“Chic New Room Decor” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Indy, IN
“Chic New Room Decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights, joining friends for the "Midwest Haunters Convention" -- a Halloween-focused event. From the valet upon arrival, to the checkin clerk, bellmen and chamber maid, every employee was professional at this property. I want to make note of being offered a king single "corner" room at check in. Since I asked for a high floor king, the clerk advised that a 19th (out of 20) floor NE corner room was available. Asking, what was the difference, she noted that "they are smaller, but you get a 270 degree view and the NE corner has our best city view". While Columbus isn't a very large city, what a delight at night time this turned out to be! The new room decor and amenities are right up there with smaller boutique hotels, while being more affordable and the luxury bedding is just heavenly. Two dings: 1)getting past the front end LodgeNet TV, and 2) the $10/day in-room Wi-Fi. Note: Free Wi-Fi is available in the Lobby & other areas.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

This is our first choice for a hotel when we come to Columbus Ohio for the annual Marcon convention. The hotel recently upgraded the rooms with a large HDTV, granite table tops, comfortable chairs, wall lighting, many mirrors and a refridgerator.

Housekeeping was responsive when I asked for additional towels.

The one thing that has been lost to this progress is the number of drawers. In our room of two double beds, we had two drawers. We had four people in our party, so only two of us had drawers to put our stuff.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Came in with a couple colleagues for a meeting the next morning. Arrived around 9 and didn't have to wait long for check-in. Jessica at the front desk was made me feel like royalty. First she gave me a renovated king on the 19th floor and then, since I was a Gold Passport member, she offered me a choice of free drink, 15% off dinner or free internet. (I went with the free internet.) This was a really nice surprise, as I'm not a power member and can't even remember the last time I stayed at a Hyatt.

Room was lovely, although I'm pretty sure it wasn't the 'city' view that Jessica had referred to. No skyline, just rooftops of the convention center and some expressways. But the room itself was very comfortable and spacious. Fabulous bed. Huge flat-screen. Nice chaise by the window. Some of the comments talk about a long wait for the elevators but I didn't experience that.

iPhone owners may want to note that the iHome iPod/iPhone dock/clock/radio gave me the message that it was not compatible with my 3GS so rather than risk it not charging I used the wall charger. There were a generous number of outlets on both nightstands, which I really appreciated.

Ate a late dinner in the cafe on 2. My server was very sweet and accommodating. Went back in the AM for the breakfast buffet, which includes an omlette station. The chef who was on that station was also very accommodating and personable and really went above and beyond. In general, the staff I encountered in the restaurant went the extra mile. The food in the restaurant has a lot of wonderful healthy and vegetarian options—and the room service menu has many of the same and for similar prices!

All in all, a very nice stay!

Room Tip: 19th floor is great! Try to get the city view.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dwumman, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Hello girlycheckin,
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay! We love to make our Gold Passport members feel welcome, and I'm glad you enjoyed the complimentary internet service while you were with us. Thank you for the heads up on the incompatibility message you received from the iHome in your room. We have used your comment to research the issue and are working to get it resolved. We appreciate your feedback. Safe and happy travels!
Pennsboro, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

We stayed 6 days/5 nights for a conference. This hotel is NOT handicapped friendly, especially the public bathrooms. There were 4 of us registered to a room and it was equipped for only 2. Had to call to get more towels, glasses, coffee, coffee cups, etc. Took more than 2 hours and another call to finally get them. Maid service never picked up used water glasses and IF they gave us more, it was only 2. Did not replenish the coffee or cups. No microwave and no ventilation in the bathroom. They charge $10/day to use the internet and $23/day for parking. It was a long week for $150/day.

Room Tip: Believe me, if I knew, I'd tell you!
Hello Nonnie035,
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Columbus. Please note that we are currently undergoing a renovation of our public area restrooms, which will expand them and create additional ADA accessibility. Thank you for the feedback on the lack of housekeeping service you experienced. We have utilized your comments in order to re-train the individual who serviced your room. Unfortunately, parking in the downtown area is at a premium which requires us to extend a parking fee to our guests. However, please note that we now offer free Wi-Fi in all of our public areas and Food & Beverage Outlets. We are always evaluating ways to better our operation. Thank you once again for the constructive feedback!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011 via mobile

The hotel is right next to the arena district on high street and close to almost all the good places to eat in Columbus. The staff if helpful and friendly with good breakfast and nice view almost the whole day.

• Stayed March 2011
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

The hotel is very convenient to the Arena District. I was in town for a concert at Nationwide Arena. Each Hyatt employee I encountered was very nice & helpful. I didn't have to wait long for an elevator. The hotel room was clean & fairly quiet. I didn't hear any hallway noise. I was able to get information about local restaurants including coupons from the concierge. I was happy with my stay.

• Stayed May 2011
Twinsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

I was lucky enough to have gotten the newly renovated rooms. They were great. The best partvwas having thennight stand next to the bed with multiple outlets.

I also want to thank our waiter in The Bar on 2 for serving us great. Zac H, remembered our drinks from the night before. This kid works 2 jobs, 16 hour days and was still charming enough to give us funny insight on the stuff going on in the bar area. I demand he gets recognized for his superior service.

• Stayed April 2011
Dwumman, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Hello hasin300!

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our newly renovated guestrooms! The addition of the outlets to the bedside stand came about from listening to the advice of guests such as yourself.

I wanted to let you know that I have personally thanked Zac for his exemplary service to you and your party. Zac is a wonderful asset to the Hyatt Regency Columbus team, and he will get recognition at our quarterly hotel meeting before all of his peers.

Please let me know if I may be of assistance to you in any future travel plans, and as always thank you for choosing Hyatt Hotels.

Tim Dant

Been to Hyatt Regency Columbus? Share your experiences!