My husband and I booked a night here because we were in town for a concert at the Bluestone which is walking distance from the Holiday Inn. If you mention you are going to Bluestone, they will give you a discounted rate. Very nice! We booked the hotel and were happy that we did because we are members of their program and never had a bad experience at a Holiday inn, however after reading reviews, I was very skeptical. The reviews were not all very nice, I almost cancelled but decided not to. I was happy to find that it was fine and I wasn't disappointed. Our main thing when booking a hotel is cleanliness. The lobby was nice and welcoming. We checked in with ( Joe) a very friendly and helpful staff member. He made you feel very welcomed and answered all of our questions we had about the area. We got to our room and I thought the bedroom looked spacious and the bed was very nicely made. I will say though that the carpet ( although no stains...yeah) was worn a bit. You could tell it was old. The wallpaper was in need of a good cleaning , it was also a bit worn (especially in the bathroom!). I can't say it was dirty and I didn't really feel uncomfortable, but I would say its time to update some things like carpet and wallpaper because you can tell it was quite old and stains on the wallpaper was a bit "yucky". We love staying at Holiday Inns , this one must have been one of the older ones we have stayed at. The shower was nice, great water pressure. My husband and I both used the fitness center. Although it is quite small, we both got our workout in and enjoyed the room. We were the only ones in there so even though the equipment was limited , we didn't have a problem. We didn't use the pool but did check it out and it looked very clean and kept up. We had breakfast in the morning. We didn't get the buffet but ordered off the menu and the food was very enjoyable! I am not a breakfast person but I loved their food and had a wonderful waitress! Would we stay here again? We probably would . Great staff, ideal location, great breakfast and decent room, just needs updated and a probably could use a little TLC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that downtown Columbus has to offer at the convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capitol Square. You are at the heart of everything; shopping, dining, entertainment and the arts. You are within a short distance of German Village, Short North Arts District, The Arena District, the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets, and the new Huntington Park, home of the Columbus Clippers. We offer a complimentary airport shuttle to get you back and forth to Port Columbus International Airport, just 8 miles away. The Capital building, Federal building, Grant Hospital, Children's Hospital, and Nationwide are all less than five minutes away. The hotel is ideally situated whether you are traveling on business or pleasure. The professional and friendly staff of this Columbus hotel is waiting to make your stay away from home as comfortable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square Ohio