“Yarn Conference TNNA” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Oak Hill,Virginia
“Yarn Conference TNNA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hotel room was clean and very pleasant. Not being familiar with Columbus we decided to stay in and have meals at the cafe, I have to say for a hotel the food was excellent...cudos to the chef there. The meals were moderately priced and creative, it was such a pleasant surprise. Thanks again....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am happy to read that you were pleased with your dining experience with us. I will definitely pass on your praise to our Executive Chef, Steve Johnson, and his very capable staff. I hope you will chose Hyatt Regency Columbus again the next time you are in for a conference!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have spend a many nights at the Hyatt Regency in Columbus Ohio for business and for fun in the downtown area. I have always found the staff to be friendly, customer-centric, and helpful. The location is perfect for any activity in the Columbus area. Rooms are always clean, quiet, and have great views. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Park in the attached parking garage. There are some neat little shops and a food court attached to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad to hear that we are doing everything we can to make you a loyal, happy customer. We look forward to your return the next time your travel needs bring you to the area.
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hyatt Columbus was a great value and very modern. I like the decor and it felt like I was in a expensive NYC hotel. Easy garage parking (connected to convention center) with in/out for a small fee, but it was worth it, or valet is also available.

Room Tip: 20 mins to Scioto Downs or Hollywood Casino in either direction.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you were happy with your experience at the hotel and hope to see you in again soon!
Delphos
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

i volunteered for GAMA for their origins even in the convention center. they offer all there 32 hour volunteers a free hotel room for 5 days the duration of the convention. my work forced me to work the day of check in so i called and said i would be late. i get there to find out that they gave away my reservation claiming i did not call and forced me to pay $160 at another hotel for the night, im 20 giving my time for something i love and i don't go there with much money as most of everything is paid for, for me i was extremely mad . the manager was extremely rude to me. dont get me started on the slow elevators. there website said we got free breakfast along with our room but when we got there they forced us to pay the $17 each morning. horrible weekend.

Room Tip: back rooms have a great room and ok A/C
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the confusion we caused at your arrival. I do hope we were able to assist you in the acquisition of a room nearby the night you arrived. I apologize for the overall lack of satisfaction you experienced while you were with us, and hope you will give us another chance next year to give you a great GAMA stay.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

First let me say that the hotel is very clean and the rooms were very comfortable. Now for the issue. I attended a trade show/convention here from 6/7 to 6/9 and the hotel seemed full. Very convenient to the convention center which is attached. Not sure what was going on but the elevator service was horrible. There were times that we waited 15-30 to get to our rooms on the tenth floor. We were able to find the service elevator but so did everyone else, making that a long process as well. There is a large food court attached with many choices and pretty good prices. The lobby bar seemed over priced but there are many bars and eateries within a short walk. If it hadn't been for the elevator issue this hotel would be perfect when going to the convention center.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the bottom floors incase you need to take the stairs...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the elevator delays you experienced while staying with us. Thank you for the compliments on the appearance of the hotel! I hope you will give us another chance to give you a flawless Hyatt stay the next time you are in the area.
Charlotte, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Pros: Great location connected to the convention center. Great view. Front desk was friendly. We did get a discount on parking eight dollars rather than 12 a night in the parking garage on Chestnut.
Cons: Felt nickeled and dimed for everything. Pop machine on the 15 floor didn't take cash only credit/debit cards. No matter what time of day there was at least a ten minute wait for elevators. Room needed a good cleaning. The vent in the bathroom was disgusting and had dust bunnies coming out of it. There was a tile missing in the bathroom, blood (?) and paint splatters on the walls. When the AC unit turned on it made this squeak that sounded just like someone opening a door. I’m a light sleeper so it woke me up every single time. My husband is a very hard sleeper and it kept him up too.
Bottom line I think we'll look for another hotel next year. Perhaps one that provides a free breakfast, rather than paying 40 bucks for a just okay meal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus. Thank you for bringing the unclean status of your room to my attention. Feedback such as yours allows us to coach our Housekeeping staff on cleanliness expectations. I hope you will change your mind, and give us another chance to give you a wonderful Hyatt stay.
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Hyatt Regency hotel - one night for pleasure and one night for a work conference. If ever in Columbus again, I will be staying elsewhere.

Highlights of the hotel:
- Location is fabulous. It's a short walk to downtown, concert venues, hockey arena, shopping and more.
- My room was modern, clean, luxe feeling and cute.

Lowlights of the hotel:
- I had to call housekeeping to service my room. Then, eight hours later at 8 pm at night, I had to call again so I could get new coffee cups and towels.
There is one bank of elevators for guests. For a 20 floor hotel. After checking in, I had to wait 10 minutes to get on an elevator to go upstairs.
- The mattresses have pillowtops, which some people might find nice, but make me sleep terrible. Both night I stayed at the Hyatt I averaged only a few hours of uncomfortable sleep.

If you can';t stay anywhere else, this hotel is fine. And it's attached to the Convention Center, so certainly convenient. But I don't think any of that convenience is worth it.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have nice views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize that we did not clean your room in a timely manner. Thank you for bringing the delay to my attention. Please note that the amount of elevators we have for guests is an ongoing issue at our property. We have made a remedy to the situation by converting two of our service elevators over to guest usage during high volume times. They are located to the left of the Front Desk and any Hyatt associate can direct you there. Also note that we are in the beginning stages of installing new Grand Beds in our guest rooms! I hope you will give us another chance to win your business. Your feedback is appreciated.

Been to Hyatt Regency Columbus? Share your experiences!