Stayed here on Memorial Day weekend. Some thoughts:
- Price. Got a great $70 price through the Sheraton website, presumably due to hotel location on a holiday weekend - and they were under construction.
- Although under renovations, we noticed very little and did not feel at all uncomfortable
- Beds very comfortable
- Employees were professional and helpful. Bartender on second level and front desk manager especially polite.
The Not So Good:
- Perhaps due to the price, receptionist had to tell us they were a 4.5* hotel in a bit of a condescending way. I inquired about the $10/day PER DEVICE charge for internet access and was told that 'as a 4.5* hotel, these fees are normal' and tolerated by 4.5* hotels as if we never stayed in one.
- 4.5* hotels don't provide plastic cups in the rooms.
- 4.5* don't usually have ice machines (you get this from room service) but if they did they would have at least one functioning machine in the hotel. After we couldn't get ice on our own we called room service and after quite a long time, a harried employee arrived saying he couldn't find a working machine and had to go to the basement (communication obviously not a strong suit).
- 4.5* house keepers don't pound on the door at 8:30 am on a day you are not departing.
- 4.5* hotels may charge $18.00 for a movie but this isn't one.
- Valet parking at $23 is average for this area but not needed. There is ample parking close by on weekends. Also a recent stay here experienced long wait times. They have a sign preparing you to wait 20 minutes. They are not exaggerating.
- The rooms were very average. Nothing to make them stand out from other 3* locations. We were in a 'renovated' room and it was new but lacked style.
- The location is good or not so good depending on what you are here for. It is downtown. You have a bit of a walk to the Arena area. Need to drive to short north or German area (or a long walk). Right next to the Capitol (good place to park)
If you get a very good relative rate, I would not hesitate to book this hotel. Our view overlooking the commons on the 16th floor was nice. EVERYTHING seemed to be closed in this area on our weekend. You need a car. It ain't the Ritz but there is little to really complain about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square is near Ohio Statehouse, OSU, German Village and the Theatre and Arena Districts. We have 16,500 sq ft of meeting/event space and on-site dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Hotel Columbus
- Hyatt Columbus
- Columbus Hyatt
- Sheraton Columbus At Capitol Square Hotel Ohio