of the kind words in your review. Thank you for staying with us on your travels to Columbus, and I hope I have the opportunity to say hello on one of your next visits.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Had a good stay at the hotel.The lounge was great as well and the breakfast was very well stocked. The front desk was very helpful. There is plenty of parking. For dinner you can head downstairs or go to easton town center.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review! We're glad you had a great stay at our Hotel and we look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was in Columbus for one night only. The Marriott check-in was easy; my colleague and I grabbed a casual bite to eat in the restaurant and had a delightful waitress. The room was typical of a Marriott: a bed so comfortable that I had to remind myself to get up and get to work in the morning! Great pillows, spacious, and good amenities.
The only "bad" thing I noticed was that I wanted a bottle of water from the vending machine. The machine only took quarters. Who travels with quarters anymore? If that's ever the worst thing I have happen when traveling, I can sure live with it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel. We really appreciate the kind words regarding our associates and we hope that we get a chance to host you again in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com next time you stay with us and I'll make sure we have some bottled waters waiting for you in your room.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was my first stay at the this Hotel and had stayed here for business. The Hotel appears to be a bit dated but its offset by the warm and friendly attitude of its staff at the front desk, Restaurant etc. My room, bed and bath rooms were neat and tidy. I also had a problem when printing from the business center but the front desk got it taken care of.

Aubrey and Lee from the front desk were super friendly and very efficient in taking care of your needs.

Vince

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Mr. Raj,

I wanted to write and thank you for your kind words regarding the service of our Associates. We truly believe at this hotel that it is the people who make the difference and are the reason our guests return to stay with us. I'm also happy to let you know that our property is scheduled for the Marriott Great Room renovation in late spring 2013 which will introduce an exciting Lobby and Food & Beverage concept for our guests to experience. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and we look forward to your future stays in Columbus.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Myself and several collegues Stayed for business at this location. The young lady at the front desk during check-in was very nice knowledgeable and friendly even though she stated she was new she was very helpful. The downstairs restaurant and grill had the worst service I have ever seen. Waitresses were MIA and didn't seem to care, The front desk manager Amber Pacer and her assistant Michelle was to busy to help us and was very rude they both laughed and snickered because our travel agent had made a error and only booked 5 rooms instead of 6. Amber Pacer laughed at our situation and gave me a hard time when I asked for full name. What kind of Front Desk Manager cant give out there name. Also when I called several days to speak with the GM I was continually transfered to voicemail and no call return. This location is the worse. Courtyard was abel to accomidate us no help from Management but rest assure our corporation will never book at this locaton again.

Room Tip: unsafe place
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I wanted to write and sincerely apologize for the frustrations you experienced during your trip to our Hotel. Upon reading your review, I was very surprised to hear about the lack of empathy shown to you by our staff members and managament team as this is surely not indicative of our Hotel and the service we aim to provide. As a Marriott Hotel, we strive to exceed the expectations of every guest, every day and I am glad you were able to provide us with this feedback so we can take corrective action with our staff immediately. I would also like to hear a little more about the calls and voicemails left for the General Manager. I apologize again, but unfortunately I did not recieve a call or voicemail from you or your colleagues. In the hope that you would be able to reach me directly in the future, my direct line is 614-383-3601 and my email address is lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com. You can contact me at anytime and I assure you I will respond immediately. If conveneint for you, I would love to have the opportunity to discuss this situation further to ensure I can resolve it to your full satisfaction and restore your faith in us. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Been to Columbus Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!