“Pleasant overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Columbus Airport Marriott

You added Columbus Airport Marriott to your Saves list
Columbus Airport Marriott
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1375 North Cassady Avenue, Columbus, OH 43219 (Formerly Radisson)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #37 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was in Columbus for one night only. The Marriott check-in was easy; my colleague and I grabbed a casual bite to eat in the restaurant and had a delightful waitress. The room was typical of a Marriott: a bed so comfortable that I had to remind myself to get up and get to work in the morning! Great pillows, spacious, and good amenities.
The only "bad" thing I noticed was that I wanted a bottle of water from the vending machine. The machine only took quarters. Who travels with quarters anymore? If that's ever the worst thing I have happen when traveling, I can sure live with it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel. We really appreciate the kind words regarding our associates and we hope that we get a chance to host you again in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com next time you stay with us and I'll make sure we have some bottled waters waiting for you in your room.

Lucas Laidlaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was my first stay at the this Hotel and had stayed here for business. The Hotel appears to be a bit dated but its offset by the warm and friendly attitude of its staff at the front desk, Restaurant etc. My room, bed and bath rooms were neat and tidy. I also had a problem when printing from the business center but the front desk got it taken care of.

Aubrey and Lee from the front desk were super friendly and very efficient in taking care of your needs.

Vince

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Mr. Raj,

I wanted to write and thank you for your kind words regarding the service of our Associates. We truly believe at this hotel that it is the people who make the difference and are the reason our guests return to stay with us. I'm also happy to let you know that our property is scheduled for the Marriott Great Room renovation in late spring 2013 which will introduce an exciting Lobby and Food & Beverage concept for our guests to experience. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and we look forward to your future stays in Columbus.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Myself and several collegues Stayed for business at this location. The young lady at the front desk during check-in was very nice knowledgeable and friendly even though she stated she was new she was very helpful. The downstairs restaurant and grill had the worst service I have ever seen. Waitresses were MIA and didn't seem to care, The front desk manager Amber Pacer and her assistant Michelle was to busy to help us and was very rude they both laughed and snickered because our travel agent had made a error and only booked 5 rooms instead of 6. Amber Pacer laughed at our situation and gave me a hard time when I asked for full name. What kind of Front Desk Manager cant give out there name. Also when I called several days to speak with the GM I was continually transfered to voicemail and no call return. This location is the worse. Courtyard was abel to accomidate us no help from Management but rest assure our corporation will never book at this locaton again.

Room Tip: unsafe place
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I wanted to write and sincerely apologize for the frustrations you experienced during your trip to our Hotel. Upon reading your review, I was very surprised to hear about the lack of empathy shown to you by our staff members and managament team as this is surely not indicative of our Hotel and the service we aim to provide. As a Marriott Hotel, we strive to exceed the expectations of every guest, every day and I am glad you were able to provide us with this feedback so we can take corrective action with our staff immediately. I would also like to hear a little more about the calls and voicemails left for the General Manager. I apologize again, but unfortunately I did not recieve a call or voicemail from you or your colleagues. In the hope that you would be able to reach me directly in the future, my direct line is 614-383-3601 and my email address is lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com. You can contact me at anytime and I assure you I will respond immediately. If conveneint for you, I would love to have the opportunity to discuss this situation further to ensure I can resolve it to your full satisfaction and restore your faith in us. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel is outdated and the service is horriable. Management is rude and always to busy to assist you. I do not recommend anyone staying there. The business center printer never works and you never can speak to a manager. The furniture is falling apart in the rooms and the rooms are dingy my room had a used a condem in the restroom, and management did nothing. Management is horriable the location accross from them is Courtyard they have wonderful service and less expensive

Room Tip: try courtyard or embassy suites next door
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Tiffany,

I wanted to write and personally apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. This is certainly not the standard we operate by, and I assure you that our Associate and Management team take our guest's experience very seriously. I would like to ask if I can follow up with you via email regarding the incidents you mentioned so I can gather all of the information; including the dates and times this happened so I can address with my team appropriately. We have a number of internal systems that should have prevented these situations from happening, and I truly apologize again that you experienced these challenges during your stay. I can be reached directly at lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com at a time convenient for you. We appreciate your feedback as we strive to exceed the expectations for every guest, and we will be taking the appropriate corrective action to ensure this does not happen again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is my second stay in this hotel. Both times I came in on a very late flight for an early court appearance the following morning. I chose the hotel for location and to get rewards points. The hotel is solid. Rooms are clean and neat, price is completely fair and everything is what you would want in a Marriott.
Both times I showed up in the middle of the night, Lee Drach was on duty. For a guy working the midnight shift at a hotel near the airport in Columbus, you would think he was a lottery winner. He was the happiest, most upbeat, professional and courteous hotel employee I have ever met. Here is 1 am and he is making this experience simply wonderful. What a decent and wonderful guy. I went from "here I am stuck in Columbus again" to feeling great. If Marriott could clone him, they should.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves in a suite when we arrived to celebrate my great-nephew's wedding. It was extremely roomy, clean, and quiet. The bedroom & bath were separated from the "living room", with a door that could be closed for privacy and quiet. It contained a refrigerator & wet bar as well as a T.V.
The restaurant/bar had good food, better than I expect from a motel. We especially enjoyed the breakfast buffet. It was reasonably priced and the food was hot and tasty & could be fixed to order.
Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I never write these but I just had to warn people. Terrible terrible service, awful restaurant, awful attitude by the restaurant staff, dirty room. Simply the worst experience I've ever had a Marriott. Do not stay here.

• Stayed October 2012
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I wanted to write and first apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at our Hotel. Please be assured that we take critical feedback such as this very seriously, and it is my aim to resolve any issues to your satisfaction. If it is convenient for you, I would like to have a chance to hear more about your experience so that I can take the appropriate corrective action and ensure the issues you experienced do not happen again. You can reach me via email at lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com. I look forward to hearing from you and I hope you have a great day.

Lucas Laidlaw

Been to Columbus Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!