“Convenient downtown hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Vancouver, Canada
“Convenient downtown hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

This is a conveniently-located downtown hotel. The lobby is large and rather confusing, and at the time of writing it was undergoing renovations. My upgraded room was luxurious, and included a bar-style dining area, sitting area and kitchenette. Decor was understated. contemporary and fairly new. Service was good. Recommended.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you so much for the review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so happy you enjoyed your guestroom. I am also happy to hear you had a good experience with our service staff. Please come back and check us out after our public area enhancements!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a very large downtown hotel that was been recently updated. Our room was located on the 20th floor with a very large window view overlooking the city. The room was above average except the room heater air conditioning was noisy when on. The restaurant tuna was prepared just right. The check in was unusual for a large hotel in that the person was smiling and actually listening to our special requests.

Room Tip: Ask for a nice view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus, and for bringing the air conditioning unit noise level to my attention. I am glad you had a good restaurant experience and were shown proper courtesy at check-in. I do hope to have another chance to host you again the next time you come to the Columbus area!
Ohio City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was our anniversary trip, one night in a king corner room overlooking the arena district. It was so nice, the bed was not the most comfortable (kinda hard and lumpy) but the room was clean and decorated very modern with a great view. Check out isnt until noon so it was nice to sleep in have room service for breakfast and rent a movie. I recommend a deals/special movies on the pay per view which are 4.99, the newer ones are 17.99. That is crazy for a pay per view. The staff is so nice and make you feel special. When you call for room service they call you by your name and get it to your room very quickly. The food on the other hand was not so great, but it was still nice to have it in bed.
The hotel's location is great for visiting the arena district. Everything is in walking distance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so glad you enjoyed the convenience of our room service selection, but I apologize that the food was not up to par. I am also happy to hear that you made use of our movie amenity. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary with us and hope to see you again in the future!
Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was studying in Ohio State University. My parents were coming from Indonesia. It was such great hotel with great rooms. The receptionist was very nice. It was located strategically in downtown ohio. My mom and dad took picture around the state library and in Downtown.

The room was so spacious and the bed was awesome. Would definitely go back to that hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the five star review! I am so glad we were able to make you and your family comfortable while they were here. Please keep Hyatt in mind for your future travel needs. Go Buckeyes!
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

As a Columbus native, I knew where I wanted to stay during my recent trip to the Capital City. I was in town from Chicago for the OSU - Michigan game, I was very pleased with everything, from check in, to the restaurant, and everything in between. Great job!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so glad you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, and that we were able to be your host while you were back in Buckeye Country. I hope you will come visit us again the next time you are in the Columbus area!
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed over Thanksgiving weekend and our Columbus experience could not have been nicer. From the bellman to the front desk staff everyone we encountered at the hotel was professional, helpful and pleasant. I paid the extra $5 for a higher floor-(18th) had a fabulous view of downtown. Our room was very clean, had a “high tech” theme and the beds were comphy. I highly recommend the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $5 for a higher floor-the views are worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so glad you enjoyed your room on 18 and that your experience with our staff was pleasant. I hope you will again be our guest the next time to come to the Columbus area.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I love to stay in hotels, especially road race headquarter hotels. Especially hotels that provide a memorable stay that begins with the reservation, since you never have a second chance to make a first impression.

My husband participated in the Columbus, Ohio, Nationwide Children’s Hospital Half Marathon on October 21. Before we left home, we received an email with an offer to check in to our room.
At 11:00 a.m., we received a second email letting us know our room was ready: I like the communication between hotel and guest. However, if you have specific requests and check-in online, any previous room requests (e.g., high floor overlooking front of hotel) will be ignored. You will be assigned the first room that matches your bedding configuration. We accepted the room assignment.

We self-parked at the public garage on Chestnut St. for $12 per day rather than the $23 valet service. We carried our luggage one block through a safe alleyway shortcut. Jessica provided a prompt and friendly check-in. She was able to find us a room with a view of the Columbus suburbs and with our special requests. Although we had requested a refrigerator, we learned that all rooms have them. There were no microwaves, however. It is standard policy for the refrigerator to be turned ‘off’ upon arrival. I turned it on to ‘max’ but it never did get cold.

Our double queen-bedded room was spacious. I appreciated the single serve coffee maker positioned in the entryway of the room rather than taking up space on a surface in the ‘living’ area. In addition to the customary shampoo, conditioner and soap, a small tube of AquaFresh toothpaste was provided.

Lighting is important to us. The bedside lighting was soothing; the desk lamp was bright. There was one floor lamp, also. Our room had a Phillips flat screen TV; it did not have a safe. Despite a full house with many runners, we never waited long for an elevator. We learned from the valet staff, that during the busy hours from 5 p.m. to midnight, additional (service) elevators are available near the front desk. Personally, for an event like a marathon, the service elevators should be available in the morning when runners need to be at the start line by 7 a.m., a 10-minute walk from the Hyatt.

A letter was available at the front desk and distributed to each room announcing expanded hours in the restaurants and lounges. Checkout after a race is problematic for room turnaround. Hyatt attempted to solve this creatively. We received an additional letter announcing incentives for early checkout: check out of the hotel by 9 a.m.: be entered into a drawing for a Dick’s $ 150 gift card. Checkout by 10: Be entered for a $100 gift card drawing. Checkout by 11:00 - ….. Sorry. We opted to take our generous 1 p.m. checkout.

Another great reason to stay at the Hyatt is its connection by covered walkway to the Greater Columbus Convention Center, location of the Runner’s Expo. We had beautiful weather but if you were walking in rain or cold from another location, the enclosed access is a real benefit. The signage from the hotel to the Expo was exceptional.

Another positive: despite construction, the Hyatt Regency is a straight drive in from I-70.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the exceptional review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I very much enjoy reading detailed feedback about guest's stays. It is wonderful to be able to see where we have succeeded and where we have room for improvement.
I am glad you enjoyed your accommodations, room amenities and our proximity to the Expo. It is also nice to hear that you had a simple drive in and were also made aware of our secondary elevators. (Thank you for the advice on their availability and run times!)
I hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future and am glad you had a pleasant stay in Columbus.

Been to Hyatt Regency Columbus? Share your experiences!