“Family/business” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
runningman41
“Family/business”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I have to say the hotel is extremely clean, the rooms are very well done and updated. I travel a lot for work and I am a diamond member but I have a couple of concerns wih this place, it is in a BAD part of town, Nothing is around to eat or do, the pool area while it is a nice area it was neglected and band aids and trash floated around. The happy hour was poor to say the least, one of the worst I have to say. Our room was great but the AC was poor and the shower had nothing to tell you what was hot and not.

I would stay again BY MYSELF but if I had to recommend this place I would pass on it and stay at another Hilton property. The staff was nice and the bar staff was great but overall this is a PASS as far as I am concerned.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Gambier, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel. I stayed in February with my one year old son just to get away for the night. The staff is very friendly, You come in right away and get free cookies and drinks. The room I stayed in was wonderful. It had everything you would need and the living room connected to the bedroom was very nice and clean. My son loved the pool. It didn't have a lot of people in it so that was nice. Fitness center looked good even though I couldn't use it. Free drinks during managers special was an added bonus. I ordered room service and the food was very good. The breakfast in the morning had a very wide selection, although the line for it was long especially with a one year old. Even though the room overlooked the highway I still slept amazing with the very comfy beds. It's not in the best location but Overall it was a great experience and I look forward to coming back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Tried to avoid the highway noise rooms which I did but was rewarded with a room overlooking the outside pool.
Mgmt in their infinite wisdom allows the pool to open at 6 AM!!!!
Ok I am a Diamond honors member and I'd take an old Hampton in need of renovation over this nightmare.
The hotel manager needs a wake up call!!
Other reviews sound the same on that wonderful day and night outdoor pool.
For a response please don't use that form letter 'we're sorry' item which does not address the actual issue.

• Stayed June 2013
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The staff at this hotel is very friendly and will go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. I will definately stay at this hotel again as the rooms as well as other areas of the hotel were clean. The complimentary breakfast is by far the best I have seen.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Columbus, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a really great hotel. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Rooms are huge. Very good location. My family came along with me on this business trip and they loved the hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Remember this classic scene from "Seinfeld"?

Jerry: I don't understand. Do you have my reservation?
Rental Car Agent: We have your reservation, we just ran out of cars.
Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation.
Rental Car Agent: I think I know why we have reservations.
Jerry: I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *take* the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them.

Unless you want to replay this scene, don't count on this hotel.

I had a confirmed reservation, held with my credit card, for after the One Direction concert. I needed a reliable place to stay after taking 3 14-year-old girls to the concert. Realizing I never received the email confirmation, I started calling Embassy Suites at 10 p.m. (during the concert) to confirm my reservation. They hung up on my twice after taking my name, clearly not wanting to give me the bad news. Finally, after repeated calls, they confessed that while I clearly had a reservation, held with a valid card, they had gotten busy and given my room away.
I'm just thankful I learned this at 11 p.m., before I drove a half hour from the Nationwide Arena to this remote hotel.
Don't count on Embassy Suites. A reservation means nothing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate you in the room you requested when you first arrived to our hotel. I assure you that we do everything we can to provide our guests the room they request however; at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. I sincerely apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great location next to the highway. The rooms are clean and spacious and the bed really comfortable. Breakfast is free for all guests and manager's reception was nice. As for the Vicky special at the manager's reception, you won't regret it ;)

Will definitely come back again if I have business in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for Vicky's Special at Managers reception