“Stayed here many times, not sure I'd go back” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2700 Corporate Exchange Dr, Columbus, OH 43231   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #38 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Canton, Ohio
“Stayed here many times, not sure I'd go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Believe the hotel has been remodeled in the last few years, so it has a new/ fresh face. (The lobby was under construction last time we stayed here and it's now complete.) Don't think everything in the guest rooms is updated (carpet?) but most of the fixtures and furniture are. The room had a nice "new" smell to it upon entry and the bathroom is well appointed. We have stayed here many times mainly for our kids. This hotel has one of the best hotel pools I've seen in the Midwest (waterfall, indoor/outdoor swim-out). The problem is that there always seems to be some large group of some sort everytime we're there that dominate all areas of the hotel. This time is the also the first time we had an issue with the service. They knew we had 4 staying in our room, but only had towels for 3. Called the front desk for more, waited 45 minutes and they still didn't come. Had to go down to the front desk and they indicated that they were completely out of towels and waiting on more to be washed. At 7:00 at night??? Then in the morning, we had to wait nearly an hour in line for breakfast in the atrium. I've never seen anything like it (line completely across the atrium) and our kids were getting pretty iratable after waiting that long. After we had eaten, they did finally bring out a second buffet which eliminated much of the log jam, but they should have been more prepared to start with. The price/ value is good for a suite and the location to restaurants and entertainment (via Polaris Place - 10 min away) is nice, but next time, I think we'll just stay at Polaris. It wasn't worth all the headaches.

Room Tip: Higher floors are always better in Embassy Suites due to the open atrium. Stay away from the elevat...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at the Embassy Columbus for a month long duration. Enjoyed my stay with the Pool, Breakfast and evening reception. The Atrium Grille serves good food with big portions. The staff is good and helpful. Shuttle service around 5 miles from the hotel is a blessing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed this past weekend. We found the hotel on priceline and was thrilled it offered a 2 room suite for a great price. Upon arrival I was a bit worried because there was a bus out front after walking in the line to check in was full but moved quickly. The man at the counter was extreamly friendly. Offered us cookies and drinks that definitly won the kids over. There was 6 of us my husband and I and 4 kids six and under so finding a hotel that is roomy enough for us is a challenge. The room was a 2 room suite walking in there was a living area that had a couch with a good size fold out couch. A nice big TV, wet bar area, and a table with plenty of chairs. The bedroom was spacious the beds were comfy. The room was clean and presented nicely. Well stocked. The living area was extreamly warm and the bedroom was comfortable. The fans were on but the air didn't circulate well. The morning brought free breakfast that was just excellent omlets, pancakes, french toast, eggs, bacon, juices, coffee, cereal, muffins, you name it its there. People complain about waiting but lets get serious it's free with the room it's going to be busy. I only have a couple of small complaints but wouldn't keep me from staying there again. One- The pool wow.. I had small children and we couldn't enjoy the pool to many children jumping in and it was filled with unattended children. Two- I had went down to the grill and asked for a cup of coffee and a peice of cake. I went in and the waiter told me to sit while he got it, it took him 20 minutes to get my to go order and my receipt showed that he charged me a 18% gratitude . I was going to tip him and he most likely would have made more by just letting me tip on my own. Since they decided to go ahead and charge me I didn't leave anymore. There was a lot of large groups there (dance teams, lacross teams, ect) so if you want to stay in a place a little more laid back you should look elsewhere but it was perfect for our family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here two different nights, a week apart from each other. Both nights the staff was super friendly and helpful. As with all Embassy Suites, the breakfast was superb, with made to order Omelets and a wide variety of other foods and drinks to chose from. We missed the managers reception, but still got to enjoy a free cookie in the lobby. The atrium is beautiful and we loved looking out the elevator window as we rode up and down. The pool is heated and has a faux rock at the end with a waterfall coming off it. We enjoyed swimming under it. In warmer weather, there is a 'swim thru" access right in the pool to go to the outdoor pool. The Whirlpool was great, too. There were plenty of towels in the pool area for us to use. They have an exercise room, but we did not use it. Our room was wonderful with very comfortable beds. There are three fluffy pillows on each queen size bed. Each room has a microwave and small fridge. We used both, even putting something in the tiny freezer and it froze overnight. Our only complaint was the heating system. There is a thermostat in the "living room" area of our suite, but even when we set the temperature up to 80 degrees, it never got warmer in our room. However, we were able to leave the fan running all night, which helped drown out any strange noises. Even though it was pretty quiet with it off, due to the fact that there is an actual door between the Living room area and the bedroom area. When in the living room, you can hear noises from the Atrium. However, they do "close" the atrium at 11:00 p.m., which helps. We would definitely stay here again, if given the opportunity.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive and thank you for review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with my staff and I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Columbus, Ohio area you will stay with us again.
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my first stay at an ES and I was attending a conference at the hotel.

