We recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza - North Columbus during the National USA Volleyball tournament. Our hotel was filled with volleyball players and their families. We received a great room rate and we were able to have our whole team(12 rooms) on the same floor. Our room was clean and roomy, the beds and pillows were comfortable. The chair, however, was filthy. Really needed replacing. There was nice flat screen TV. The bathroom, however was very dated and had a "nursing home type" smell to it. We were all promised refrigerators with our reservation, but there were only 3 available for 3 our of our 12 rooms. The hallways were loud, you could hear any door close on the whole floor - there was at least an inch gap at the bottom of our door preventing any type of sound proofing.
The lobby and other common areas were very spacious, but very outdated and a little dingy. This hotel really needs some updating. The exercise room was very nice with great equipment. The pool was also nice with an indoor-outdoor connection.
During our stay, there was a terrible storm that knocked out our power for 48 hours. Our rooms were dark without air conditioning. The staff was very helpful to get us some ice. There was complimentary coffee and muffins in the morning. They waved our room fee for the first night and only charged us half for the second night. They did their best under the circumstances.
The staff was always very helpful, and polite. It was nice to have free wifi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Columbus North provides all of the amenities needed to ensure that your stay is perfect including more than 60 HDTV channels, wired and wireless high-speed Internet, all new Precor fitness center as well as a 24-hour business center. We are located north of Columbus and complimentary shuttle service is available to any location within a 4 mile radius. We are within a few miles of Polaris Fashion Mall, Easton Town Center and Tuttle Mall. I-71 is easily accessible to visit the Ohio Expo Center & State Fairgrounds (Ohio State Fair) and Columbus Crew Stadium. We are close to The Ohio State University, home of the Buckeyes and the Horseshoe (OSU Football Stadium) as well as the Jerome Schottenstein Center. Additional nearby attractions include golf at Muirfield Village Golf Club, home of the PGA Memorial Golf Tournament, the Columbus Zoo, Franklin Park Conservatory and COSI. With over 20,000 square feet of meeting space, the Crowne Plaza Columbus North can accommodate large groups up to 1,000 people. We'll make your weddings, conference or banquet memorable! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington Ohio