We stayed at the Crowne Plaza because we received a vendor rate for the show in which we were exhibitors. The hotel was easy to find and on the outside looked very nice. When we arrived at the front desk, we were fourth in line to check in and there was only one desk clerk. She spent an inordinate amount of time reviewing restaurants with one of the guests and while I would want the same service for me, I would have expected her to call more desk clerks up to help and there were two additional ones that came out from the back after all of us were checked in.
The room we had was up on the 8th floor (of 9) and quite a ways from the elevator, which was exactly what we wanted. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We ordered room service right after we arrived and that seemed to be a bit of a chore. We saw an ad at the front desk for pizza and I asked during check in how late room service was available and if I could get the pizzas. Those seemed to be very difficult questions for the staff but they finally determined I could still do it for another 25 minutes. I called room service and had a very difficult time finding out what type of pizza I could order - a lot of "can't have this with that, that comes only with this sauce,etc"; all too complex for a simple room service order. However, we finally got it ordered and it was delivered in about 20 minutes by a very friendly staff member.
The next night (Friday), we went down to the lobby bar. It was nice that they had a bar onsite but service was a bit slow even though they didn't seem that busy. We went back to it on Saturday night (captive audience) and service was horrible with only 4-5 people sitting at the bar. It took forever to get the bartender's attention. When my wife and sister-in-law showed up, my sister-in-law doesn't drink and asked for a glass of milk. the bartender said it would be a minute on the milk. 30 minutes later, we told her to skip it and left. Very, very slow service and the staff had a very indifferent attitude toward the guests.
We received a discounted price on the room so I really can't speak to the value for the dollar spent. Would I stay here again? If I had the same situation for business and the same discounted rate, I probably would but would go elsewhere for food and drink. For me, service goes a long way to making a stay enjoyable and this hotel didn't make service a consistent priority.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Columbus North provides all of the amenities needed to ensure that your stay is perfect including more than 60 HDTV channels, wired and wireless high-speed Internet, all new Precor fitness center as well as a 24-hour business center. We are located north of Columbus and complimentary shuttle service is available to any location within a 4 mile radius. We are within a few miles of Polaris Fashion Mall, Easton Town Center and Tuttle Mall. I-71 is easily accessible to visit the Ohio Expo Center & State Fairgrounds (Ohio State Fair) and Columbus Crew Stadium. We are close to The Ohio State University, home of the Buckeyes and the Horseshoe (OSU Football Stadium) as well as the Jerome Schottenstein Center. Additional nearby attractions include golf at Muirfield Village Golf Club, home of the PGA Memorial Golf Tournament, the Columbus Zoo, Franklin Park Conservatory and COSI. With over 20,000 square feet of meeting space, the Crowne Plaza Columbus North can accommodate large groups up to 1,000 people. We'll make your weddings, conference or banquet memorable! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington Ohio