“Good experience.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Littleton, Colorado
“Good experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Room was comfortable and clean. Service was good, staff friendly, and free Wi-Fi. Hotel was within walking distance of downtown. Wake up call received as requested. Would stay there again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your time here at the Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown. We look forward to being your host when your travels bring you back to Colubus.

Dirk Bengel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Grandview, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I worked with Erin & Kelsey in the sales office to provide a room block for my wedding at the Crowne Plaza and they could not have been more friendly and easy to work with. I met with Erin on multiple occasions and she was always willing to give me a tour or discuss whatever questions or concerns I had. The week of the wedding the front desk and valet staff really went above and beyond for my guests and we so helpful. Specifically Jeremy in valet-- he greeted us time and time again and always made sure our needs were met. For the night before the wedding and our wedding night I had booked a king suite and parlor so I would have room for my bridesmaids and I to get ready. We couldn't have asked for a better room or view! We had a blast. This hotel is in the perfect downtown location and has a great after party bar that our guests enjoyed on multiple occasions. I would highly recommend this hotel when traveling to Columbus!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

The room was clean and luxurious, the location was fairly central, and everyone was ridiculously friendly and helpful. Because it was a business trip, I had occasion to try the room service and everything I tried was delicious. Obviously pre-fab food, but done well. The steak and chicken entrees I had were actually still juicy and delicious. Probably gained some weight.

My one quibble was that you really have to turn the A/C way down in order to get the room to be less than arctic, but that's pretty minor.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Aurora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

After reading some reviews here, I was very nervous about spending two nights at the Crowne Plaza. The only reason we booked here was for a volleyball tournament at the convention center.

First - check-in was swift - with a polite and helpful desk staff and equally polite valets for parking.

The room:
The room was spacious and clean. The ONLY issue we had was that only three sets of towels were in the room, although we had four people. It took two calls to housekeeping to get more towels, and then they only gave us more bath-sized towels (no hand towels or wash clothes).

Other than that one minor issue, our stay was great.

The hotel amenities:
*WiFi was free (if you opted to connect to Max and Erma's - not the hotel button)
*Quiet most of the time
*Clean hotel
*great bar area and bartender
*Smooth checkout
*Max and Erma's was decently priced for breakfast
*No concierge, but the desk staff was able to provide referral cards and helpful advice on area restaurants. We ate at the "Happy Greek," which sounds like they're the "opposite" of the "Mad Greek" in Cleveland Heights. By the way, "Mad" for that restaurant means "Crazy," not angry.
*Location is excellent. Short walk to short North area, connected to the convention center.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The hotel has a nice downtown location. The place is OK in general. I didn't know the king room I ordered didn't come with a bathtub. It had a shower only.

The hotel provides a shuttle service with 3 miles radius. I had daily business at a building at Ohio State Univ. (1735 Neil ave, MBI building). I talked to the front desk and was told the address was " out of the range". Then I checked the google map, it's only 2.5 miles away. The next day I told to shuttle service people and was able to get there by the shuttle. The bottom line is that you have to know your place before you go. The front desk people know the location of the place I wanted to go but gave the wrong instruction.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear crossroadstn,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I'm glad you liked our location. Please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations regarding the shuttle service. Please rest assured that this matter will be looked into. We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Columbus.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chillicothe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My husband and I checked in at 3am after a long day, we booked at his govt. rate but had forgotten his ID at home. They argued with my husband about our rate, called security because my husband said he had never had this problem before (he wasn't cursing or being threatening). They the security guard asked him what for of govt he worked for. My husband after 30 mins finally gets the keys...we finally after and almost an hour we finally get to our room. My husband calls the desk and asks for a 8am wake up call. We wake up at 9:45a on our own...no wake up call. Then a week later they charge our credit card an additional $80 since he didn't have his ID. This hotel was nice...but not worth $200 a night. Which is what we ended up paying. Not happy with them at all. Contacted customer service to log a complaint last Friday...it's the next Friday and I still have had no response. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear DMGM,
I do apologize for the way that this matter was handled. If you would be so kind to email me a copy of your husbands government ID I would be happy to make the adjustment to the rate.

Dirk Bengel
Dbengel@columbushospitality.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed here to attend a national wrestling meet at the arena across the street. Perfectly located for access to the arena. Max and Ermas is right across from the hotel, had a very nice waiter that took care of us. Only downside is parking and the entrance to the hotel. It's a tight fit, and if the hotel is slightly busy, the parking/valet is chaotic. Rooms were clean and nice, but don't count on a nice view. Our view was the air conditioning units for the entire hotel. Front desk staff were friendly and accomadating.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!