“Location is Great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel

You added Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 East State St, Columbus, OH 43215 (Formerly Hyatt on Capitol Square)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #75 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
“Location is Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Spent Saturday night at this hotel to attend a concert. The concert was within walking distance and the hotel. The hotel was clean and well maintained. Has a Starbucks on the main floor which is convenient. Had room service that was delivered quickly and was very good. The room was very nice, bed was comfy and pillows were great. Flat screen TV with plenty of channels. Checking out went smoothly although it was extremely busy. The valet staff was courteous and prompt. Overall a very positive experience and would recommend this hotel for your stay.

Stayed April 2014
Sheraton C, Manager at Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear GaryS59,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback. I will share this feedback with our team in the entire hotel. It is so great to hear compliments about our convenient location, good service, and comfort of the guestrooms. Again, thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stays at the Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square and we hope to see you again for your next stay when attending another concert in Columbus!

Sincerely, Manager at the Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New Lenox, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here for two nights two weekends ago. The hotel is well maintained and in a good, safe area, right across the street from the State House.

Our standard double bed room was clean when we arrived and overall maintained well. I want a clean room that appears to be taken care of... if that happens, I am happy. WiFi is $10 a night, but because I had signed up for a free Sheraton rewards membership a few weeks prior at their downtown Chicago location, my WiFi was free.

For late night ventures back to the hotel, there is a small snack shop right next to the front desk that carries snacks and cold drinks (water, pop, juice). It's basic but good to have around for late night hours.

There is a nearby underground parking garage that connects to the hotel. Rates very pending the amount of hours -- I remember paying $14 a night (no in/out privileges). A glass of coke at their 2nd floor lounge was $5 something.

If I come back to Columbus, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, except that if you are interested in night live, or want to be closer to Nationwide Arena, you'd be better off getting a hotel further north in the city. This hotel is near the southern portion of downtown, so the Arena and some of the night life areas (Arena District, Short North) are a good 20 to 30 min. walk. You do have a few food options, including a Tom Horton's coffee within a five min. walking area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed Monday through Friday and had access to their Club level lounge. The rooms were very comfortable - good size, comfortable bed, nice size bathroom. The hotel was quiet. It was nice to access the lounge with free breakfast, drinks, evening h'ordeuvres and a computer. The bathroom is pretty typical with the toilet and shower being separate from the sink area however, there is no door to separate the toilet from the sink/dressing area. On the downside, the valet service is pretty slow. They do have a sign to indicate that you need to give them notice though. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear My3sonsUSA,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback. I will share this feedback with our team in the entire hotel. It is so great to hear compliments about our staff and comfort of the guestrooms. We apologize for the valet service as the traffic patterns from the valet garage to the hotel do take some extra time. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your upgraded Sheraton Club access and we hope to see you again for your next stay in Columbus!

youngstown, ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Room was very nice. Bed comfortable. Shower was ice cold. Spoke to the manager and he said he could send someone up. Was on a schedule & couldn't wait. Manager offered a free breakfast. Had no time for breakfast so he said he would give me 500 Starwood points. Bathroom was spacious and so was the room. Parking expensive, but there is a garage under the state Capitol that is cheaper

Stayed April 2014
Dear Deborah s,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. We apologize for the lack of hot water during your stay. This is not a standard and we have addressed this issue with our Engineering department. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your spacious room. Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service at the Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square and we hope to see you again for your next stay in Columbus!

Sincerely, Manager at the Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed here for a trip back to the states, it was all in a ll a very good experience with a convenient location. I had gotten an extremely good price and was very happy with everything though not amazed by it. All in all what I expected, which is not bad at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Changer360,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback. I will share this feedback with our team in the entire hotel. It is always great to hear compliments about our convenient location and great prices of the guestrooms. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your overall stay at the Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square and we hope to see you again for your next stay in Columbus!

New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was a stopover when we were driving from Chicago to the northeast. The hotel is super nice, with a Starbucks in the lounge. The room was spacious and beautiful as well. However, I cannot believe they don't have wifi in the hotel for free in this day and age. There is nothing to do in the area (in walking distance).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nadir S,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback. I will share this feedback with our team in the entire hotel. It is so great to hear compliments about our comfort of the guestrooms and Starbucks in the lobby. Again, thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your overall stay at the Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square and we hope to see you again for your next stay for another stopover in Columbus!

St Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The only negative part of this review is that I only had one night to enjoy the Sheraton Capitol Square. From the minute I stepped out of my car at Valet, upon check in, including having a glass of wine at the bar, I found the customer service beyond excellent. Victoria at the front desk was incredibly helpful with recommendations of places to eat and things to check out on my only free night in Columbus. When I got to my AMAZING room, I began to second guess whether I wanted to even leave my room that evening. It was one of the most spacious, beautiful rooms I've had in a while. The view of the Capitol and downtown Columbus was equally as spectacular. When I left for a while to check out Columbus, as I was passing by the front desk, Victoria was kind enough to ask how my room was. Again: the customer service was incredible. If I should find myself in Columbus again, I have no doubt that I will return to the Sheraton.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Capitol.