There are two classes of guests at this hotel:
A. The cheap "Priceline Guest"
B. The "Pay full price and get perks Guest"
I enjoyed being a Priceline guest.
The room you get for bidding below $50 is fairly basic. You don't get a refrigerator, microwave or free breakfast or free WiFi.
What you DO get is a comfortable, standard size room with a comfortable bed (most important to me). The furnishings are good (the chairs are comfortable). You won't have to get on your hands and knees to find electrical outlets for your computer or Cpap. The soaps and lotions in the bathroom are of a higher quality. You are provided a countertop "make-up" mirror. There is an ironing board and iron in the closet. You also get a coffee-maker on the desk. The tv is a newer flatscreen type with a good amount of channels (Including 2 HBO channels).
When you think about it... this place isn't really "no-frills" at all, even when you do go the Priceline route.
Here are a couple tips you can try to enhance your experience:
The "Guest services directory" that comes in the room mentions free high-speed internet in every room. Since the words "free" and "in-room" are mentioned, take your directory to the front desk and point this out. You might be able to convince them to get a free Wi-Fi password. After a bit of arguing this point, I was able to do this.
No refrigerator? No problem! If you bring beverages in 12 oz. cans... try this trick. The HVAC unit in my room was configured with the air filters in front of the vents (which lift upwards). You can rest your cans over the vents by lifting the filter screen up about an inch. The fast-rushing chilled air will cool your beverages quickly.
One last note.
Don't be fooled by the photos to think that this hotel is on a lake. Nope. That is a drainage pond which is wedged between the expressway and this hotel. Do yourself a favor and look at Google or Bing Maps aerial images.
Would I recommend staying here? Absolutely! For the price of the one-star motels just down the road, you can enjoy a peaceful rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Columbus North provides all of the amenities needed to ensure that your stay is perfect including more than 60 HDTV channels, wired and wireless high-speed Internet, all new Precor fitness center as well as a 24-hour business center. We are located north of Columbus and complimentary shuttle service is available to any location within a 4 mile radius. We are within a few miles of Polaris Fashion Mall, Easton Town Center and Tuttle Mall. I-71 is easily accessible to visit the Ohio Expo Center & State Fairgrounds (Ohio State Fair) and Columbus Crew Stadium. We are close to The Ohio State University, home of the Buckeyes and the Horseshoe (OSU Football Stadium) as well as the Jerome Schottenstein Center. Additional nearby attractions include golf at Muirfield Village Golf Club, home of the PGA Memorial Golf Tournament, the Columbus Zoo, Franklin Park Conservatory and COSI. With over 20,000 square feet of meeting space, the Crowne Plaza Columbus North can accommodate large groups up to 1,000 people. We'll make your weddings, conference or banquet memorable! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington Ohio