“fun during easyrider” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Grove City, Ohio, United States
“fun during easyrider”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We showed up to valet that cost twenty five dollars which was a deal to parking yourself for fifteen and the even let us park way past check out the next day. They seen our case of beer and said because of a liquor license we were allowed to only bring in six beers. Lucky for me I was drinking vodka and was able to take the whole bottle in with me. LOL!! Our room was clean and beautiful. We were attending the easyrider show at the convention center. Made for a short walk in the cold and nice place to sleep rather than going home after drinks. We ate at the food court the next morning.We tried the buffet at the hotel but it was forty dollars a person!!! They offer government prices which is what made this place affordable. We did not find the time to go swimming or work out at the gym. But we did walk down to see it. The pool is indoor and big enough for maybe six people. Enough to get wet I suppose. The gym was was small but packed with lots of equipment. Great other place in the area to visit would be the north market. Lots of local venders there. I know during the summer they have a farmers market menu to the place. There is also martinis across the street. A bit pricey but worth the money for a nice dinner out. We also ate at barleys and the beer is great. And the Japanese steak house is ok. The valet, bell boy, housekeeping, and front desk was very nice and helpful. I will stay again for the show or any other events downtown. Lots to see and do in the area.

Room Tip: We had a room at the very end. I dont know if that made a difference or not but it was quiet and the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so glad you were able to take advantage of our location in the Arena District to make use of some of the great places Columbus has to offer, such as the North Market and Martini's! I can't wait to have you back as our valued guest the next time you are in the area.

433 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was staying here on business for 1 night, thank goodness it wasn't any longer than that. The Hyatt Regency Columbus is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel, and I always request a non-smoking room. However, when I entered my room I was overwhelmed by the smell of cigarette smoke, it was just dreadful. I was sitting at the desk and even found some ash on the desk chair. They moved me into another room after I reported the issue and the new room thankfully did not smell like an ashtray. Despite looking ok in the photos, the rooms are very dark and dreary with awful carpet, and ugly tiles on the bathroom floor. It's a very old, rundown, ugly looking building. The ceilings are very low. The heater is noisy. They've tried to spruce it up a little with some touches but it's still just not very pleasant. I'm sure there must be much nicer, more comfortable hotels in Columbus to stay in than this property for around the same price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the cigarette smoke smell you encountered upon check-in to your room as we do have a 100% non-smoking policy here at the hotel. I am glad you reported it immediately so that we were able to put you in a more comfortable room. Thank you for the constructive criticism. I hope to have another chance to be of service the next time you are in the area.
North Liberty, Iowa, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Excellent service from the time we drove up for valet parking and luggage to the room cleanliness to the temperature of our food with our breakfast room service. Very nice and well accommodated rooms.

• Stayed February 2013
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to be of service the next time you are in the downtown Columbus area!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great location, it appears to be a remodel of an older hotel but done pretty well. My bathroom was very small and the room was the most oddly shaped hotel room I've ever stayed in. The front desk staff was friendly and you get a complimentary WSJ.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for the nice review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am guessing from your comments that you stayed in one of our corner kings. Those rooms are frequently requested (despite the unique shape) for the lovely view it affords of downtown Columbus. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you as our guest again the next time you find yourself in the area.
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were there for a concert. First, we wanted to use a bell cart but they wouldn't let us have one. We had to use one of their bellmen. Parking was expensive. Internet was expensive. This place may be good for business travelers who have everything paid for by their company but not for the average leisure traveler. Too much money for a whole lotta nothing. With all that being said, the service people were nice and accommodating within their limitations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for reviewing Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the situation you encountered with our bell carts. We offer bell service as an added convenience to our guests. I am glad you enjoyed the service you received with our staff while you were our guest. I do hope to have you with us again on your next visit to the downtown Columbus area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I was there for a conference for 3 days. The staff was overall great. Could tell they were remodeling or had recently. Towels were scratchy, and should be replaced. Housekeeping wasn't perfect, I expected overall better for a Hyatt Regency. There were wrappers on the floor and I didn't like they moved my bathroom stuff around. The beds were uncomfortable and very thin blankets, it was very cold and the thermostat was difficult to operate. We were served meals and overall the food was great. Big bar on 2 was expensive but nice. Only major complaint was the last morning there was NO hot water! Our group had about 800 people and I don't know if it ran out or what, but it was definitely cold water :(. I think they are in process of being top notch, but the small things make them like your average holiday inn. Fix those and it would be to Hyatt Regency standards.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! Let me first apologize for the Housekeeping issues you related. It is not appropriate for guest belongings to be moved and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Secondly, I also want to apologize for the inconvenience of the lack of hot water. We are in the process of analyzing the situation. I invite you to contact me if you would like to further discuss aspects of your stay.
I am glad that you were happy with the meals you had in our restaurant. Our Executive Chef, Steve Johnson, takes great pride in utilizing local food stuffs.
You are correct that we are in the process of undergoing a public area renovation. I hope once that is complete you will return and give us another chance to give you a fantastic Hyatt stay.
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Let me begin by saying the uptown Hyatt in Columbus, OH is an older Hotel by a coupld decades, but it is newly renovated and looks and feels great. It is attached to the convention center and it is located right at the northern end of uptown Columbus. This junction puts it in the perfect spot for a Columbus visit. You can walk most of downtown to the capitol building, you are just a few blocks from Short North a great arts, music and restaurant district that stretches between downtown and Ohio State's district. You are also just 2 blocks from the stadium/arena district and two blocks from my favorite spot....** The North Market *** of which I'll have to give another reivew, but this is a great urban market of great international eats, variety market shops and charm. You are also a short drive or cab ride through uptown to the brewery district and German Town the only areas that are not walkable from the Hyatt. But, back to the Hyatt: the amenities are the only negative. The pool is buried in the basement and is small and very dated along with the small fitness center. But other than that, the rooms are wonderful, spacious and well decorated. Staff very friendly and it's a clean hotel that sees a lot of activity. The locatoin and connection to the convention center where there is a small mall with eats and treats makes this an A++ location to stay and I will say you should not be disapointed. Have a great visit!

Room Tip: Request a high room with a view. The hotel has a view of Short North toward OSU, of the arena distr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for such a complimentary review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! We love our location in the middle of everything Columbus has to offer. I wanted to let you know that we do some of our purchasing for the Market Stand Cafe and Big Bar on 2 menus from the North Market. It's great to have such a delicious source of local foods just around the corner! I hope to host you the next time you visit the Columbus area!

Been to Hyatt Regency Columbus? Share your experiences!