If you're staying here in the summer on a weekend, consider requesting to be put on the south side of this hotel, away from High St. and Nationwide Blvd. Was here on a Friday night. A great bar 1-1/2 blocks away (Frog, Bear and Wild Boar) cranks its music on the patio in warm months, and you could hear the beat, quite discernibly, until it closed at 2 AM. After that, was awoken thrice to loud sirens, ostensibly out to handle fights/accidents, whatever, occuring after hours in the bar district just west of this hotel.
Now, I realize there is nothing the hotel can do about this, but be forewarned that it can get pretty loud down here...and I was ten floors up!
The next night was better as it poured--just flat out poured!!!--all night long (to quote Travis Bickle from 'Taxi Driver,' "cleaning up the scum of the city..."), which made for a much quieter environment.
The hotel is okay. I'd have rather stayed across the street at the Hyatt, but it had been booked. Location is super for night life (obviously) and convenient to anywhere in Columbus.
I echo the sentiments of an earlier review about it being creepy watching your self-elimination process in the mirror on the back of the bathroom door. Disgusting...
And on a final note, it was amazing how Columbus, Ohio, had so much going on on a September weekend: at least three conventions; a kidsfest at the hockey arena; a Killers concert; and a home OSU game. I think it speaks volumes to the job Columbus' leaders have done that on an OSU weekend, you could be dropped off downtown and had a tough time even telling there was a game, due to the influx of visitors in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to our stunning, newly renovated hotel. The brand new breathtaking guest rooms and meeting space are brimming with all the hip and modern appointments you've come to enjoy. Conveniently located in the Arena District, the Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown is attached to Nationwide Insurance and directly across the street from and attached to the Columbus Convention Center. This upscale downtown Columbus hotel is within walking distance of the North Market and fashionable Short North Neighborhood all packed with unique shopping, dining and nightlife. Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets and host to live performances year-round, is just 2 blocks away and is bordered by cobblestone streets lined with trendy restaurants and cafes. Our Lifestyle Hotel now includes new items like a game room for the kids, a state of the art business center, coffee bar and enjoy our tapas and wine menus at our Boulevard Bar. Enjoy live music or Broadway shows at the Palace or Ohio Theaters. Take in a live concert at the LC Pavilion or sit back and enjoy a movie at the Arena Grand Theatre. We are close to other Columbus destinations including the Museum of Art, COSI, Historic German Village, Victorian Village and The Ohio State University. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown provides a perfect setting for successful business meetings, memorable social gatherings, and exquisite wedding receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown Ohio