“Nice Place with Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   115 Hutchinson Avenue, Columbus, OH 43235   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #44 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, United States
“Nice Place with Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Had a great experience at the Homewood Suites in Worthington OH. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. This location is ideal for business travelers and very close to many restaurants. It does not have an indoor pool which in my opinion does not make it ideal for families with children. The room was clean and had a fireplace. Very nice!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Drew H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
I am pleased to know that your stay with us was a good one. We do our best to have all of our guests say that.We work very hard to make sure that our guests feel at home and want to come back.. Thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The check in was painless, breakfast was fantastic, even had bacon! Kitchen was very clean, coffee pot and popcorn. Fireplace had a starter log that lasted 4 hours - very nice! Room and bathroom was super clean - we loved it! We are reserving two more dates already!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for recent stay at our Homewood Suites by Hilton. I am truly happy to know our location was your preferred choice . In addition, I am very glad to know that our staff provided excellent service and exceeded your expectations! It is wonderful to know that our hard work and dedication is recognized, and I will share your wonderful feedback to each department. Your high recommendation is kindly appreciated as well!

Thank you once again for your kind words and taking the time to complete this review. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Columbus!
Harrisburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The hotel was comfortable. Nearby amenities include several restaurants within walking distance. Be aware this hotel is not connected for inclement weather! The staff was very nice and the suites were very nice.

Mason, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I had zero problems here. My only "issue" was getting in and out of the area the hotel is located in. The hotel , staff and rooms were fine but it was difficult to get to the main road. But there are numerous other hotels in the area with the same issue. This is not a reflection on the hotel - it is simply a location / access issue. FYI - I am a business traveler and spent +50 nights a year in hotels.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Zach N, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your most recent experience at our hotel with us. Yes it can be a bit confusing getting out of the Crosswoods area. I will be sharing this review with the rest of the team and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Columbus!

Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Rarely do I ask for a late checkout, and apparently the housekeeping staff at this property isn't accustomed to abiding the "Do Not Disturb" Sign. Simple mistake, but she even acknowledged we had put out the sign, but wanted to know what time we were leaving. Lack of communication with front desk? Upon checkin, we had to ask for linens to be sent up for the pullout bed, even though our reservation was clear. And don't settle for anything on the south end of the property unless you're conducting a noise study on the nearby interstate. The door jam evidenced someone had forced their way in at one point. Normally, Homewood Suites are known for their quality and comfort, but too many little things made for a somewhat underwhelming stay.

Room Tip: If you want ANY sleep, ask for something farthest away from the interstate (on the north end of the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me via email at zach.norris@hilton.com I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Toledo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have been saying at this property whenever I travel to Columbus; which happens a few times a year. Never a problem. Friendly courteous staff, clean rooms, easy access to many great bars and restaurants in the immediate area.

Alway,

Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've generally been a fan of Hilton properties and the Homewood Suites are usually decent hotels offering a full service kitchen and breakfast/dinner. In early January I checked into this Homewood with the same expectation, but soon learned that I should not have stayed there. First, the set-up of the hotel is annoying. You pull up to the main building where you check in, but then you must drive around to a different building to get to your room. I wish I would have known this earlier because I brought along my bag and other things as I checked in on that very cold day. So, once I got checked in I took things back out to the car and then drove all the way around past a few clubhouse type buildings and finally found where my entrance was. Lucky for me my room was on the first floor because guess what…there is no elevator!! Only stairs available and don't expect a bell hop to be waiting there to assist with luggage. I finally got into my room which was very dated for a hilton property. The kitchen was ok, but the remainder of the room just looked old. Even the bed looked like it wasn't made properly and someone had slept in it.

The next morning I was looking forward to a great breakfast which Homewoods usually have. Not the case here! Dry packets of oatmeal and no fresh cut fruit. The only decent item was a muffin that was just baked. I always look forward to the fresh oatmeal and toppings at a Homewood. Dinner wasn't much better. You will always have a salad available, but for vegetarians don't expect anything. The one night was pasta with chicken, but with no option without chicken and I was told they do not make that.

The next day I woke up to a wet carpet by my door. Turns out there was a flood early that morning and being on the first floor the water had seeped through. What a mess! Water was shut off and I had to gather my things to take to another hotel just to shower and then return to another disappointing breakfast. I ended up getting to work very late. Then once I returned, my keys would not work (it was never left near a phone or any electronic device). The real problem with this is, you have to enter 2 doors, first to enter the building and then to enter the room. This is fine, but the key would work for one or the other and to fix it, guess what…you must drive back to the main building front desk to get it re-activated! Myself and at least 1 other guest at the front desk had this issue multiple times.

The whole layout and set-up of this hotel is irritating with the separation of buildings! Usually you can take the elevator down and grab a cup of coffee, take care of any business at the front desk, or head to breakfast…but here you really have to plan it all out. This is tough when its 0 degrees out to keep going back and forth. The rooms are also very dimly lit adding to the old decor and set up of the place. I would avoid staying here unless I have no other options.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, the first floor may be best since there is no elevator. However, if a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Zach N, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration. Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington? Share your experiences!