Have stayed here before in other king corner rooms. Some are bigger than others. Room 633 is not one of them. The entry is a small hallway. Let's hope you arrive in day light hours. If not, the room is too dark to find the light switches (below the wall lights above the nightstands). You'll stumble around the corner of the king bed which takes up too much room. The odd triangular layout makes this room difficult to maneuver. There is no desk on which to work. There is a small side table but it is TOO HEAVY to move. The closet is blocked by one of the bedside tables. The drawer/refrigerator/TV cabinet takes up too much room.
Hyatt Designers - You need to rethink these odd shaped rooms. One-size furniture does not fit all. At best, this should be a single queen bed room. Redesign the desk area and reduce the dresser cabinet size. Wall mount the TV.
Asked to change rooms. Hyatt tried to accommodate but with a double queen behind the elevators. No Deal. Too noisy in a convention hotel.
Staff so far, excellent. Will be relocated to another room tomorrow.
Disclosure - long 7 hour drive, left medical equipment behind, headlight failed on car, under lots of stress.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Columbus Hotel Columbus
- Hyatt Regency Columbus Hotel
- Columbus Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Columbus
- Columbus Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Columbus Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 633 guest rooms, including 16 suites, and Hyatt business plan rooms... connected to the Greater Columbus Convention Center.. 63,000 sq ft meeting space, including 15,500 sq ft ballroom and 32 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Regency Columbus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.