“Poor customer service from General Manager” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   115 Hutchinson Avenue, Columbus, OH 43235   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #43 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Libertyville, Illinois
“Poor customer service from General Manager”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

In March 2014, my vehicle, a 2008 Acura RDX, was damaged in a deep, uneven drainhole in the parking lot. I have left a voicemail message for the General Manager, sent him an email and left a copy of the estimate I obtained from the local Acura dealer before returning to Illinois. Because I did not know if the noise my car was making made the vehicle unsafe, I took it to several automechanic facilities. Bottom line, no matter what the outcome is of this matter, a return phone call is not too much to expect. The lack of response is very discourteous, unprofessional and disrespectful and this lack of customer service would not be tolerated by my employer. I was willing to overlook the fact that the location was very noisy if my car had not been damaged.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify that you do not want a room near the emergency escape or at the end of the cor...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Drew H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
During the course of this harsh winter two of our parking lot sewer drains became unsafe after blacktop had eroded away from the sewer grate. We placed orange construstion cones and caution tape around these drains. The repairs to these drains could not be performed until the asphalt companies open up in mid-April. Unfortunately you did not see these and ran over the cones dragging one with you until another motorist told you about it, thus damaging your car.. In response to your comment, I needed ample time to contact our insurance carrier and advise them of the situation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed here for business in March 2014. The check in process was good but the only rooms available were along the highway. This location was extremely noisy and interupted my sleep all night long. There were several families with small children that appeared to be living here, and you could here children playing and crying throughout the hallways. Not for Business Travelers at all.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us. May I suggest that the next time you are in the Columbus arae and want to stay with us that you request a room located on the courtyard side. Also, we are an extended stay hotel and many of are guests do have families. The other side to your comment was that it was also Spring Break time for students, thus more families were at our location than there normally would be. Thank you once again for your comments. We look forwrd to the opportunity of exceeding your expectations on your next visit to the Columbus area.
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel was great, it made my travel for business a pleasure! Room was huge and spotless. The food served for evening dinner and breakfast made all other hotels' continental breakfasts pale in comparison. My only complaint about this hotel is that I was rooming on the freeway/train track side of the building, and the noise woke me up a few times throughout the night. If I had had a sound machine with me it probably wouldn't have been an issue.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your comments regarding our breakfast / dinner reception. Unfortunately, you are correct. Our hotel is located off the I-270 Interstate and the rooms facing the highway can be disrupted by rush hour traffic, etc. I would suggest on your next stay to please request a room on the courtyard side and we will do everything possible to honor that request. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Columbus area.
Columbus, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I found this a well organized and maintained facility with friendly service. The location is very good, but road construction activities in the adjacent US-23 is slowing down traffic a bit during peak hours. There is plenty of choice for restaurants within 5 minutes from this hotel. Proximity to major highways makes this hotel ideal for business trips.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Drew H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for recent stay at our Homewood Suites by Hilton. I am truly happy to know our location was your preferred choice . In addition, I am very glad to know that our staff provided excellent service and exceeded your expectations! It is wonderful to know that our hard work and dedication is recognized, and I will share your wonderful feedback to each department. Your high recommendation is kindly appreciated as well!
Parma, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was a great place to stay. Room was perfect, check in easy. Enjoyed the room and the space we had. We are planning on taking our son and family again for a trip to visit the OSU campus and will book rooms at this property. Homewood Suites are the places we like to stay when traveling for a single night or multiple nights--we like the home feeling and the convenience of a kitchen. There were many many fine restaurants in the area so it was nice to bring desert back to the hotel and enjoy it with a fresh cup of coffee.

Room Tip: any room here would be good.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
I want to thank you for taking your valuable time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am very proud of my staff and it is nice to see that they get recognized. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs the next time you are in the Columbus area.
Crossville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed here on trip from TN to Cleveland area. Hotel was very nice, good location, with plenty of restaurants close by. We used honor points, so can't comment on price. Breakfast was very nice. We stayed on Friday so didn't participate in managers welcome

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Drew H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to feature us on Trip Advisor. I personally want to thank you for your kind comments and I hope you choose our hotel on your next visit to the Columbus area. Once again, thank you.
North Branch, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is a great place to stay! The rooms are nice and the breakfast goes above and beyond for a motel/hotel. Very comfortable and safe place for families with young children! The Winking Lizard across the street is a good place to eat also.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington? Share your experiences!