“Recently renovated, excellent staff, favorite hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington

You added Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6500 Doubletree Avenue, Columbus, OH 43229 (Formerly Marriott North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #80 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Toledo, Ohio
“Recently renovated, excellent staff, favorite hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a favorite hotel in a great location. The staff is friendly and helpful. We love the pool. The fitness center offers free weights and many machines. This is a great hotel for families, couples, or business travel. I have stayed for all three reasons and I will stay again. They offer a hotel rewards program as well.

• Stayed March 2013
Aaron H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thanks for taking a few moments out of your day to let us know about your positive experience at our hotel. I am happy that you were able to take advantage of our indoor pool and recently renovated fitness center. Hopefully you will be able to return sometime in the coming months when the outdoor pool is open!

Aaron Humphrey
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Bryan, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I traveled with our jr. high church retreat. I believe they had over 400 jr high kids for this weekend. I had no complaints about the hotel. Our rooms were clean. The whole hotel was clean. If you have read any of my other reviews, I am very picky out cleanliness. The food was outstanding considering they were serving buffet style meals 3 times a day for our group. I would have expected the basics but it was wonderful. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful the whole weekend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for providing us this valuable feedback. I am very happy to hear that the entire staff was able to meet your expectations! Please keep us in mind the next time you travel to Columbus!

Aaron Humphrey
Front Office Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Can't use "indoor" pool, too cold.
No free breakfast, no free wifi in room
Tub drains slow as molasses. Had to walk so far to my room with children. Only got this cause Priceline claimed it had 3 stars...as far as I am concerned Priceline is a scam too

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear BillFoster1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will certainly be looked into. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, we thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel in the area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
highstandards1034
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My room was very clean. The upgrades they have done , mirrors, bathrooom sink and facets are nicely done. The room had a refrig with small freezer and a microwave. These were nice b/c I was there for a few nights and there is really nothing within walking distance as it is located in a business complex /park. If you don't have a car you are kind of stranded except for their shuttle or cab. Polaris mall not too far by cab or shuttle and it is really nice if you have some time. Construction is going on but they cover it over nicely so I was not really bothered by it, except I may have patronized the restaurant if the work was not being done. The only reason I give it average on service is that front desk is a little too laid back. When I called to ask about shuttle they sent it, but several times was told they weren't sure they could send it, yet the drivers always said it was no problem,,, not sure why they hesitate. I finally started calling cabs, so really their drivers missed out on some large tips b/c of the front desk. They need to get straight either they do or don't. I understand they have had management changes and layoffs. Too bad, b/c it actually could be a great place , not just a good place. Just a little more bell service, etc. My room was comfortable and very quiet which is important to me. There was a faint smell of smoke or something in my room that was hard to shake, though the windows do open so I aired out a little. Otherwise the room was nice. I ordered room service twice and it was extremely prompt and courteous.

Room Tip: Room near rear elevator was very quiet. very quiet b/c most people used the front one. However you d...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saginaw, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We spent one night here on our way through Ohio. We booked a room on the club level. It was very spacious and clean. The club was nice and had a great selection of food & beverages and the attendant was very nice.

They are in the process of renovation the hotel but the parts we saw must have already been done because they were all very nice.

It's in a business park area but still very convenient to the highway and quite affordable during non-work travelers times.

We would absolutely stay there if ever in the area again!

• Stayed November 2012
Daniel O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thanks for staying with us and for your kind words...you're right, the Club Level rooms can be an extra great value with hot appetizers in the evening and hot breakfast in the morning. I'm glad you found the location convenient and look forward to having you back soon when the renovations are complete.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked the room through Hotwire for 11/3. After reading the reviews, we sent a note to the manager with a request...we never heard from him. We arrived at the hotel and were greeting by a lovely woman at the front desk. Not only did she make us feel welcome she upgraded our room after showing my Priority Card. The room was very nice, the bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom was well appointed. We saw the pool and it looked great but we
didn't have a chance to use it. We throughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend it and
would stay here again. Thank you Crowne Plaza!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Daniel O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your successful stay. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable mattress as all mattresses in the hotel have recently been replaced. Hopefully next time you are with us you will be able to take advantage of our pool! Sorry for not responding…I try to reply to all emails immediately but obviously I somehow missed yours. I’m glad you were well cared for despite my oversight and hope your special request was fully met.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Trying to catch up on some reviews, so this one is a little dated....but...also thought perhaps very timely.

