“Great hotel for those visiting patients” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #81 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great hotel for those visiting patients”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Holiday Inn provides shuttle service to Grant Medical and a discounted room rate for those who have family members there. The staff was terrific - very nice from housekeeping to the front desk to the servers at the bar and restaurant. The room could probably use a little work - the heater made a lot of noise, the bathroom tub has what I would call a permanent bath mat, and it's difficult to get the tub clean around the mat, resulting in a less-than-excellent appearance. The TV is great, but the remote did not work all of the time - I guess the batteries were dying, but the remote is screwed shut, so that disallowed me from watching TV one night when I could not sleep - I didn't want to get up and go to the lobby.

The restaurant was average - breakfast is the best meal - the bar doesn't have a lot of selection, but if you are in the hotel, it is better than nothing.

I would stay here again and I would recommend others who have relatives in the hospital to do so as the staff is so friendly and accommodating. If I were visiting for a purely pleasure trip, I may try elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear FuninPhx71,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the shuttle service.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room condition, bathroom and breakfast selection. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel less than 10hrs unfortunatly I had some issues in my room with the heating unit, and my bathroom sink. However when I called the front desk to report it they were so egar to help and so sorry for the incovience that I had to rate them all 5s. Great job to the Management and Staff!

• Stayed January 2013
Grant B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Arneda C,

Thank you for your kind words. We take great pride in our customer service and the staff loves seeing reviews like this. Thank you for your stay and should you need anything moving forward we will be happy to assist.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel seemed a bit expensive considering the room was a bit "tired" looking. We did get an upgrade to a small suite that had an attached living room and additional bathroom which was very much appreciated. The bedding was actually quite good - not the best you can get at hotels, but probably better than most in its similar price range/group. Hotel was clean. We encountered 2 staff (one at check in; one at check out) and they were both very friendly and welcoming. The restaurant and lounge didn't look to be that promising since there were only a handful of people at the bar. The location is horrible so we weren't able to walk to any restaurants in the area. Probably would not stay at this hotel due to the location, but I understand they did have shuttle service. We would have still preferred to stay at a hotel with a good location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Grant B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review. The kind words about our bedding and service are much appreciated by the staff considering the pride they take in their jobs. I apologize you were unable to work to the restaurant you desired. The front desk has extensive knowledge of the area attractions including the walkable restaurants and can arrange shuttle to locations a bit further away. Thank you again for your review, we will use the information you provided us to better serve our guests moving forward.

Louisa, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stay here frequently currently at least once a week. My son has leukemia and is treated at Nationwide Children's Hospital. The hotel is located just a few blocks from the hospital. The staff here are wonderful, very courteous and accommodating. If available they always get us a fridge for my sons meds. The rooms are clean and the hotel is quiet. The restaurant is really slow. I will definitely be coming back here. My daughter loves the pool.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Grant B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your loyalty and the kind words. I have shared your review with the staff and they are very proud they could make your experience a positive one. I have let the restaurant know about your concerns and are working to increase the speed. Thank you again for your kind words it means a lot to our hard working employees.

Manhattan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel is clean and very decent, but in a less than ideal location. It is a high rise in central Columbus, but still somehow isolated from the city. It is surrounded by a huge parking lot which makes the hotel very unappealing. On top of this, guests are charged a fee to park their car. There are no shops, restaurants, coffee, restaurants, etc. in near proxomity to the hotel. So I felt very "stuck" in the hotel.

The staff was nice and the room was OK. There is a small pool and work out area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hello,

I would first off like to thank you for selecting the Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown and for your review of your stay in Columbus. I appreciate you input about our location and apologize you were not made aware of our free local shuttle during your stay. Our shuttle will take you to and from any of the numerous attractions in Downtown for no charge. We will make sure the staff is more forth coming with the attractions within walking distance and the shuttle service moving forward. Thank you again for your stay and your review. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

Best regards,

St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel was dated and a didn't seem to be very clean however I was able to walk to German village and the river easily. The hotel van was available for longer distances. The area seemed a little unsafe to walk around at night so call the van or a cab. The staff was friendly enough but of you want nice accomadations stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Grant B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Hello,

I would first off like to thank you for selecting the Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown and for your stay in Columbus. I apologize you the room was not to your liking and we will work improve for your next visit. I am glad you were able to utilize our free transportation and had pleasant experience with our staff. We work very hard to exceed our guest expectations and value feedback such as yours. Thank you again for your stay and should you need anything moving forward please let me know.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Clean hotel that has a restaraunt and bar on property. Nothing special about the food but good and priced reasonable. Decent pool and work out room as well. Some nice meeting rooms if you need those. The room had some noise through the window and I think it was just from the wind. Nothing too bad to overcome with the fan on. My biggest comlaint is there wasnt much right around the hotel in regards to food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Grant B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Mr. K

Thank you for your kind words they are much appreciated. I have shared this review with the staff here at the Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown posting it in employee areas for all to see. They were both excited and proud to receive such a review from you.

Next time you visit I will be happy to direct you to a couple great local restaurants that are a short two block walk. We also offer a local shuttle at no charge that can take you anywhere you wish with in a three mile radius.

Thank you again for your stay and please let me know if I can assist you with any hotel needs moving forward.

Best regards,

614-221-3281

Been to Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square? Share your experiences!