“best place for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #105 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
indiana
“best place for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

It is located near the interstate high. city buses are available near by. people who work are very friendly. so many restaurants are nearby. it has great contenental breakfast.
lobby has real green plants

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
buffalo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

This is, by far, the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It was downright dirty and disgusting. Entering the lobby, I immediately knew it was a really bad idea; the thick musty air saturates the entire hotel and the halls are humid. The room was gross. I was afraid to walk on the stained carpet with bare feet. The bathroom was small, smelly, and the drain was plugged. We heard screaming, slamming doors, and loud music all night long due to the club connected to the hotel. I was afraid to eat the continental breakfast; the milk was warm. This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and would not recommend it to ANYBODY. Pay the extra dollar and go some place clean.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

We arrived at this hotel for an event. When we got here it took forever to check in and the hotel staff could barely speak english. It was a hassle. We got up to our room and it wasnt that bad. We parked near our room so we could watch our old car. The bottom floor had people with barbeque grills outside there windows grilling out. We were too nervous to get into the pool because it just felt very unsafe. Later that night the halls were loud and I think someone was even knocking on our door. We looked out the window and there were tons of people in the parking lot partying. It was right down town! It was ridicilous. The kids were scared to even sleep here. It had to have been the worst we've stayed at.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

My husband and I stayed overnight on a weekend so we could enjoy the nearby Ohio State Fair. The hotel is approximately ten minutes from the fairgrounds and Ohio Expo Center. It's easy to see off the highway, but due to cement barricades that prevent you from turning into the parking lot directly from Dublin Granville Road, you must drive past the hotel and turn around to access the side road which takes you directly to the hotel. Be very aware of the No U-Turn signs in the vicinity.
Upon arrival, we noticed the nightclub in the front of the hotel property, and the parking lot is next to a very worn looking miniature golf course. We chose to park in the back after checking in. The front desk clerk was friendly and very kind with our questions.
The rooms do not open directly to the outside, so you must use the corridors to access your room. You can access these corridors from the lobby, or from the locked entrances located at opposite ends of the complex. You will need to use your keycard to enter the building if you enter from the locked doors.
Our room had two very soft double beds and a refrigerator that barely kept anything cold. This particular room was also lacking an alarm clock. The TV worked nicely, the table and two chairs was a nice addition, and the shower head had massage setting which actually worked. The tiny coffee maker in our room only makes one cup of coffee.
After midnight, the corridors became loud with some guests partying the night away. We resorted to leaving our TV on so as to mask some of the noise.
The next morning, we were happy to find a nice selection of cereals, danish, bagels and juices for our complimentary breakfast. The bagel toaster was a nice added touch.
Overall, the hotel was clean, our air conditioner worked well, and we did manage to get a night's sleep without having to complain for it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

I had such a wonderful experience at this Days Inn, I am a mommy that never forgets anything to keep my toddlers entertained but I forgot CRAYONS.. A MOMMY NO NO!!!

THe desk clerk happen to hear my kids ask me for crayons, he went to the back of the room and brought a box of crayons for the kids. I was very thankful that he did that for us.

Great service, wonderful experience !! Good Job!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Las Vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

I registered on TripAdviser just to write this review. I arrived at this hotel at 9 pm on a Saturday night and a fight spilled out of the lounge into the check-in area just as I entered. People were partying all through the halls and the place has this semi-rotten smell (old vomit?) throughout the entire building. This is not like any Days Inn I have ever visited. Luckily I got a parking space near enough to the lounge entrance and front desk to be seen, but I am still wondering if my car won't get broken into.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

This hotel was completely disgusting. We had to request extra towels and when we called the front desk they said We just brough you towels yesterday, and we said yes and we used them all- they brought them down and were completely rude! These same towels that were brought down seemed to have stains on them- like old blood. I took the towels to the front desk and the people attempting to speak English told me I must have done that to the towels. Well guess what?! No blood to be found on me or any of the other guests in my room.

There was also a bunch of hair and dirt in the bathroom surrounding the toilet and bath. HORRIBLE!!! One of the days our beds were never made and they kept unplugging our fridge.

There were crazy parties going on and they had a security guard roaming the halls- way to make you feel safe huh?? One night we woke to people pounding on our door...good nights rest of course!!

We will NEVER stay here again! DO NOT waste your time!! AWFUL!

• Liked — nothing was good!
  • Disliked — everything was horrible!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Columbus North? Share your experiences!