Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown has many things going for it. Located near the arena and the insurance offices were not the reason we stayed there, but for a wedding /reception not too far away. We walked comfortably to Barleys Restaurant and the North Market in the Short North area with good sidewalks and traffic lights.
We stayed on the 10th floor in a large room with a pull out sofa which easily slept one adult while the king bed was very plush and roomy for two. The room faced the blvd, but remained quiet with comfortable room temperature individually controlled.
The outside areas were lovely too. Behind the hotel was a sitting area with a fountain and nicely landscaped grounds although among buildings. Also, near the cafe you could go outside to sit.
I would have rated this hotel 5* had there been some kind of breakfast included although you can go right next door to Max & Erma's for the buffet. Also, the stiff payment of $21 per day for valet parking adds up along with paying for internet use if you are staying there for leisure rather than business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to our stunning, newly renovated hotel. The brand new breathtaking guest rooms and meeting space are brimming with all the hip and modern appointments you've come to enjoy. Conveniently located in the Arena District, the Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown is attached to Nationwide Insurance and directly across the street from and attached to the Columbus Convention Center. This upscale downtown Columbus hotel is within walking distance of the North Market and fashionable Short North Neighborhood all packed with unique shopping, dining and nightlife. Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets and host to live performances year-round, is just 2 blocks away and is bordered by cobblestone streets lined with trendy restaurants and cafes. Our Lifestyle Hotel now includes new items like a game room for the kids, a state of the art business center, coffee bar and enjoy our tapas and wine menus at our Boulevard Bar. Enjoy live music or Broadway shows at the Palace or Ohio Theaters. Take in a live concert at the LC Pavilion or sit back and enjoy a movie at the Arena Grand Theatre. We are close to other Columbus destinations including the Museum of Art, COSI, Historic German Village, Victorian Village and The Ohio State University. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown provides a perfect setting for successful business meetings, memorable social gatherings, and exquisite wedding receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown Ohio