“A real surprise for a convention hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #41 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Califon
“A real surprise for a convention hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Rooms here were large and very clean. Housekeeping was thorough and my hat is off to the Housekeeping supervisor, Maria who went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant after working very long hours in the convention center. Every employee we encountered was pleasant and exhibited a strong service mentality. That is what we should expect in a hotel, but maybe it is shocking to me because I am from NJ.

Room Tip: If you are on the front of the building, you face the convention center. At night there is no need t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear vinoginoCalifon_NJ,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus, Ohio. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the great service. Thank you for mentioning Maria, she is a great worker and we are lucky to have her.

Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

In town for USA Fencing Nationals, I booked here for the second year in a row. The desk staff is very helpful and friendly. Rooms are large and very clean. Housekeeping even added extra coffee for the in-room coffee maker, at my request.
The hotel is across the street from the Convention Center and next to a stop on the free C-bus that runs from the North Arts District to German Village

Stayed July 2014
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Fencin,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for the USA Fencing Nationals! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and liked the Cbus Circulator! We hope to see you again next year.

Pottstown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We were in town for a convention and had no complaints about our accommodations. The room was clean, comfortable and had everything one needs including a refrigerator . We did not need the pricey valet service but did not know this until the end of our trip. They parked our car in the public parking lot and charged us double. We were able to walk to everything. The convention center was across the street. Restaurants were also next door or a short walk. Staff was not overly friendly but they were helpful when needed. We were given wrong information about the C bus running on the 4th of July . Oh ! the C bus is awesome and is another reason you would not need to move your car once it was parked.
Yes, I am a bit bugged about the valet service. Oh kudos to one person. I left something in the car and he walked me to the car and back so I could get it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Arlene M,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for the recent convention in Columbus. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and liked the Cbus Circulator! Thank you for in the information in this review.

Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stay at the Crown Plaza for a fencing tournament at the convention centre. It was a good stay! The convention centre was right across the street and was about a 10 min. walk to the hall we fenced in.
Showers were great, front desk were helpful & shuttle was a great bonus in getting groceries!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sallesguin,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again next year!

Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I’m in Columbus at least once a year for a convention and business and have stayed at the Crowne Plaza before. It’s across the street from the convention center so you’re just a short stroll away from the exhibit hall as well as all the bars and restaurants on High street and the arena district. It’s tough to beat its location and the price is typically a bit more reasonable that the Hyatt that’s attached to the convention center.
It’s a very well run, professional hotel, the staff was very accommodating. I needed to call a few times to make some last minute changes/requests for the room and they people I spoke to at the hotel were really helpful. The staff at check-in was supper efficient and had me on my way to my room in just a few moments. We were there for a few days so I had the chance to interact with them again as well as the staff from the club lounge and they were always very accommodating.
The room and all the common areas were in great condition and well maintained and we found everything clean and tidy. The fixtures and furnishings in the rooms had a contemporary feel and everything seemed to be in great shape. The only detraction was that the halls and some of the common areas, especially the carpets felt a bit dated. It looks like it’s been a while since their last refresh and I don’t remember any major changes in all the years I’ve been going there.
I think the fact that it is primarily a convention hotel comes into play here. It’s probably got very consistent bookings and doesn’t need to rely on frequent updates. Don’t get me wrong, everything was really in great shape and we will almost certainly be back here again next year. If you’re in town for a convention or a sporting event this is probably the place for you.

Room Tip: I've slept on a number of floors and have never had any issues with noise from the traffic.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear DanHanLan,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus. I am happy to hear that the hotel is well run and the staff is accommodating. Thank you for the information in this review.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Nice, convenient downtown location. Very close to the Nationwide Arena and Huntington Park, home of the MiBL team, the Columbus Clippers. A lot of restaurants are nearby. Valet parking is available. While there is no restaurant on the premises, there is a restaurant next door.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Jadams1016,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus. We hope to see you again soon.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We used the Crowne Plaza hotel for our wedding block - our venue was The Bluestone. We had a lot of hotels to choose from for our wedding block, and we originally picked Crowne Plaza because they were the only hotel in that area to offer a private shuttle service. We wanted our guests to be able to take a shuttle from the hotel to the wedding, and back to the hotel (without having long wait times, or other stops along the way). We were able to rent a shuttle for our guests for the length of our wedding, which worked perfectly. Safety first!

In addition to that service, we worked closely with Chad Eberly. He helped us ensure our welcome bags were given to guests on their check-in. Plus, he kept me updated on how many rooms were booked in our block, so I could remind guests to book/meet the deadline. He also worked with me to find a room that would work for me and my bridesmaids Friday night, and be special enough for my husband and I the next night. He actually put us in The Lofts, which are connected to the Crowne. The exposed brick, vaulted ceiling, industrial-style bathroom... everything was amazing, and completely "our taste." We loved it.

Chad was great to work with, kept us updated on how valeting, room block, shuttle service times, etc. would work. I highly recommend this hotel!

PS: Max and Erma's in the hotel was a great place to invite all the guests to come for brunch the morning after!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Courtney T,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your trip to Columbus. We appreciate all of the feedback and information in your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown

Been to Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!