“I really liked it here.” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2700 Corporate Exchange Dr, Columbus, OH 43231   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #39 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Michigan
“I really liked it here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was in town on business and the company made the decision to have me stay here. Beforehand, I read some of the reviews and I wasn't too thrilled, specifically about all the "kids running around" comments. Well, I guess that must be on the weekend only, because I didn't see any kids at all (I stayed Monday through Thursday). The room looked great and cleaned. I asked for extra shampoo after my first night to the cleaning service and they left me several extra bottles. The people at the front desk were great and very helpful to us finding places to eat around the area. The gym was nice and clean. The treadmills had TV attached to them and if I had any complaints, it didn't carry ESPN. =) Breakfast buffet was great and very enjoyable with an omlette station (I think they will also cook any eggs you requested). It was the same every day, but had enough different options (omlette, pancakes, french toast, cereal, bagels, hashbrowns). They have a Happy Hour (Manager Reception) in the bar area from 5:30 to 7:30 in which you get free alcoholic drinks. Since the bar area is in the middle of an open atrium, it can get a little loud for those in their rooms, but it was only because everyone were enjoying themselves, including me. The bartender was great!! For those people that were complaining of a strip club at the entrance of the road, yes, you see it as you drive by, but it's not next door to the hotel or anything like that. The hotel is still almost 1/2 mile away and you do not see it anywhere from the hotel grounds. If you didn't pay close attention to the sign, you wouldn't have noticed that it was a strip club. Since this was my first time staying at an Embassy Suite, I was very impressed and will look up this hotel chain for future visits.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the highway can be a little noisy, but it didn't bother me. Still, if you'...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Our check in was very easy. However we called 2 days in advance to make sure there was a crib for our infant son. I got a call about an hour after being in our room that they didn't have one. When I told them I wasn't happy they went to the local meijer and bought one. I really appreciated it. The staff was fantastic, it was the hotel it's self that was way under par. The rooms are dark and dingy looking, and its sooooo loud! It's currently 6pm and I can't hear myself think because of the loudness. And we went to take our infant son to the pool, and there was well over 29
Kids in the pool with no adults. Nothing was done concerning this issue.

I love embassy hotels, stay in them all the time. This hotel however has out a sour taste in my mouth. If it wasn't for the fact that I already booked 2 nights here, I would check out tomorrow and find a nicer place to stay...

So disappointed!

Room Tip: Find. Different hotel, it's too loud here
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Columbus, Ohio. I understand that you were very disappointed and that we fell short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from the Embassy Brand. I truly apologize, and I can assure you that I definitely will utilize your review to improve the guest experience.. The hotel staff works very hard to ensure our guest enjoy the hotel. I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration. Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future and stay with us next time you’re in town.

Sincerely

Don Gantt
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Our Saturday night stay over on a very busy weekend was fine. Disappointed that my Hilton Honors room request of a room not on the highway was not granted but appreciated being away from the elevator. (Bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper on the highway side.) The room was clean, spacious and average. Updates maybe are flatscreen TVs, Crabtree & Evelyn toiletires & bedding (no gross bedspeads here)? Yet overall the suite was dim & dingy & just had the feeling, despite some updates, of being a bit dark & dated. Not sure about the "great area" comments as turning down the road to the hotel from the highway the strip club on the corner is not a welcoming site. The staff at check-in were friendly & fast and very appreciated. We did not eat here so can not comment but agree that having to wear wrist bands is tacky. When staying in the area again with many options, I'm not sure this experience provided enough good vibes to choose it again.

Room Tip: Not on highway & away from elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your you review on Trip Advisor. I was very happy to hear that the staff was friendly and you enjoyed your interaction with them. I apologize that you room type was not available at the time of check in and that the hotel was loud and this disturbed you throughout your stay. I will say that the hotel sits in a beautiful corporate park that is very safe and works out to be a great location for the majority of our guest. I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration. Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future and stay with us next time you’re in town.

Sincerely

Don Gantt
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to any one. The staff is worthless. The breakfast is OK. House keeping is OK. The rooms are clean but dated. This is an honest review as I stay at hotels all the time more than 300 nights a year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Portage, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stay at Embassy Suites much when traveling. This is one of the nicest I had ever stayed in. They all have the same benefits, but this was the best in service, well kept and a great experience! If ever in the area I will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Edwardsville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was very impressed with all the amenties and very inexpensive. Wonderful breakfast food and a complimentary managers reception in the evening. The bartender was one of the most friendliest I have ever met!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Spent the weekend here last weekend. Was very excited for an Embassy Suites since I'd had a previous experience that was out of this world with this brand.....guess I shouldnt have gotten my hopes up. First, who makes guests wear wristbands to eat breakfast on a weekend? If youre attending a wedding, a bright green wristband does NOT make a favorable fashion statement. Second, the housekeeping staff could use a refresher course on polite customer service. Heaving a sigh when I ask for an additional towel just doesnt do it for me. And really, the biggest issue of the weekend was to wake up on Monday morning to find that there was NO HOT WATER in the hotel. Where was my courtesy note apologizing for the inconvenience? When I called the desk to verify that I didnt just need to run the water a little longer that morning, after someone finally answered the phone, I was cut off mid-sentence by a very rude man working the desk. I was told that "the hot water has been out for 5-6 hours and we DONT know when it will be back" he then proceeded to hang up. I realize they had probably been getting that question a lot that morning, but seriously, its the first time I had called, and I deserved the courtesy of a polite response and maybe even an apology. The only bright side of my entire experience was the joy of interacting with Yolanda the Night Shift GSA. She was pleasant and accomodating. And the security guard working with her was a real treat as well.

Room Tip: stay away from elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests -especially when comments help identify ways we can improve. I am however very sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay. I apologize that the
Associate at the front desk was less than hospitable and I will investigate this situation further.
I sincerely apologize that you did not have any hot water and I can only say that it was beyond our control and an emergency repair situation. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention so that I can personally follow-up with our Housekeeping and Front Desk staff. We strive on providing our guests with an exceptional guest experience and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this type of issue does not get repeated and if it does our staff will be able to articulate the issues in a compassionate and accommodating way.. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area. .

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus? Share your experiences!