Let me start off by saying, there is nothing really wrong with this hotel. I am just used to staying at nicer places. The front desk staff was friendly and semi-knowledgeable in certain aspects. Melvin the maintenance guy was a great help to us locating a cart (no bell staff) so we could lug our luggage to our room. There are only four carts in this 12 floor hotel! The middle-aged blonde bartender is one of their biggest assets. She is definitely the most friendliest and sincere person they have on staff inside the hotel, remembering your name and your favorites after your first visit. The hotel provides shuttle service within the downtown area. Our favorite driver was Otis who never kept me waiting and always made good suggestions on where to eat (do not ask the front desk staff). As for the rooms, I have never stayed at hotels with rooms directly across from the elevator. This option does not work well for a light sleeper. The staff was very responsive to my needs and moved me to a higher level away from the elevator. I my new room, although the carpet was worn in some areas like the room across from the elevator, this room was remodeled. There were raised granite-like counter-tops in the tiny bathroom, shiny tile in the entry way of the room. Although the bathroom was small, it was remodeled nicely. The room contained a frig and a microwave which was pretty convenient. The pool and exercise area was nice but, it was adjacent to the business center. Therefore, the children and swimmers from the pool area had to walk past the executive conference rooms which seemed like an undesirable setup. All-in-all it was a fine stay and a decent value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that downtown Columbus has to offer at the convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capitol Square. You are at the heart of everything; shopping, dining, entertainment and the arts. You are within a short distance of German Village, Short North Arts District, The Arena District, the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets, and the new Huntington Park, home of the Columbus Clippers. We offer a complimentary airport shuttle to get you back and forth to Port Columbus International Airport, just 8 miles away. The Capital building, Federal building, Grant Hospital, Children's Hospital, and Nationwide are all less than five minutes away. The hotel is ideally situated whether you are traveling on business or pleasure. The professional and friendly staff of this Columbus hotel is waiting to make your stay away from home as comfortable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square Ohio