“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Delphos, United States
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Everything was very nice in this hotel. The evening welcome with drinks and snacks was wonderful. We had about 15 volleyball parents there and had plenty of room to gather. The breakfast was the best! Great variety and very tasty. My only complaint was the water in the shower did not get hot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Naples,FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Great location and wonderful amenities - the service was some of the best we've ever experienced -- recommend it highly. Even though the hotel seemed to be full, with a number of events being held the weekend we were there, the staff was very attentive.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Excellent rooms with a friendly staff. Good room service and excellent breakfast. 5 minutes from Easton and Polaris shopping. Zoo close by. Easy access to everything. Wifi available throughout hotel with good signal strength.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Wellington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Very comfortable hotel for families. Our large room had a separate living room area and there were 2 TVs in the room which was nice for the kids and adults. Can't beat the price for all the amenities you get. The complimentary breakfast served in the beautiful atrium was fabulous!

West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel a few years ago, and had a great experience. Finally came back and now have plans to be in Columbus several times a year. It was a no-brainer that we would stay at this Embassy Suites.

I'll go ahead and get the cons out of the way:

1. The beds are extremely uncomfortable. When we were newlyweds, we bought a cheap $99 mattress set on Black Friday because it was what we could afford at the time. I'd swear the double beds were the same horrible mattress we bought many years ago. The mattress set the bar so low that I didn't mind so much the following night when I slept on the pull out sofa bed.

2. The Interstate side is incredibly bad with road noise to the point sleep is impossible. In this hotel, I was told there are NO rooms on the non-interstate side with two beds. The front desk did allow us to at least move to a side room and that made the noise level slightly better.

3. The pool was disgusting. The water was so murky that you could only see to a depth of about a foot. I was swimming among a sea of body hair, and the water stunk of Body odor. I complained the first night and was assured it would be serviced by morning. Came down in the morning and it looked the same. And again, the same that evening as well. Again I complained and a staff member did come and "test" the water. The test was performed at poolside in extremely dim light and I know there is no way an accurate test was performed. Either way, we were assured that the levels of chemical were adequate. That evening, the water was still so murky that I stepped on a child who was swimming along the bottom of the pool. I literally could not see the kid! Needless to say, our children did not get in that water so as to not deal with horrible ear infections once we got home.
4. A mild complaint, but the breakfast and manager's reception have most definitely been scaled back from the normal expectation at an embassy suites.

Now for the good:
1. Staff was attentive and at least tried to address our concerns.
2. The room was clean upon check-in.
3. The staff provided an easter egg hunt on Saturday for all the kids.
4. There were large noisy groups in the atrium near 11pm and I was worried we'd be kept up all night, but when I got back from an errand at 11:30 the atrium was empty and super quiet.

Overall I simply cannot recommend this hotel anymore and will not be staying here on our return visits throughout the year. The horrible beds, the road noise, and the worst hotel pool I've ever experienced wipe this hotel completely off of our list.

Room Tip: You must get a King room in order to be on the side opposite of the interstate
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. We apologize that the comfort of your guest room was not what you expected as we know how important a good night's sleep is when you are traveling. We will also make sure our security team is aware of any noise issues since we expect all guests to be courteous of each other during their stay. Additionally, we will follow up on the pool conditions to ensure it is clean and convenient for our guests. Thanks again for your valuable feedback.

Don Gantt

Brighton, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because we were in town for the Nike soccer tournament. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The water pressure was horrible (it was light a drizzle which made it difficult to shower), the elevators broke, one time my 16yr son was in it when it broke, the breakfast left a lot to be desired, the items offered (besides omelets made to order) were bad, not enough of an offering, and lastly, as a Hilton honor member, don't get a room on the side of the freeway. We were in room 814, so that entire side of the hotel should be off limits to anyone who wants to stay there, unless you would like to stay up all night and listen to traffic on the freeway.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel , and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. I wanted to apologize for your experience with our elevators, however this was out of our control and I believe we responded appropriately. I was on duty during your stay and I did not receive anything but praise from the other members of your group in regards to the outstanding service and the satisfaction in their overall stay. With that said your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Since you prepaid your reservation unfortunately it is non-refundable, however I would be more than happy to issue you a gift certificate for a return stay in the future. Please contact me if you wish to pursue this option. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Don Gantt

newark, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

when I said my concern he got defensive and blamed other, also the lobby was very congested with many groups, many kids running around, rooms were not read so people stood around in lobby with the bag carts, I had a problem with the consistancy of a discount, said his manager made an error so how was that his fault...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus? Share your experiences!