“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extend a Suites Columbus Ohio

You added Extend a Suites Columbus Ohio to your Saves list
Extend a Suites Columbus Ohio
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   887 Morse Road, Columbus, OH 43229 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn Columbus)   |
Ranked #123 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel for 3 weeks now. The service is amazing. Amazing friendly staff. Clean Environment. Help me with all my needs. Offered room service everyday. and was prompt on accommodating

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
OAK PARK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I traveled 3 hours, checked in, unloaded our bags and left to work. Came back to the room late at night to find there were NO towels in the room and mold "black" in the tub. (i took pics). We went to the front desk and was told that they were out of towels so I asked why they allowed me to check in if they could not service us properly. The unconcerned lady told me the office is closed and the manager is gone for the day. I had to go to work 4 hours later and had no time to look for other lodging and assumed they'd at least put towels in my room before i returned. I tried several times to call during the day with NO Answer. then again we returned near midnight. The room was not serviced AT ALL AND STILL NO TOWELS! I went back to the front desk and was told the same as before. After cursing this same woman out I grabbed my bags and looked for another hotel in the middle of the night. Oh. and the carpet had a faint stink of urine. Only reason I booked this room is because they had a full fridge that i needed for the food i needed to store. Save your money even if it is cheap its NOT WORTH THE FILTH AND DISRESPECT THESE PEOPLE SHOW.

Room Tip: Red Roof on Dublin Grandville, Columbus OH. was the room I checked into. VERY clean, up to date. Gre...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Milltown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

The hotel served it's purpose for my friends and I who were in town for the 2011 Arnold Sports Festival. We needed a place to shower and sleep, but didn't spend a significant amount of time in the room. Thankfully so!! It wasn't the cleanest place I've ever stayed, but we didn't see bugs or anything like some other reviewers had. I didn't have high expectations considering it was a Howard Johnson and all. The internet in the room did not work, so we all used our mobile phones when we needed to do something on the web. The 2nd day of our stay, the light went out in the elevator and the management put a sign on the elevator door to let guests know that the elevator was working, but the lights were not. We opted to use the stairs (which were outdoors) even though it was pouring rain all weekend. Also, there was coffee in the lobby the day we arrived. The 2nd day I went downstairs at 9:30am and the regular coffee pot was missing. The front desk person told me I could have decaf (not acceptible for a coffee lover, so I waited until later in the day when I could have a cup of real coffee). We stayed in room 330 and we noticed that some of the other rooms nearby had been bolted locked from the outside. That alone is a little creepy and would have made me uncomfortable if I was traveling and staying there alone. All in all though, it could have been alot worse.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Where to begin? The hotel didn't have working wifi as advertised, yet wouldn't refund my advance payment upon my arrival. So, this being a work-heavy trip, and as I didn't have an iPhone yet, I was reduced to bundling up and driving across the street to another hotel's parking lot, so that I could send and receive emails every morning! The room itself was bleak, the heating was dodgy (good thing too, since winters in Ohio are so mild and balmy) and the neighborhood was legitimately frightening.
The capper was that they later refused to comp any portion of my miserable stay, despite the false promise of wifi, instead unbelievably offering me a free future night's stay. I replied, of course: Never. Ever.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

I am from Finland and I was traveling to the States for business when I found this hotel by the highway. First of all, I have been all over the USA and this particular hotel is an exception to the many I have stayed in for its complete and utter disregard for human well-being. When I first arrived by taxi from the airport I was immediately approached by a woman who was looking for a 10-minute lover or a hit of crack, whichever the case, I promptly walked inside to a disenchanted and extremely rude clerk who acted like I was the biggest problem of her total existence. So of course, she made me wait nearly 20 minutes as she got together all of the proper paperwork and key together and thus I was on my way to the worst and most rechid stinkbomb shathole of my life.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
Conway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

We stayed in this hotel since another family we traveled with had to take their dog along at the last minute and animals are allowed here. I make it a rule not to stay at hotels that accept animals, but I agreed. When we first went to check in (at "the check-in window").. there was a sign saying the desk clerk would return in 5 minutes. After 10 minutes of waiting, another hotel guest used their key card to enter the breakfast lobby and let us in to the main area where we were able to "call" for the employee... he emerged to check us in. The family with the dog got a bottom floor outside entry... we got a third floor inside hallway entry room.. which i normally prefer. As soon as we entered the hallway.. the stench of cat urine overwhelmed us! How disgusting! The room inside did not smell as long as the door was shut immediately. The bed was ok but the pillows were flat and completely useless! The one upside to this hotel was the breakfast was decent which included a waffle maker and fresh fruit and coffee.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
stow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

My husband and I came down to Columbus for the weekend for a military function. We decided to do it cheap the 1st night and stayed at the HOJO. Ok our room was 122 and it was absolutely DISGUSTING! There were ants crawling in the bathtub, a spiderweb over the lamp, the bed had hairs in it, there was a spider crawling across the ceiling, the bed was stained, the room smelled AWFUL, the tub was yellow, there were hairs in the bathroom sink, the office chair was stained, the carpets were dirty, and the wallpaper was coming off. WE IMMEDIATELY HAD OUR MONEY REFUNDED AND GOT OUT OF THERE. We have stayed in some bad hotels but this was def the worst! O and it was in a bad neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business