“good stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington

You added Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6500 Doubletree Avenue, Columbus, OH 43229 (Formerly Marriott North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #78 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Napoleon, Ohio
“good stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed during a group event. Hotel location is easy to find and area feels safe. Room was clean and comfortable. Air conditioner was a bit noisy but no more than most places we have stayed. Meals were good. Staff were friendly and helpful. Lots of shopping within easy driving distance. Good stay overall and would recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice stay at the Crowne Plaza. Room was very clean, and furniture and bedding was up-to-date. The parking area, lobby and hallways were all well lit and clean. The hotel is located within an office park and seemed very safe. Our stay was on a Friday night and the hotel was busy, but we didn't hear any noise from our room. We were also on the side of the hotel that faces the interstate; however, we didn't hear any road noise. The staff were all very friendly, professional and helpful. Would recommend this hotel; especially, if you get a good deal on the room rate which we were able to do on Priceline.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
dayton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed here overnight for business. They provided a large meeting room which was nice except for the air kicking on a lot and it was very loud.. I had a king size bed room and it appeared old and needing updated. Slept Like crap...bed needed updated too. Food provided by the hotel was very good. I didn't eat much as was dieting so can't say about cheesecake but it looked great. Hotel also provided snacks during our meetings. Fresh fruits coffee cookies pretzels and chips. Towards end of day bar just outside our meeting room popped popcorn and it smelled amazing!! Check in and out very smooth and professional. Just wish the hotel was updated more. Needs refrigs in room and microwaves. Better beds. Restrooms were way too far away from Buckeye room. Believe me....its a long walk back and forth when you are in a meeting all day and you have to get up and walk that path a lot. updated also Food was provided by the hotel

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear cinderella1106,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. We are pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. We appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I do not know how this hotel has 3 1/2 stars. The sheets are thin. The room is dirty. There are dead bugs in the lights. Turned on bedside lamp and dust bunnies fell on my hand. Noisy from freeway. Front desk personnel seemed scattered and slow. Don't usually use Crowne Plaza, but booked two nights here on star recommendation while visiting family. Sigh. There are much better hotels close by. No need to bother with this place.

Stayed October 2013
Steve P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were very disappointed and that we fell short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from the Crowne Plaza brand. I truly apologize, and I can assure you that I will definitely utilize your review to the improve the overall guest experience.

Alcoa, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I asked for a room on the ground floor in my reservation made 6 months in advance. When I arrived, the room was as far away from the doors as it could be. My room was in the middle of a convention where all the rooms except mine were open and the hallways were full of loud people. I couldn't get in or out with moving thru crowds. They wanted to charge me to use the internet and I had to call twice to get a code. never did get it to connect. The bed was broken down on the end where it had been sat upon so much, that you slipped off it if you wanted to put your shoes on. The air conditioner/heater unit made so much noise, I had to turn it off to make phone calls, watch TV and sleep. Although while it was running, I didn't notice the people partying in the hall. The bathroom was hardly big enough to turn around in. Both the sink and tub were dripping and the tub had water standing in it. Oh, the coffeemaker still had someones old coffee grounds in it!! The weight room was one of the better equipped I have seen and was the only thing I remotely liked. Yes there was a pool, but the ambient temperature was about 45F and too cold to get in. I was not impressed with the staff at the front desk, they were not friendly or helpful. Oh and no breakfast bar either. My experience at this hotel was bad enough, I checked out early the next morning and went elsewhere for the rest of the week.

Room Tip: ask for one nearest the door.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Steve P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very sorry that we did not live up to your expectation during your stay. We fell short of delevering the quality stay that we normally do. We have addressed the issues with the appropriate departments to ensure corrective action is taken. Thank you again for your comments and for being our guest.

canfield ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place is great. Great rooms, pool, fitness center, bar and restaurant. We stay every year for the Good Guys show and these folks pull out the red carpet for us. Beds and pillows are comfortable and housekeeping is right on. Nice little store for those after hour cravings. My only con about this property is they charge a fee for a fridge and microwave. Staying 4 nights it would be nice to have both at no cost.

Room Tip: If your a pool person ask for a ground floor. It has sliding glass doors directly to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Columbus North. I truly appreciate your loyalty to the hotel as you have been staying here for over 10 years. The GOOD GUYS event is one of the staff's favorite events of the year and we look forward to seeing you next year. We have discontinued charging for refrigerators as they are on a first come first serve basis.

Canal Winchester, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The pool and hot tub were GREAT! Love that the outdoor pool is heated! Appearance wise it could use a little work, but that didn't take away from the fact that it was a great addition to the hotel. Our room was pretty much spotless except for some stains on the curtains and I wasn't crazy about the fact that the air conditioner had cobwebs on it. The bed was comfortable enough but the pillows were far too big for my preference and I had trouble sleeping because of it. We had a room facing I-71 and despite what prior reviews said, the traffic noise was not unbearable. Also to the contrary of prior reviews, the air conditioner is not overly loud. The front desk staff was very friendly, as they allowed us to check in a few hours early and always greeted us as we walked into the hotel. We basically just used the hotel as a couple's night getaway and for the pool and it served its purpose well. I definitely would not mind coming back to this hotel, especially if the price is right.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Sheraton Suites Columbus
#60 of 141 in Columbus
3.5 of 5 stars 258 reviews
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington

Been to Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington? Share your experiences!