“Gave us a room even though reservation was lost” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   175 Hutchinson Avenue, Columbus, OH 43235   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #54 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Whitehouse, United States
“Gave us a room even though reservation was lost”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay, convenient to I 270, route 23 and shopping and restaurants. We have stayed there quite a few times and find it quiet, well decorated, and comfortable. It is usually a LONG walk from the desk and parking to your room, so you need to be up for the trek. They had our reservation which was made through Hilton 5 months earlier for a very low rate as "cancelled" which we did not cancel and it was after midnight on a football Saturday. We did not cancel our reservation and the hotel said they did not do it, so maybe Hilton did? They honored our reservation and low rate after 15 minutes or so of discussion. We appreciated that, but are a bit afraid to reserve through Hilton again. We had hard copy receipt for our reservation, which they honored.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing us and for your patience while we worked through the reservation. I have not been able to determine how the reservations was cancelled, but I can assure you that this was a unusual situation and I am very glad we were able to make it right. I hope we see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
columbus, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I come here at least once a year for a business conference. I always look forward to my stay because I love the atmosphere. Rooms are very clean and comfy. Food is delicious! Shopping is close by, so if you do forget something or just want pleasure shopping, its minutes away. Another happy customer!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I'm glad you found us clean and comfortable...those are pretty important! Delicious food also matters and I'm delighted you had time to enjoy ours. Please come back before next year...maybe for holiday shopping at the nearby Polaris Fashion Place…we enjoy having you.
Kalamazoo, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I rated this hotel "Very Good" because I think it is above average. The exterior is a bit tired; however, the interior is beautiful. The room was clean and comfortable. I thought the breakfast arrangement was a bit confusing - the complimentary breakfast slip should have stated that the breakfast was a buffet and the guest should be given instructions. I was not sure if I could order from a menu or help myself to the buffet. Do I seat myself, will they know I’m here, is this self-serve etc. I flagged down a waiter to ask him the protocol.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
I’m glad you found the hotel clean and comfortable and you enjoyed your stay. I will work on the communication regarding breakfast, we put a lot of effort into having a great buffet and we want it to be readily accessible. Thank you.
Worthington, OH, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My stay at the Worthington Doubletree was exactly what you would expect from a Doubletree. Nice courteous staff at check in. Warm chocolate cookie. Clean and quiet room. Quick and well prepared room service. A good place to hold corporate events (something I have done twice). The surrounding area has multiple choices for dining if you if you don't want to stay in. Definitely would recommend to anyone traveling to Columbus.+++

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Michael S...for your kind words and for being our guest...twice. I will be sure to share your compliment about the courteous staff with the team. I hope we see you again soon.
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel was clean, affordable and quiet. The staff is courteous without being too "over the top." There is ample parking with multiple entrances so the long trek for the packmule with the suitcases is minimized. The Worthington area is a great option when you are wanting to experience the overall community and not just the downtown core. Historic buildings abound in Worthington and shopping is close at hand (Polaris Mall area) Access to downtown is quick. The access route to the hotel can get slightly hidden by road construction signs at present.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
I’m delighted you took the time to ‘Discover Columbus”, our central location does make it easy to get everywhere. There’s so much to see and do you may have to come back and continue your exploration!
cleveland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Columbus, Ohio.. The rooms were great the hotel is really nice but the accommodations could have been better for disabled people. You have to pay $10 for a microwave to be placed in your room, it should be free of charge or somewhere in the lobby or kitchen area for access.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the suggestion…we are looking into adding a microwave to the sundry shop when we renovate. I’m glad you otherwise enjoyed your stay.
Gaithersburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Enjoyed our stay - the cookies were warm; we were upgraded to a suite for just a little more money and although next to an elevator, it was turned off at night (although I did wake up to what sounded like a running bathtub, and then realized that the elevator was running again).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I’m glad you enjoyed the suite and the cookies…I hope we see you again soon.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington? Share your experiences!