Last NYE we celebrated my sister in laws wedding at the Crowne Plaza and had a wonderful stay.

The hotel is clean and the staff very friendly. As with many of my reviews, I will state these three things which I find to reoccur in the reviews of others and I think worth mentioning, and after all, I am the Travel Witch!

First, if you want all of the creature comforts of home...well, then stay home! Second, if you want the luxuriousness of a super fancy hotel, well, pay the price and stay there. Third, if you want hotel staff to be pleasant to you....for goodness sakes, be pleasant to them. After all, you put your pants on one leg at a time, the same as they do!

Now, with all that said there are things that I do care about when traveling. Cleanliness. Safety. and...when traveling for pleasure...Affordability! I can honestly say while staying at the CP all of these things were met.

The hotel lobby, restaurant, ballrooms (ceremony, reception, and ready room), and our sleeping rooms were all clean. All of the locations on the main floor are very modern, bright, and eye catching. We had the fortune of staying in a suite with an adjoining room. The suite was a bit dark, with dim lighting, and darker furniture and accessories. Combine that with dreary weather outside and the rooms were dark. But they were clean. The adjoining room was much brighter and lighter. We didn't stay there to have a wedding in our suite - our suite was for relaxing (everything was comfortable, great TV's), feeding our children, (nice little table, microwave, and fridge), preparing for the wedding (plenty of room to iron and nice large mirrors), and sleeping (beds were really comfortable).

Our children took advantage of the pool area and thought that was a lot of fun. They pool is both and indoor and outdoor pool which they found very intriguing.

The restaurant is yummy - and the breakfast buffet very tasty with plenty of choices for everyone. Make sure to ask for child prices for the buffet which makes it reasonable.

We have toyed with the idea of returning this year for NYE's as each year an Elvis impersonator performs at the hotel for a big dinner and dancing event. From what I understand, it is a package deal, so you can get a room, the dinner/dancing event, and breakfast the next morning. (everyone seemed to have breakfast tickets) I must admit, we slipped out of the reception several times to stop in and watch Mike Alpert who is probably THE best Elvis impersonator....ever...and puts on one heck of a show!!! If I had the money, I would be there every year!

I mentioned SAFETY being a concern when traveling. I will say, the Crowne Plaza keeps their exterior doors locked with key card access only AND ALL floors on the elevator need to have a key card to access them. This is really nice as the hotel has a quite extensive meeting space which is used for conferences, conventions, and trade shows and lots of people come and go without staying at the hotel overnight. This extra safety measure helps to prevent everyone from roaming the halls upstairs and limits it to guests with key cards. Are there ways to get around this - sure if you are really sneaky, I'm sure - and one always has to be on guard when traveling, but it does certainly help with safety.

We enjoy the Crowne. We have stayed there many times and in my previous business life utilized it for meetings and conferences. I would stay there again and recommend it to anyone traveling in the area.

If you are planning a wedding the Crowne is also an excellent place for receptions. The staff is very accommodating to brides and their planning entourage!

Room Tip: I love the suites!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Daniel O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Better late than never as they say....we really appreciate you sharing your thorough review and informed perspective. Clean, Safe, and a Great Value are the keys...couldn't have said it better myself. I would add Friendly and Caring staff to that priority list as well. If you are serious about joining us for NYE again this year we can give you the number to book the Elvis show, just call us. I hope we see you.

Been to Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington? Share your experiences!