My husband's dream came true - he finally got Ohio State tickets and with his birthday the same week, I decided to make a real EVENT out of it.
The Crown Plaza offers a BUCKEYE package --not a bad deal (Requires a 2 night stay, but includes "free" valet parking free, daily breakfast at Max and Erma's right next door (Breakfast buffet was all that was ever offered to us, but it was good and fast) 2 movie tickets, and a $25.00 dinner certificate with several decent nearby selections to choose from). My only real complaint is to make it extra special I upgraded to the Concierge level -- that was a mistake .. there is NO access to the Concierge lounge Friday - Sunday night and I paid an extra $20 a night for very little. Wish I would have known, but the description in the package offer promoted the Concierge lounge and we were mislead on that. (The front desk did tell me when I inquired that I got higher ceilings and a quiter floor --tell that to the drunken group who screamed in the hallway most of Friday night and the band that THUMPED THUMPED THUMPBED until 2:00 a.m. But Saturday night WAS quiet).
There is a "FREE:" shuttle that goes in a 3 mile radius of the hotel, but it is NOT offered for the games.. so heads up. There was a hotel shuttle service that charged $5.00 a head and that worked out GREAT to get there, but when we were ready to come back after the game -- it was no where to be found. HOWEVER, a taxi back was $15.00 so grab another couple waiting for their ride and just take a taxi -faster and the same price.
For Dinner we went to Ted's Montana Grill and I would not recommend it. Boston's Pizza was next door and was very busy, so that might be the place to try and the $25.00 dinner certificate worked there as well.
DO NOT MISS the NORTH MARKET. Within walking distance of the hotel and Friday night we went and picked up our dinner and had a picnic in our room. OH MY GOSH.. Fabulous food -- better than anything we've had in a long time. Holy Smokes BBQ brisket, Mozart's bakery (napoleon, petit fours and cappachino AWESOME), Curds & Whey for a cheese sampler (yum!) and the wine store (Grapes of Mirth) quick chilled an EXCELLENT wine for me based on my preferences. Would love to go back simply to shop more at the market. http://www.northmarket.com/
Would we stay there again? -- hard to say. There are alot of great hotels on 'the 270 loop', but it was certainly fun to do downtown Columbus once. We walked to the State House and the Arena district does offer some fun things to do -- North Market was a real treat.
The Crown Plaza was nice and the valet / front desk were very helpful. Easy taxi/shuttle access to OSU stadium all together everything worked well together for a very nice weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to our stunning, newly renovated hotel. The brand new breathtaking guest rooms and meeting space are brimming with all the hip and modern appointments you've come to enjoy. Conveniently located in the Arena District, the Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown is attached to Nationwide Insurance and directly across the street from and attached to the Columbus Convention Center. This upscale downtown Columbus hotel is within walking distance of the North Market and fashionable Short North Neighborhood all packed with unique shopping, dining and nightlife. Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets and host to live performances year-round, is just 2 blocks away and is bordered by cobblestone streets lined with trendy restaurants and cafes. Our Lifestyle Hotel now includes new items like a game room for the kids, a state of the art business center, coffee bar and enjoy our tapas and wine menus at our Boulevard Bar. Enjoy live music or Broadway shows at the Palace or Ohio Theaters. Take in a live concert at the LC Pavilion or sit back and enjoy a movie at the Arena Grand Theatre. We are close to other Columbus destinations including the Museum of Art, COSI, Historic German Village, Victorian Village and The Ohio State University. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown provides a perfect setting for successful business meetings, memorable social gatherings, and exquisite wedding receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown Ohio