“october stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Beavercreek, United States
“october stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

WE enjoyed our stay at the hotel, including the pool, manager's reception and continental btrakfast. we also used the internet and found it easy to connect to it. I would recommend this hotel to friends and would continue using this hotel when we are in Columbus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your favorable review on Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with my staff. The team here at the Embassy Columbus, Ohio thanks you for your loyalty and commitment to our hotel and to the Embassy Brand. Thanks again and have a great day!

Don Gantt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Avon, Ohio
1,311 helpful votes 1,311 helpful votes
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

When I checking into the hotel with my family, the staff was very friendly and helpful but we were originally assigned a room near the elevator, and knowing the center atrium of an Embassy Suites Hotel tends to get loud, I asked that we be moved which the staff cheerfully accommodated. The room was tucked into what we thought was quite corner but it overlooked the outside pool with an extremely noisy group till closing at 10 pm; however, this was no real problem as we were up until well after closing. In the morning when we got up, I called the front desk to double check the breakfast hours. A couple minutes later, the front desk called back and asked who I was as they showed the room unoccupied; when I told them, I was told they had us in a different room but no problem, they would update their records. Apparently, they lost track of us when we were given a new room at check in. We then went to breakfast which was great except that the made to order omelets were scorched from cooking eggs to hot; they were also scorched the second morning by a different chef but not quite as bad. We left and came back in the early afternoon and noticed our room was not clean so we mentioned it to the front desk and gave them our room number and we were told that room was unoccupied; apparently, we were still lost in their system. The room was cleaned but I found that a prescription inhaler was left behind (none of us use one). At this point these many minor irritations started to take their toll but the checkout is what really disappointed us. We got our bill and everything was in order so we got in line to checkout. There was only one person working checkout and they were having difficulty with the person in front. After waiting quite some time, with the line growing behind me, I looked around, seeing no help on the way and needing to get on the road for the long drive back, I waited for a pause, excused myself and asked if I could leave my key and go as everything was ok and the checkout person rudely snapped that he was “helping someone and I should get back in line and wait my turn”. Now I have stayed at many hotels and have had similar situations and I usually get a friendly “yes that is no problem”. So, I continued waiting in line while it continued to grow, no one coming to help. Finally, I got my turn and asked if I could just leave the key as the bill was fine; the answer was yes. I pointed that was what I was trying to ask earlier and did not mean to interrupt and the checkout person started in again so I simply walked out, looking back to see others in line shaking their head, with no plans to ever return to this hotel.

Room Tip: With the center atrium, most rooms can be noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you sincerely for your review of the Embassy Suites Columbus on Trip advisor. We were very disappointed that we were unable to deliver the outstanding service that most of our guest enjoy while visiting our hotel. I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. I have spoken to the employees involved with this incident and I am positive that this situation will not be repeated. The employees at our hotel pride themselves in not only meeting guest expectations but exceeding them and unfortunately this clearly did not happen in this situation. If we did not receive valuable input from the concerned guest such as yourself we would not be able to use your experience as a very valuable training tool. Thank you again for your invaluable feedback.

Yardley, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

As a frequent business traveler to Columbus and a Hilton loyalist, I have stayed at many Hilton family properties in the Columbus area. This is my new favorite. The value you get for the room rate is high. It is convenient to the Easton area as well as New Albany and northeast Columbus. Minor caveat - it is hidden in an office park so slightly hard to find.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your favorable review on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide exceptional service to our guests and I am happy to hear that we did just that during your stay. I hope that you will stay with us again if you have the opportunity in the future. Thank you again for your kind words. Have a great day!

shelby twp mi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

clean hotel, friendly staff, great breakfast, rooms, clean, neat and comfortable. stayed with a large group of 30+ rooms and the entire staff was friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was great, room for everyone. Staff was friendly and helpful to 60 parents of soccer kids!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive! We know you have many options when you travel, and so we are glad you were able to experience our Embassy Suites hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Independence, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Hotel is convenient to shops yet in a quiet, safe area. Staff is friendly and accommodating. I've stayed 5 times in the last year and would definitely stay again. The Atrium Grille is a great place to eat in or have a meal delivered to your room. The complimentary breakfast is the best one I've encountered in the Midwest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Brownstown, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I booked 22 rooms for our soccer tournament. I was impressed from my first contact W/Cindy Anderson the event coordinator. She went above and beyond accommodating our team needs. She had the kitchen open at 6:15 (instead of 7) to make sure all our players ate before their 7 am games (without having to ask). After spending all day on the soccer fields we all enjoyed the evening reception in the lounge 2-hours of free drinks beer, wine and yes mixed drinks. But the service in the lounge was by far THE BEST. The bartender Vicky was courteous, friendly and very professional. She was there both nights we stayed and what a difference she made. Along with her barmaid Jasmine. We had pizza for our group of 50+ they both went above and beyond for both adults and children. Much appreciated by us parents, and the service they gave was OUTSTANDING, service you don't get these days. We use to stay at the Marriott but will for sure stay at the Embassy Suites with any chance we get in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Fort Recovery, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

It was a nice place, just not as nice as other Embassy Suites I have stayed. The place was clean and that is the most important to me when staying somewhere. The evening reception was lacking in service at the bar and not any hot appetizers to munch on like other embassy suites I have been.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

General Manger

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus? Share your experiences!