“Good Hotel, Great Location” 3 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #43 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Antonio, Texas
“Good Hotel, Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

If you are staying in Columbus, Ohio, you can't find a much better location then the Hyatt Regency. I found rooms spacious and clean (there for 2 nights); however, the internet was so slow, it was barely usable. When it is 10-15 degrees outside, the importance of the internet stands out even more than usual. It was a big part of what I needed to do and is the primary reason I didn't give the hotel a better review. I am not sure i would return to this hotel w/o more emphasis on the internet quality/speed. If you have no need for the internet, hotel is in a great location for pretty much anything downtown. I just expected more from a Hyatt Regency.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am sorry to hear that our Wi-Fi did not function well for you. Our IT team is actively working to improve the quality and functionality of our internet service for our customers. I am glad you were pleased with other aspects of the hotel, and your stay, and hope to have another chance to earn your business in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I was driving trought he US in December 2013, I needed flexibility and a place to stay. As I drove around America, the Hyatt Regency Columbus, will have to be amoughts the best.

Staff are friendly, very helpful, and in general everything is easy.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room as far away as possible from the lift
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your great five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad to hear that you were happy with our hotel and hope you will pass through and stay with us again!
Aurora, Illinois, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really great and very clean. Service was top notch and professional at all turns. The only issue I had with this hotel internet speed. After talking with the IT guy, he let me know he had it already in process and if I come back in a year, I will not be disappointed. Having this hotel connected to the convention center, this made it all worth it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the delay you endured with our internet connection. Our IT professional is working hard to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible so that individuals such as yourself can enjoy the fastest service possible. I hope you will give us another chance to show you an excellent Hyatt stay the next time you are in to visit the Convention Center.
Massillon, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I were here for only 1 night after a George Strait concert.
For the rate they charge and the reputation of other Hyatt Regency properties, this hotel was a let down.
The extra blanket for the bed was dirty! I mean really dirty as in sticky! The shower control handle was loose and kept "falling" into the extreme hot position.
What are they thinking about when it comes to room cleanliness and maintenance?

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am very sorry to hear of the uncleanliness and disrepair you experienced while you were with us. I hope you brought the condition of your room to our attention while you were on-site to give us the opportunity to correct the situation. I invite you to contact me directly to discuss other aspects of your stay. I hope you will give us another chance to show you a wonderful experience and repair your confidence in Hyatt Regency Columbus.
Marietta, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hyatt for my third time February 6-8, 2014 for the Ohio Music Education Association Professional Development Conference. The stay was wonderful. The hotel staff was very friendly even though the hotel was completely booked for the night and they were extremely busy. The location is great if you are attending something in the convention center as it is connected and has all of the amenities of a great hotel. It is also within blocks of all of the downtown Columbus attractions so you can walk there if your parking lot doesn't have in and out privileges. If you stay, visit the north market right across the street. The only issue with the hotel was the housekeeping staff knocked on the door at 8am, four hours prior to checkout.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! Let me first apologize for the early hour at which you were disturbed by our eager housekeeping professional to clean your room. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel for your conference going needs and that our staff otherwise exceeded your expectations. I hope you will return to us the next time you find yourself in need of accommodations in the downtown area.
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

It was great to be inside the entire time I attended a conference. The walkways and available restaurants were nice. It was extremely cold at the end of January. So we relied on the walkways and restaurants in the hotel or close by. The actual room was dusty and not vacuumed well around the edges. If I stayed here again, I would complain and have them clean the room or move to another one. Every night our group enjoyed the large bar and talking together. We also were served excellent food at the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the unsatisfactory condition in which you found your accommodations. Thank you for bringing the housekeeping oversight to my attention. I am glad to hear you were otherwise please with your stay and were able to frequent our food and beverage outlets. I hope to have you with us again the next time you are in for a conference.
North Olmsted, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I called while I was on the road to Columbus around 11:00 to request that my room and a family members room be as close as possible, I was reassure that it was, and that the request was put in for me. my party arrived at the hotel early around 1:00 I understand that check in is not until 3:00, however my family member's room was ready immediately, and front desk told me that our room was currently being cleaned and we would receive a phone call when the room is ready. at 4:30 in the afternoon I still had not received a phone call so that I could get settled into my room. I approached front desk and they told me that the room was still being cleaned... since 1:00.I finally have access to my room at 5:00.I came to Columbus for an event , and missed two very important panels( the main reason for booking a room here) while waiting to get into my room , because i could not change my clothes.When I got into the room that was supposedly cleaned, there was no soap, or tissues in the room and a towel on the closet floor.the elevator situation was abysmal I was staying on the 18th floor and needless to say I walked down the stairs to the first floor at least three times and not for my health.The last time i waked down the stairs was upon check out there was a hall full of people that had been waiting AN HOUR on the 18th floor to get on the elevator to go downstairs to check out, when I called from the room I was told that everyone was being given late check out because of the elevators. I asked if I could leave my bags in the room and have a bell hop pick them up, i was told that i'm better off grabbing my bags and walking down the stairs it would be quicker. there was over hour wait to retrieve my car, then to top it all off the Valet station lost the second half of my key ring. They had the key without the second half of my quick release key ring.... all I was told was "are you sure there was another part to your keys?" Of coarse I'm sure the other half is attached to my house keys! Then i was offered to wait another hour if i wanted to speak to a manager. I had a three hour drive home ahead of me and decided to go home, and wait for a survey that i knew would come. My stay at this establishment has been terrible and ruined the reason for why I came to Columbus this weekend. I will not be staying here again , and will be publishing this memo on the Ohayocon board to share horror stories. Before my stay here I believed this to be a great hotel to stay at, unfortunately I was proven wrong.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the inconvenience you endured with regard to the delays in getting into your room on your day of arrival and for the exceptionally long elevator waits. The situation with your keys is inopportune. I hope you spoke with a manager with Standard Parking, our contract Valet company, in an effort to get the second half of your keys found. Thank you for bringing the situation to my attention. Ohayocon is a high-intensity level conference here at the hotel and we value the business greatly. Your group is creative and most of all very fun to have with us. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to have you with us to show you that this is a great place to stay.

Been to Hyatt Regency Columbus? Share your experiences!