“Waste of time and money” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Family Fun Package
Ranked #51 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Waste of time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

In this day and age with most hotels offering complimentary breakfast and free Wi-Fi, this one doesn't offer either. Also, the location is right next to a busy/noisy highway. Definitely not the place if you'd prefer a proper nights rest.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. DoubleTree offers a wide variety of rate options in the hope of meeting the needs of all travelers. There are many guests who enjoy a hearty breakfast buffet and opt for one of our plans that includes breakfast…these can be a great value, especially if you have two or more guests in the room. Others are more interested in the bottom line price, after all, why pay a rate that includes breakfast if you are not a breakfast eater. I see you booked through Hotwire which can offer some very attractive rates, but may not offer the same breadth of options that can be found on Hilton.Com.

At this location we waive the internet fee for members of Hhonors…if you are not already a member consider joining on your next visit, there is no cost and many benefits. You can learn more on the Hhonors website. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Madison, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed two nights, got a great rate of $51 a night from Hotwire and paid with Paypal. The problem was when the next month's credit card bill came, the hotel had put a $162 charge on the credit card left for incidental charges. They said the housekeeper found evidence of smoking in a non-smoking room. We absolutely did not smoke in the room, but the hotel would not resind the accusation. The bank who issued the credit card said this was the third case of that type of fraud in the past two weeks.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
As a 100% non-smoking building, we do charge $150 cleaning fee when there is evidence that a guest room has been smoked in. This represents about ½ of what it costs to clean the room and ensure it is smoke free for the next guest and the charge is clearly posted in each room. Most smoking guests choose to go outside and we very rarely need to impose this fee so I am surprised that your bank made the claim they did, but I can tell you they are mistaken.
Upper Sandusky, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

The price for the room was fair, but that's where fair ends. Where most hotels are giving free breakfast, Doubletree will charge you $13.99. Free wifi, only if you are in the lobby, not in your room unless you want to pay over $7/ day. Not much bang for your buck unless you like giving your money away.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Tim G. I’m pleased that you found the rate fair. May I suggest that the next time you are traveling with your family you may find the Bed and Breakfast Promotional rate appealing? For an additional $10 you can add Breakfast for two adults and two children which is about a $50 cost if paid separately! Thank you for the feedback and for being our guest.
Cleveland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I had reserved two roll-away beds and was told that they would be in my room upon check-in. Not only were the roll-aways not there as promised, I was told that they were all previously given out and none were available. I had arrived at approx. 4:15 pm, with the earliest check-in being at 4:00 pm. I do not know how all the roll-aways could have possibly been given out in 15 minutes. Never mind the fact that I had RESERVED them when making my reservation. After talking with management, I was told that what was called "reserved" was really only "requested." Doubletree's policy is apparently that I could only "request" the roll-aways in advance and that they would be subject to availablity upon check-in. And again, I checked in within 15 minutes. This is a VERY poor, in fact inane, policy -- how can I make plans for a family outing if I won't know until when I arrive whether my room accommodations will be appropriate?? Very frustrated and won't stay at Doubletree or Hilton again.

Michael C,

I am sorry we caused you frustration, that is certainly not the emotion we want to generate when guests such as yourself choose our hotel. Unfortunately there is no mechanism for reserving roll-aways in advance and they are assigned (for a small fee) on a first-come-first-served basis. As you indicated, it is unlikely that all of ours were spoken for in the short span of 15 minutes but we welcome arriving guests throughout the day and will check them in upon arrival, as long as a clean room is available. This was clearly a critical component of your stay and I apologize that there is not a better system, but please call me on your next trip so we can come up with a way to best accommodate you.
Epworth, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

There customer service was top notch. Overall the experience was excellent. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. I would have hoped for maybe them to be a little bigger. The stairs were not very easy to find, as the they do seem to have an issue with their elevators. We stayed 2 nights on a sold out weekend and they have 3 elevators and by morning there was only 1 running. It is a very clean hotel and the customer service makes up for any small issue. Breakfast buffet was very good and filling.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nicole H, I’m glad you had a great experience. I will review the signage on the floors and see if there is anything we can do to make the directions more clear, I appreciate the suggestion.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

After checking in I went to my room, when I saw that it was right beside an exit door I went immediately back to the front desk and asked to be moved but was told the hotel was at capacity. That exit door banged shut at all hours of the night. Sleep was impossible. In addition to the noise the room also smelled and was one of, if not the, smallest hotel room I have ever been in. This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I am returning to Columbus next month for four days and will stay at the Sheraton next door.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear TPlace, I apologize that the room we selected was not the best for you. We find that travelers with pets generally prefer being on the ground floor near the exits and selected your room accordingly. I will reiterate to my staff that we need to avoid making such generalizations and do a better job tailoring the accommodations to individual preferences. Thank you.
Cambridge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The hotel staff was very professional, the lobby was quite impressive with the scent of cleanliness in the air. Though I didn't get to experience all of the ammenities of the hotel, everything looked quite impressive. Other than not having a refridgerator in the room, everything was perfect. The beds, and especially the pillows, were amazing. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Tiffany, I'm glad everything was excellent for your stay. I like your suggestion about the refrigerators and microwaves and I am working on adding them to the rooms later this year. Thank you for being our guest and for the feedback.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington? Share your experiences!