“Good on site restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Advance Purchase
Ranked #47 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
ventura
“Good on site restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The hotel is self was good, clean, and in a convenient location. The room was slightly dark with only one small window, but I didn't spend too much time there so no big deal. The internet worked great and I had no problems streaming movies.

I did eat in the hotel bar and the food was excellent as was the price. The bartender was friendly. There are also a few restaurants within walking distance.

Overall very happy with my stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for your review and I am very pleased that you had such a great experience. Please come back soon, we are in the process of adding some new menu items I would love for you too experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Belpre, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I normally stay in Marriotts, because their quality and consistency are important to me. I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel room here, because I didn't know what to expect. Bathroom amenities were lovely; bed was comfy (altho those tiny "scatter" pillows are NOT adequate for sleeping and too many people are allergic to down). Room was, overall, quite nice! I attended a two-day conference, and I hope to not have to do that again here. Hallways in meeting/registraion areas were tiny, tight and crowded, and rooms could NOT be temp-controlled. We were either roasting or freezing -- no in-between. Overall, a great place to stay. Just not a great place to meet.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Lisa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I am glad you enjoyed our rooms. If you would prefer foam pillows on a future visit please just let us know and we would be delighted to swap them out.
alliance, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The accomdations were excellent and the food outstanding. We especially appreciated the light snack in the afternoon ( strawberries, water, cookies) just enough and not overdone. The staff is very friendly. Habitat has used thos DoubleTree many times and I look forward to coming again in November.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

And we look forward to seeing you all again later this year as well. We appreciate your business and we appreciate the great work your organization does for our communities.
Middletown, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The Doubletree Inn Columbus Ohio - Worthington was not my first choice of accommodations, but due to few vacancies elsewhere, we chose it. I'm not sure whether there is construction going on in the "lobby, registration area", but the desk was barren, with little to no "decor" at all. Our room was very sad in appearance. The lampshade on the lamp between beds had multiple holes poked in it, and one seam was completely split open. When I tried to turn on the floor lamp, the lightbulb and socket fell down and hung under the lampshade. The sheets were three shades of gray - ugh - and the pillows felt as though they were filled with many plastic grocery bags. The bathroom had no towel bars, just the bare board under the vanity to put your towels on. Cross this hotel off my list, even though the cookies upon arrival were very good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback. While our décor is somewhat minimalist by design, I understand that it does not fit everyone’s taste. I appreciate the heads up on the lamps and have had them addressed.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed here for a conference and the hotel was great. Very friendly staff and comfortable room. It's oddly laid out, but has everything you would need for a business trip, small conference or even a family getaway. There is pool and a small fitness room. I'm normally not a fan of suburban hotels. While there is convenient shopping and restaurants, there are no sidewalks for outdoor running. However, the hotel recommended High Banks Metro Park for a run. It's a few minutes north of the hotel (by car) but the scenery was fantastic with forest, meadows, river & cliffs and 2000 year old Indian mounds. It turn an evening run into a mini-vacation!

Dear Mike,
I’m glad you enjoyed the hotel and the staff. Sounds like the park was a big hit and I’m very pleased my staff made the recommendation. Come back when you can.
Brook Park, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

When I called to make a reservation, I asked over and over again if there were any other forms I needed to turn in for Tax Exemption, because I had needed a specific form the last time I stayed in Columbus at a different hotel, and I was told "no, just the State of Ohio Tax Exempt form. I asked at lease 4 or 5 times if they were sure I did not need another form and was assured that I did not need anything else and was told the exact amount my company needed to write the check for. When I went to check out, they not only had charged my personal credit card for the full amount (even though I gave them the company check upon check-in....which was not noted on my check-out form), but they had also charged my personal credit card the $20.80 for taxes. I was told at that time that there was another form that needed to be turned in and had to wait until my company faxed the form. I had to wait in the lobby another hour because the person at the front desk could not speak English very well and was not able to express to my company which form they needed to send. When I made the reservation, I made it through this specific hotel, not a general reservation desk that would not know which forms were needed. This HOTEL mistake not only cost me my time and aggravation, but now, 4 days later, there is still a hold on my bank account for almost $300.00 that they have not released yet. Very frustrating and not very helpful at all.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Debbie Z, I am sorry that you have had to waste any of your time on this, we certainly have an obligation to give accurate and complete information when someone such as yourself takes their time to ask for our assistance. I can also understand why you might have questions, the Tax Exemption Rules are confusing and I hope you don’t mind me providing a quick review to help other travelers who are reading your review. Columbus has two taxes…a State Sales tax and a City Occupancy Tax often called a Bed Tax. Many organizations are exempt from the Sales Tax and demonstrate their exemption on a State form. A much smaller number of organizations are also exempt from the Bed Tax, which is a different form. Since your organization qualifies for both exemptions, we should have provided this explanation at the time you called and I am sorry our answer was incomplete. I have been told by my staff that both forms are now in place and the payments have been properly applied. If this is not the case, please contact me at the hotel and I will follow-up immediately. Thank you for staying with us.
Columbus, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I love the staff at the Doubletree. They are always friendly and helpful. Haley Rocks and will go above and beyond to take care of you. The whole staff is that way. Our room was clean, quiet and had plenty of towels. We went to the pool and there were plenty of towels and chairs. The bed was comfortable and the room decorated nicely. We would stay again. Thank you Doubletree!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Clean and Quiet with a Rock'n staff...I will let everyone know you enjoyed your stay because of them. It's only 175 days until your Half-Birthday, I hope we see you again then.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington? Share your experiences!