Room: very comfortable bed, spacious. Two large flat screen TV's but limited channels and a lot of Christian channels (what's with that?).
Be aware that there are some smoking rooms in this hotel and odors can spread to nearby non-smoking rooms even above and below. Yech.
Free wireless was a good thing.
Rooms could use better lighting especially living room which was pretty dim even with all lights on.

Food: full breakfast buffet included with stay. Quality uneven but a good deal. Conference banquet lunch and dinner were excellent from salad to entree to dessert.

Environment: 8 floors of rooms surround a large, noisy atrium. The sound carries everywhere and into rooms--loud people, rolling carts on tile floors, shouting kids. Lots of kids babies through teen. It did not quiet down until well past 10pm.
Free 24-hr business center was a plus.
Close by expressway to Easton Mall. Nearby (walkable) environs are totally unremarkable.

Biggest complaint: incredibly slow elevators.

Service: staff was very responsive and helpful

Conference and banquet facilities, very good

In summary, pretty good value for a conference and young families seem to like it. As a 50-plus frequent visitor to Columbus with my husband, this would not be my choice for a hotel or for its location in Columbus.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive. The feedback our guests provide is extremely important to us as we strive to improve our service levels every day. Based on your comments, we did not live up to your expectations during your last stay, and for that I apologize. I will be sharing your comments with our entire staff in an effort to improve the items that you pointed out. I hope that you will choose to give us another chance the next time your travels bring you to our area. Again thank you for the helpful feedback.
Southeast Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Seriously, the first site I had upon turning onto Corporate Exchange Drive was the topless bar. My hopes of a good property sank thru the floor at that.

That week turned out to be insanely noisy from group after group with children running, shouting, and an older design style with the large atrium and all rooms facing inwards that focused the noise into each suite thru the thin front door and window.

The elevators needed caffeine. They crawled. They were overcrowded from people waiting.

The AC in the outer room was fine, but the bedroom, while large, didn't adjust for the temperature outside well as the thermostat was in the outer room, making the differential noticeable between the two rooms.

The most annoying factor was random, however, in that the connecting door in the bedroom let in the cigarette smoke from the next door neighbor, which was not allowed. I called to complain. Around midnight, the occupant started chasing the woman in his room down the hall, her yelling at the top of her lungs. I noted the manager evicted them from the hotel at that point.

The breakfast was fine, and food good, but the line was long and slow moving at the omelet station. The managers reception was a nice touch.

I would stay at the property again, but there needs to be attention paid, first and foremost to the very negative draw of the strip club nearby, then add an AC thermostat in the bedroom, soundproof the front window (or remove it all together) and door. Lastly, please add another omelet station and chef to speed that slow breakfast line.

Room Tip: They all face into the central core, so high floor helps avoid the atrium noise to a degree
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, April 8, 2013

Sanoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed three days last week very nice hotel for the most part. Lots of kids Friday night pool was out of control with so many kids wasn't able to swim. Room was really nice very comfortable bed and relaxing. Had to wait a while on maintenance to show up one night and he wasn't very professional when he arrive and mumbled. I liked the front desk set up with the three podiums gives the hotel a modern look check in process was quick, scents a little tension between staff members up there doesn't seem like a good situation... Other than that very informative and efficient. Breakfast was really good all days had to wait a little longer than wanted to a few days but lots of people so understandable. I really liked the "free bar" at night had to wear wrist bands the last two nights?? Vicky was really sweet and looked forward to that every night. Ate at the hotel restaurant two nights Jason and Omar are great! Great customer service very attentive, great personalities. Thursday bartender seemed to stay behind the bar and care more about gossiping about personal life than helping the server who was doing most of the work. Overall though really good experience and food was good. This hotel offers a lot of extras and we really appreciate that when traveling. Definitely will stay here again a few negatives but all in all great place for travel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Embassy Suites Columbus on Corporate Exchange Drive and thank you for review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back to the Columbus area.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus? Share your experiences!