“They purchased a new crib for my child!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Polaris Shopping Package
Ranked #43 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
St Louis, United States
“They purchased a new crib for my child!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

When we arrived, we asked for a crib. The hotel brought us a portable crib, which was in disrepair. I requested a new one. The hotel called our room to notify us that all of their other cribs were in use, but that their driver was driving to the nearest store to purchase a new crib for our use. We had a safe place for our baby to sleep soon after. This hotel staff was very responsive and definitely placed the safety and comfort of our family as a priority!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive! We know you have many options when you travel, and so we are glad you were able to experience our Embassy Suites hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Waterville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have not experienced any major problems. The rooms are large and clean. The breakfast is wonderful. The staff is friendly and helpful. The parking lot is well lit and secure. I have not used the pool or fitness center. I would recommend this hotel and stay again in the futuer.

Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was the second time I had stayed at this property for work. I was reluctant to come back because of the noise level at this property and a co-worker had new jeans go missing from his room but was very close to the office. I should have listened to my instincts because my $500.00 ring went missing from my hotel room. This was a gift from my husband and was very special to me. I did not leave my ring out it was tucked away in a travel case, this means someone went through me things. I reported it to management and they told me nothing had gone missing before which was untrue. I moved to new hotel and filed police report but will most likely never see the ring again. I hope no one has to go through what went through, I felt my privacy had been violated. I will never stay with a hilton property again. My company has also removed them from our travel site.

Room Tip: most rooms are noisy
Green Features: I do not know how enviromentally friendly they are
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology if your ring went missing while staying with us. We want you to know that we have taken this very seriously and are taking all the necessary steps to thoroughly investigate this incident. Our customers’ personal property is always respected and I sincerely apologize if this caused you any inconvenience. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Rayland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Check-in was a breeze and the staff was incredibly friendly. The pool was fabulous but the hot-tub was too hot for my husband to even enter. The room was beautiful and met my expectations. Up until the morning, it was a good trip....then I went to breakfast. We were turned away because we didn't have our shoes on our feet and then after we put shoes on, the pancake lady told us to go sit down because her line was getting backed up (we were in line for omelets waiting our turn.) Highly rude breakfast workers (except the omelet guy). Clearly, they did NOT want to be there on Thanksgiving morning. I will continue to book Embassy Suites but not this one.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from our hotel. I am so sorry that you felt our staff was rude towards you but we do require all guest to wear shoes in public spaces. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guests to experience an exceptional stay with us and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will take your comments into consideration.

Troy, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel was a convenient place to stay for an overnight to visit our student at Denison University in Granville, about 25 minutes away. It was convenient also to take advantage of a quick sightseeing trip to downtown Columbus. The hotel has a huge center atrium, which means noise travels and echoes all the way from the first floor. You could hear some noise from the atrium in the living room of our 8th floor suite. It was fine during sleeping hours (we were there on a weeknight), but early in the morning I could hear dishes clattering from the breakfast area, and voices carried. Again, nothing that kept us awake.... Small problem with the bathroom door not sitting on hinges correctly, and reported it to front desk when we checked out. Good experience overall -- staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your favorable review on Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with my staff. The team here at the Embassy Columbus, Ohio thanks you for your loyalty and commitment to our hotel and to the Embassy Brand. Thanks again and have a great day!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Great Customer Service in all areas of this hotel. The staff of very accommodating to all our needs. The were friendly, professional, and made sure we were taken care of while there. The breakfast of made to order and they even opened a little early to help us out. We will stay at this location anytime we travel to Columbus, Ohio, again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your favorable review on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide exceptional service to our guests and I am happy to hear that we did just that during your stay. I hope that you will stay with us again if you have the opportunity in the future. Thank you again for your kind words. Have a great day.
Parkersburg, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We booked this hotel for a one night stay in Columbus for a shopping trip and movie premiere. We booked here specifically because we noticed you could check in under the age of 21. I won't turn 21 until July so I knew we needed a place that would allow us to stay. We booked this room and paid fully in advance so everything would be taken care of until we found out otherwise upon arrival. They would not allow us to check in due to us being underage even though we paid in full and accepted all terms and conditions. We tried to explain this to the staff and also that we didn't find anywhere on the site explaining the age restriction (obviously we wouldn't have booked through this hotel if this info was available). Even the two employees couldn't find anywhere on the site that listed this information. After quite a while, a manager appeared and showed us a piece of paper that listed this "restriction" that he had just created and explained that we couldn't check in. So although it was completely ridiculous we decided to just accept that and get on the phone immediately to find another hotel to stay at. The manager so kindly informed us that not only could we not check in, but we weren't being refunded our money either so basically they got a free $150 and an empty room to rent for the night while we were out of luck. I was very disappointed with this experience because we've been planning this trip for months now and saving all of the money we could to afford it and then get treated this poorly. I'm not sure if it's because we were "kids" or because we weren't wealthy businessmen but either way we will most definitely never book with embassy suites ever again and neither will anyone in our friends and family circle. Horrible experience.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive. The feedback our guests provide is extremely important to us as we strive to improve our service levels every day. Based on your comments, we did not live up to your expectations during your last stay, and for that I apologize. I will be sharing your comments with our entire staff in an effort to improve the items that you pointed out.

Don Gantt

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus? Share your experiences!