“Amazing Staff Looking forward to staying again” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #38 of 141 hotels in Columbus
chicago
“Amazing Staff Looking forward to staying again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

This is one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. I have stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels and there staff does not compete. They were friendly and willing to help at every turn. Dinner and breakfast was a treat as the staff was helpful there and made sure when you left you left happy. The area is full of restaurants and places to go so there is no shortage of things to do. I can't say enough about this place if you find yourself in the area this is where you should stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

Our room was clean, fairly spacious and had very comfortable mattresses. Kitchen seemed well stocked if you would to cook a light meal. Not sure how often the stove tops are used since a full breakfast is served daily and dinner is served M-F. We also like the ottoman that came with the cozy side chair. The hotel is located near some restaurants and a movie theatre plus several other hotels. It sits right on the freeway and near train tracks but it was difficult to hear the train from our room even though we were in the back corner of the hotel nearest the tracks.

We had small issues with our hotel room. In the bathroom the woodwork appeared not finished and two 1-inch areas near the bathtub were exposed to the woodwork. Also the bathtub had 4 spots where the porcelain had been touched up...appeared to need replacing. The water flow in the shower was just slightly more than a drip. We also didn't like the fact that you had to go outside to the front desk and breakfast area. It was 20 degrees and snowing. We had to take our car from the back of the complex to breakfast.

Overall, we would stay here again but would hope it was warmer outside!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Bennington, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

We came in to this location after 9 p.m. and found in the morning that we seemed to be on the perimeter of a mall or shopping area. Night clerk was absolutely fantastic and had advice on the restaurant across the way (a sports bar and grill called "The Winking Lizard" which turned out to be very loud but had plenty of beer).

There was no fridge in the room, which I had requested. (Once again, I probably got in too late to this location to get "my" room.) The room was in an "L" configuration - entry, closet, sink and shower/toilet in one leg; bed and night stands in the other "L". The desk was good sized, but inconveniently placed for doing anything on the computer - right at the foot of the bed, and the surface was littered with other things - lamp, info, tv. There was a ceiling fan over the bed (hurray!). The one window had a curtain which only drew to the side, so light spilled in from that side from the well-lit parking lot outside the window. The registration/breakfast area ("The Lodge") was not connected to the rooms. Ice was on the 2nd floor. Wi-fi was very fast.

Many little problems cropped up: the room key did not work well on the entrance door (I tried 20 times and gave up; my husband was able to get it to work 1 out of 4 times). We couldn't enter the rooms by another entrance. The shower drain backed up so that my husband was standing in 2" of water. I only had to stand in 1" of water - there was no hot water after that 5 minute shower for me to shower comfortably, so I basically rinsed and got out. The thermostat must have been on a timer - it reset the temperature to 82 in the middle of the night, so we ended up sweating on a night where the outside temp was 46. The bed was great with a choice of pillows, but the sheets were percale: they were pilled and slipped off of the mattress, rather than providing a cool, crisp feel. (I hate sleeping on a bare mattress, which is what I found in the morning.) The room had connecting doors on both sides (I suppose that's why they're called "Suites", and we could hear every word of the conversations on each side of us. Unfortunately our neighbors stayed up late and got up early.

The hot breakfast the next morning was very pleasant. There were 2 hosts/hostesses and someone was bussing and cleaning tables the entire time with a kind word to each of the guests eating. The food was good - eggs, bacon, fried potatoes and French toast, plus a wide assortment of milk, yogurt, bagels, muffins and pastries.

I did bring up the problems I listed here with the day clerk; she said she would inform maintenance. The Homewood Suites says that if you're not 100% pleased that the stay is free. The clerk should have offered an apology at the least.

I think that this would be a great place to stay if the little problems I noted were addressed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Carlisle,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

The manager Greg and staff are friendly and just really great. Greg had a smile on his face it seemed like the whole time and seem guinue excited to be of help. We got lost finding the hotel and called. Greg not only gave us directions to get there, but told us that when we came in they could print us directions that got us back to the school we were in a basketball tournament in, because we had know idea how to get there. He was so helpful and really great.

The rooms were excellent! They were clean and the bedding was crispy clean and lots of pillows. It's the first time I've slept in a hotel that I slept better than I had in years. It was just like home. A Fantastic place to relax after a long day of basketball tournaments.

They had a breakfast like you wouldn't believe it was very good with a varity of thing so even the pickest eater was able to eat. We had to be at the first game by 7:30, so they even set the breakfast out a little earlier to be sure we (the team) had time to eat before leaving for the day.

The only compaint I have is the towels could be softer.

We enjoyed our stay so much that we made reservations to stay there again in a few weeks while in another tournament several miles away.

There are several places to choose from to eat and well as lots of places to shop or spend time.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

I am surprised by the number of good reviews of this hotel. Based on these reviews, my husband and I and our 5 month old stayed here for 1 night. It was an awful experience. Three big problems: first, no one mentioned that the hotel is right next to RAILROAD TRACKS. This guaranteed a sleepless night, not just for us, but for the baby as well -- and you parents out there know what it's like to deal with a frustrated baby who wants to sleep but can't. Second, the place smelled like chlorine, but we could not open the windows to let the smell out because they were bolted down. Third, the kitchen area is tiny. Not helpful if you have to deal with baby bottles. The layout in general is weird: there are two bathroom sinks, but there's barely room to turn around in the kitchen.

We also had a less than ideal check-in experience. We arrived at 5 p.m., and our room still wasn't ready. Again, those of you out there with young children know how annoying that is.

So, overall, there's no way we are ever coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

This is a great stay. The staff goes out of their way to assist with accommodation and anything else. They even got a room for my boss when I forgot to place his reservation. They offer free dinner with alcohol from 5-7 (every homewood suites does). The food is often a step above casual dining and pretty good. They'll keep the bar open a little past 7 for guests. The rooms are also great. Very clean, big, roomy, spacious. It's the staff that makes youfeel at home though.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

I stayed April 5th for one night. I was on an overnight mom's get away weekend and there were 4 in our group. We shopped at Easton Mall and although we would have liked to stay close to Easton, the rates were too high. After reading the reviews on this sight I deceided to give the Homewood Suites a try. I was hoping I wouldn't disappoint the rest of my group, but it turned out to be perfect for us. It is only an easy 15- mins or so from Easton. It is surrounded by a great choice of restarants within walking distance of the hotel. Although it is not far from the interstate, the rooms were quiet, clean and nice. We had a suite with 2 queen beds and a pull out queen,full refrig. microwave, diswasher! We got a great AAA rate of $90.00 although I believe we got an upgrade, because of cancellations. The staff was very nice, and the breakfast the next morning consisted of hot foods,such as eggs/ sausage(which you could make a breakfast sandwich and biscuits and sausage ,various pastries, juices , fruit, and great coffee. Very nice! I would definately make plans to stay here again.

• Liked — great value
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington? Share your experiences!