“Simply average, but very clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel

You added Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 East State St, Columbus, OH 43215 (Formerly Hyatt on Capitol Square)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #72 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Simply average, but very clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed for one night on business. Taxi from airport to hotel is $18 fixed price by orange cab if you call ahead. Hotel does not offer free shuttle. The hotel is somewhat dated and in need of renovation. The front desk is very friendly. Rooms are very clean especially the bathrooms. The TVs are big and old - not the flat screen HDTV in most hotels today. Room is very quiet - HVAC system noise is minimal. There is coffee in the room and the size is very typical of most rooms. There is valet parking for $12. The hotel is located very central to downtown Columbus and is within walking distance to all the major office buildings. If you're looking for a quick, comfortable stay, this hotel is fine. For the price you pay, it is an average experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I checked into the Sheraton on Capitol Square last week because of its location. I had a meeting in the adjacent office tower. I had stayed there a number of times years ago when it was the Hyatt. I was pleased with the hotel, and especially with the staff. The people were very friendly and helpful. The room had recently been remodeled and was very large and comfortable. I got a great price on Sheraton.com. Based on my experience, I will definitely return if I have more business in downtown Columbus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been recently remodeled.
Webster
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

This was the first time I've been disappointed with a Sheraton property. While the staff were freindly and helpful, especially Glenda, the hotel was no value.
1) Cleanliness: Below average. There was mildew/mold around the shower and tub. Also a very poor caulking job around tub/shower.
2) No airport shuttle.
3) Worst $22 breakfast on the planet (worst $7 breakfast for that matter). The french toast tasted stale and with barely a trace of egg. $5 for coffee? I'll accept responsibility for not looking at the pricing before I ordered, but an expectation of decent quality is reasonable.

Upon my return, I will definitely look for other accomodations.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Ferndale, Mi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I was very disappointed in many areas of my stay. I know they are going through remodel but do not see that as an excuse for the poor service, room quality, etc.

When we arrived to check in we unloaded our car ourselves, pushed the luggage cart up to our room and brought it back to the lobby. When we checked in I requested a higher level was told they did not have anything higher with a single king because of the remodel but we did have a view....We had a view of a building. Water NEVER got hot, it was luke warm at best even throughout our stay at non "prime" showering times. There was a sticky substance on the drawers of the nightstand, dust on the counters of the bathroom, dust hanging from the ceiling. The way the room was set up you could not relax in bed and watch TV as a wall blocked the view unless you wanted to lay at the foot of the bed. We checked into an Italian restaurant that they had referred us to we were told an within the hour they would call that our table was ready. We are still waiting for the call that our table is ready almost 48 hours later. We asked the front desk about another restaurant about a mile away and they kept referring us back the same we had been waiting to hear from two hours after they said the table would be ready we couldn’t even get out of the staff if it was a decent area. When asked if they has a store nearby for some over the counter medication they told us about the hotel "just across the street" since theirs is not open on the weekend. Well thank you because we will be sure to stay at the "other hotel" over this one again when we visit anywhere else.

Room Tip: Another review said that the corner rooms had a window in the bathroom, ours on the 4th floor did no...
Linden, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Great clean rooms with a lot of space, and beds are very comfortable. Fitness center is open 24/7, as well as Business Center. The hotel is located within walking distance to downtown sites.

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed here a few nights at the end of December and they upgraded me as I am Platinum to the preferred floor which seemed similar to a regular room just on a higher floor near the club lounge which was nice for a quich snack and/or drink. I think there were maybe 10 other guests at the hotel during the nights I stayed. Great location to walk to downtown sites including the Arena District for a game or dinner. Parking seems fairly high and you can park next door at the underground garage for $14 a night to save some $. Again, fairly high parking for a city like Columbus, but overall good stay and nice clean room. I would recomend!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Carmel, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

room was very nice, however, $9.95 per day charge for internet, 18.50 for a cheese pizza, and $20 for parking. I will not be coming back to this hotel, based upon all the hidden charges

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel? Share your experiences!