I stayed at this hotel for one night us August.
I have photos to prove the following that I can happily provide and will upload in due course.
On arriving at the hotel I went up to my room to find dirt in the sink, a bathroom with wallpaper falling off the walls, a horrible bubbling ceiling and visible dust in the corners of the room.
In addition, on going to make a coffee with the coffee machine, the machine was baked in dust and dirt (needless to say I went to buy myself a coffee at this point).
The floor on the bed side appeared to have not been cleaned for weeks and the dirt on the outlet when I went to plug in my phone was simply sickening. Truly nasty!
Breakfast included means you go across to a restaurant who wanted to charge me for a speciality coffee. The price for breakfast in the restaurant is also typically less than the price the hotel charge you.
Less important to me but also relevant was the fact that on hotels.com it said the room had a 'downtown view'. Unfortunately for those who would have liked a downtown view, you'll actually get a view of the parking lot next door!
I have since phoned the hotel to provide them with my feedback and all I got was a 'thank you very much for letting us know'!
I was generally disappointed with my stay at a hotel that cost in excess of $200 a night!
I gave you a chance to respond in person and wouldn't have written this review if a sufficient response was provided over the phone.
I stay in hotels regularly (and rarely have issues) so this was a truly upsetting resolution!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to our stunning, newly renovated hotel. The brand new breathtaking guest rooms and meeting space are brimming with all the hip and modern appointments you've come to enjoy. Conveniently located in the Arena District, the Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown is attached to Nationwide Insurance and directly across the street from and attached to the Columbus Convention Center. This upscale downtown Columbus hotel is within walking distance of the North Market and fashionable Short North Neighborhood all packed with unique shopping, dining and nightlife. Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets and host to live performances year-round, is just 2 blocks away and is bordered by cobblestone streets lined with trendy restaurants and cafes. Our Lifestyle Hotel now includes new items like a game room for the kids, a state of the art business center, coffee bar and enjoy our tapas and wine menus at our Boulevard Bar. Enjoy live music or Broadway shows at the Palace or Ohio Theaters. Take in a live concert at the LC Pavilion or sit back and enjoy a movie at the Arena Grand Theatre. We are close to other Columbus destinations including the Museum of Art, COSI, Historic German Village, Victorian Village and The Ohio State University. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown provides a perfect setting for successful business meetings, memorable social gatherings, and exquisite wedding receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown Ohio