I have one complaint, but it's pretty big. I will start off with an overall impression, though.
Quiet location. Not right off the highway, but pretty easy to get to. It's more of a business and conference type hotel. I bet they hold wedding parties, conferences, etc.
I was greeted and treated very nicely at the front desk. I was told that Wi-Fi was $8 more, and asked if I wanted to add it. Also, WiFi was free in the lobby, if I chose that route.
Hallway on second floor had an odd smell. Not horrible, but not fresh. I kept thinking some of that carpet powder and a vacuum would help. Might just be old carpet that needs replacing.
Inside the room was nice overall. The alarm clock has a "CD Player" option. Time to upgrade. I've been seeing Ipod/Iphone docks for years at other hotels.
Bedding, towels, overall look was nice.
And then the horror came in. I first saw the duct on the bathroom. And it was covered in dust. Like it was caked on dust that probably hadn't been touched in months. And the problem with it being in the duct, was that it was to be blown all over the place, if I turned on the fan in the bathroom. Luckily, I did not. I saw the dust before I had the chance.
Not the air conditioner was the same. The air conditioner looked to be about 30 years old. Really old knobs. Which is fine, but it was dirty as well. The knobs, the casing and the slots were dirty and dusty. And that means the dust is being blown around the room. Just disgusting. Also, where the knobs sat was the longest hair I have ever seen.
Now, Crowne Plaza. You are soooo close to being a good hotel. Just just using a vacuum and cleaning the vents. I would not stay there again because I am thinking that I saw the two vents, but what else in the room hadn't been cleaned in ages?
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North Hotel Columbus
- Crowne Plaza Columbus
- Columbus Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Columbus North provides all of the amenities needed to ensure that your stay is perfect including more than 60 HDTV channels, wired and wireless high-speed Internet, all new Precor fitness center as well as a 24-hour business center. We are located north of Columbus and complimentary shuttle service is available to any location within a 4 mile radius. We are within a few miles of Polaris Fashion Mall, Easton Town Center and Tuttle Mall. I-71 is easily accessible to visit the Ohio Expo Center & State Fairgrounds (Ohio State Fair) and Columbus Crew Stadium. We are close to The Ohio State University, home of the Buckeyes and the Horseshoe (OSU Football Stadium) as well as the Jerome Schottenstein Center. Additional nearby attractions include golf at Muirfield Village Golf Club, home of the PGA Memorial Golf Tournament, the Columbus Zoo, Franklin Park Conservatory and COSI. With over 20,000 square feet of meeting space, the Crowne Plaza Columbus North can accommodate large groups up to 1,000 people. We'll make your weddings, conference or banquet memorable! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.