Our VFW and Ladies Auxiliary Conference was booked at this hotel. There were a few hundred attending. We had 12 Hospitality rooms set up on the first floor in the conference room area. Most of the 12 districts had the larger rooms and some were set up in the small guest bedrooms. The smaller rooms were cramped and nowhere to sit.
The Veterans held their meetings in the large room attached to the building. The Ladies Auxiliary had their meetings in the ballroom. Any joint functions were held in the ballroom.
My guest room was a king room with a sofa. The room was clean. Loved the soap in the bathroom. The bed was just ok as far as comfort. The king sheets didn't fit very well. When checking in, which was quick and friendly, we asked for a fridge since the rooms don't come with them. Housekeeping brought one up and set it up for us. The lighted magnifying mirror in the bathroom was a nice touch. The heavy drapes on the window were good for keeping out the cold since the temps were in the single digits all weekend. Only a couple problems: The shower rod was drooping in the middle which made it hard to keep the curtain pulled to the ends of the rod. The other problem: I couldn't lift the drain stopper in the sink to plug the drain. I put a washcloth over the drain when rinsing my contacts. Both problems were turned in at the desk when checking out.
Even though there was food in our 12 hospitality rooms(we provide our own food), a group of us ate in the restaurant one afternoon. Everyone's food was very good. A few of us visited the bar a couple nights and Brian was very friendly and great bartender!
I was at this hotel for 3 nights as were most of the other attendees. With the long hallways, we all got our exercise going from meetings, hospitality rooms, and our guest rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Columbus North provides all of the amenities needed to ensure that your stay is perfect including more than 60 HDTV channels, wired and wireless high-speed Internet, all new Precor fitness center as well as a 24-hour business center. We are located north of Columbus and complimentary shuttle service is available to any location within a 4 mile radius. We are within a few miles of Polaris Fashion Mall, Easton Town Center and Tuttle Mall. I-71 is easily accessible to visit the Ohio Expo Center & State Fairgrounds (Ohio State Fair) and Columbus Crew Stadium. We are close to The Ohio State University, home of the Buckeyes and the Horseshoe (OSU Football Stadium) as well as the Jerome Schottenstein Center. Additional nearby attractions include golf at Muirfield Village Golf Club, home of the PGA Memorial Golf Tournament, the Columbus Zoo, Franklin Park Conservatory and COSI. With over 20,000 square feet of meeting space, the Crowne Plaza Columbus North can accommodate large groups up to 1,000 people. We'll make your weddings, conference or banquet memorable! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington Ohio