This is my third review of the Hyatt Regency Columbus. We stay here annually as a participant in the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon and Half Marathon. We made our reservation in February and received a race room rate. A week or so prior to the race, we received an email acknowledging our reservation and suggesting that we contact the hotel if we needed to modify our reservation to ensure a pleasant stay.
We live three hours from Columbus and wanted to arrive early in the city to avoid home game football traffic. On the off chance of checking in early, I stopped at the front desk at 12:15. I was greeted by Wil who said our room was ready. Wow. Check in 3 hours before the normal time? Sure, we’ll take it. I had requested room 1129 which is a good room for people watching. It was not available, but Wil said he could get us a room with a similar view: Room 1629. High. Perfect. All of the rooms have refrigerators but no microwaves for sanitation reasons. The refrigerators are turned ‘off’ to save energy. Ours cooled off nicely when turned to the highest setting.
We were surprised that the wi-fi charge was $9.95 per day. However, we did not ask the front desk to see if the fee could be waived. We have come to expect free wi-fi and most hotels we stay in do offer it.
Another reason to stay at the Hyatt is the easy, covered access to the Convention Center, location of the expo. The food court on the lower level of the Convention Center is also a convenient place to purchase sundries, get food, and tourist information. I took advantage of the coupon page and got 10% off a combo breakfast from Chick and Eggs.
I asked for a late checkout on Sunday morning after the race. That was not a problem, either: 1:00 p.m. was perfect. The hotel always has plenty of staff available for check-in and check-out. There is never more than one person waiting at any time.
Check out this property; you may be as high on Hyatt as we are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 633 guest rooms, including 16 suites, and Hyatt business plan rooms... connected to the Greater Columbus Convention Center.. 63,000 sq ft meeting space, including 15,500 sq ft ballroom and 32 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Regency Columbus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Columbus Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Columbus
- Hyatt Regency Columbus Ohio