“Excellent hotel and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   175 Hutchinson Avenue, Columbus, OH 43235   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #54 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Surat, India
“Excellent hotel and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have been to National Board of Boilers and Pressure vessels for a course. I would never regret my decision to stay at Doubletree by Hilton though there were other hotels suggested by the National Board. Breakfast was excellent, front desk staff was very helpful. Andra, Front Desk Manager meticulously took care of all the transfers and daily trips to National Board. Bed is very comfortable and rooms have all the basic requirements. The Gym has all the required equipment for daily workout. I did not use the pool though. There are many good restaurants in walking distance. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to all visiting Columbus area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your review. It is true there are hotels closer to the National Board Training Center, but our complimentary transportation closes the gap and as you noted, there are many more diversions in this neighborhood than the other. I will share your praise with Andra, she will be pleased, as am I. Come back when you need your recertification, or just to relax.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cincinnati, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Double Tree Worthington is consistently comfortable. I ate dinner at the hotel this time and found they had a decent wine selection and a great menu. There is construction going on the area, so I could hear it from my room overnight. Also, there was an issue with the hot water and I ended up taking a cold shower.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
I'm glad you had a chance to dine with us this trip, and that you enjoyed the meal. We did have a brief hot water issue that morning which we addressed quickly, but not quickly enough to avoid inconveniencing you and for that I want to apologize. Please look me up on your next visit so I can say so in person. Thank you.
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My fiancée and I traveled for an interview she scheduled with a firm in the area. We used HHonors points to book our stay. The Worthington DoubleTree ensured our first visit to Ohio and her interview both went well.

Pros:
•Clean rooms, corridors, lobby, and recreational areas
•Nice pool/spa area and adjacent gym space (pool remained warm despite 50° temperature swing overnight)
•Helpful and courteous staff
•Location: Worthington is a nice place, and the hotel is located adjacent to several restaurants
•Delicious breakfast buffet (came free as an HHonors guest)
•Starbucks coffee

Cons:
•Slow elevators
•Lack of refrigerator in room (a stretch, but a perplexing omission)

I would certainly recommend Worthington and the Worthington DoubleTree to anyone visiting the Columbus area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review. We are looking at adding refrigerators in all the rooms later this year so perhaps they will be in place for your relocation stay. Central Ohio is a great place to live as well as a great place to visit. Good luck regarding the job and your upcoming nuptials.
Dayton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that rates hotels by their hospitality. Excellent customer service at the front desk. When we requested room service excellent response time and follow up. I really enjoyed by stay at this Doubletree!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you, I am pleased you found the service and hospitality excellent. Come back when you can, we look forward to serving you again.
Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Location is Excellent for Business travelers with lots of great food options within walking distance. Rooms and Service are excellent. I stay here everytime I am in Columbus. It is convenient to all areas of Columbus in a short time and the Worthingotn / Polaris provides lots of entertainment and shopping options. The in-house breakfast is tops on the list adn the full-service bar nice as well.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
You had me at 'Excellent'! I am very pleased that we are able to take good care of you when you are in Columbus and we all look forward to welcoming you back.
Fairborn, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been staying at the DoubleTree hotel for the past few years for this conference and every time has been exceptional. The staff is always friendly and helpful and the rooms are great. The lunches too have always been good whether it is vegetarian or includes meat.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for the kind words, I will share your praise with my entire team. We always enjoy having your group with us and look forward to the next event.
Claysville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I'm already a fan of the DoubleTree franchise and the Columbus location did not disappoint. It was clean and the staff was friendly. We had our kids with us so the pool and hot tub was a bonus for them. It is located extremely close to several restaurants, shopping and even a cinema. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

And we will look forward to having you back. Our central location and nearby amenities are a definite plus for many travelers including families and I'm pleased it worked out so well for you.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington? Share your experiences!