“Excellent staff and location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #49 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
North Lima
“Excellent staff and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel staff were all so friendly and nice. Rohn took great care of us and Scott was so accommodating at the Valet station. My mom hurt her foot the night before we got there so we were not able to walk in the morning just down the road but Scott was more than happy to shuttle us even though it wasn't far!! The room was large and clean. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Kim J,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus! I am so happy to hear that we took care of all of your needs. I have forwarded this message onto our entire staff, including Rohn and Scott. Thanks again for the kind words.

Dirk Bengel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Amherst, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My neighbor and I brought our daughters to town for a concert and were very pleased with the room. It was clean and large enough for the 4 of us. When choosing a hotel for our stay, we wanted to make sure that we had an indoor pool so the girls could swim. What a disappointment! The pool is located in the basement with block walls and no outside light. It is basically a lap pool. The pictures of the pool are sooooo misleading. In fact, I really don't think it should be listed as an amenity at all. The girls were the only ones using the pool and only stayed for a few minutes. They said that it was very, very cold and the room was too depressing to stay in there. The site also lists a game room with arcade. The room we saw was adjacent to the pool in the basement and only had 5 or 6 arcade games. The rest of the hotel was really great and the staff was friendly. I wish the site had been more informative so that we could have made a better decision for our children. They were a couple of bored teenagers in the room watching TV instead of enjoying the pool. I highly recommend the hotel for adults, but would never recommend the hotel if you are hoping for a great indoor pool as we were. We felt like we were duped.

Room Tip: Nice lobby, nice sized room, great location, pool is a joke.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Michelle H.

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus. I am glad to hear that the room was large and clean, and that the staff was friendly. We are planning on renovating the arcade and pool area within the next year. Thank you for such an informative review.

chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

When I returned home from a 2 day stay at Crowne Plaza (I waas there for a convention), I discovered a blue cleaning rag at the BOTTOM of my suitcase (under my clothes)! yes, that felt very violating! I notified the hotel staff who forwarded my call to the Head of Housekeeping. I also sent an email to the hotel. While nothing appeared to be missing, I let them know how unhappy I was. I RECIEVED NO COMMUNICATION from the hotel manager or anyone....2 weeks later I called again and nothing! that's really poort communication in my book!
as an FYI -- I always zip my suitacase closed before I leave my room. this was really disturbing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear LindaKChicago,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for OFA. I deeply apologize for the lack of communication regarding this issue. It is my understanding that Colin Doty, our Director of Rooms spoke with you today regarding the housekeeping issue. We are treating this as a learning experience, and I hope that all issues have been resolved. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if you have any more questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and for your review.

Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a bit pricey for our tastes, but it was easy to get in and out of, and was right next to the convention center where we needed to be.

We were there over the 4th of July, and it was nice to be within walking distance of food and entertainment. The staff were all professional and friendly. The rooms were decorated in a nice modern theme and very clean.

• Stayed July 2013
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Kieran,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus. I am happy to hear that the staff was professional and friendly, and that the room was modern and clean. Please visit us again soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just stayed 4 nights. It is ok but lacks a bit. Friendly staff and great location to convention center. Overall is good but just not top of the list. Housekeeping is marginal and restaurant is Max and Erma's which is not very good. Stayed on executive floor and had a nice fellow in the morning service the club room. Friendly driver for local area. Will stay here again but only because of location to convention center.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Mobileworldtraveler,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus! I am happy to hear that the staff was friendly and that you enjoyed the location of the hotel. I will pass your kind words on to the staff. Thank you for the review.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Fire alarm went off because of the shower, took 4 phone calls to get it turned off.

Internet was horrible, slow and not really usable. They know there's a problem with it but haven;t seemed to do anything about it.

Room was decent, price was good. Very convenient to the Convention Center.Within walking distance of good restaurants.

Front desk staff were friendly and helpful and check in was quick.

Room Tip: stay away from the end rooms, internet won't work,
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Siam-Orchids,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to the United States! I am glad to hear that the front desk was friendly and helpful. I apologize about your smoke alarm going off. I spoke with Karolyn at the front desk and she explained that she called up to your room as soon as she was notified that your smoke alarm was going off, and that the issue was handled as soon as possible. We have been getting recent feedback that our internet is slow and are checking into ways to fix the matter. Thank you for review. The information you provided is very important and helpful to us.

Derry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were in town for the Fencing Nationals and chose the Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown quite by change. We ere thrilled with our accommodations, and the staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful (every person, every shift). The access to the convention center was great (and we had a lot of violent weather so this was particularly helpful). The city, too, was a pleasant surprise - a delightful area!! Could not have been more pleased. Many thanks!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Nancy,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza while you were in Columbus for the Fencing Nationals. I am so happy to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful. Columbus is a great city that we are very proud of. Please visit us again soon.

Dirk Bengel

Been to Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!