“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Service at the hotel was excellent! Value was excellent as well, especially since it includes free hot breakfast and evening reception. Location is good, only about 15 minutes away from airport and is very easy to get to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your favorable review on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide exceptional service to our guests and I am happy to hear that we did just that during your stay. I hope that you will stay with us again if you have the opportunity in the future. Thank you again for your kind words. Have a great day!

394 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Mansfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our church held a small marriage conference at the Embassy Suites last weekend (about 50 people) and we found every detail to be handled efficiently and with professionalism, and the rooms were outstanding. This was a very pleasant and relaxing experience. I truly couldn't find anything to criticize, and I am an observant person. Kudos to the staff - excellent service. Clean and welcoming rooms and common areas, and great food, too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your favorable review on Trip Advisor! I have shared your comments with my staff and they sincerely love hearing this type of feedback. At the Embassy Columbus,Ohio we strive to provide exceptional service to our guests and I am glad that you experienced this during your stay. I hope that you will stay with us again if you have the opportunity in the future. Thank you again for your kind words. Have a great day!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My friends and I got 2 rooms at the Embassy Suites for one night in January 2013. Check in was easy and we were all given complimentary bottled water for being a Hilton Rewards member. We attended the manager's reception in the evening and the bartender did seem overworked for very few tips (if you take advantage of the manager's reception take money so you can tip!) After the manager's reception we utilized the free shuttle to Easton. The driver was right on time and would have delivered us to anywhere we wanted to go. When we were ready, the shuttle driver picked us up. It did seem to take a while but I think that is to be expected without a prearranged pickup time. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. We had breakfast the following morning and it was a very complete and tasty breakfast offering just about everything you could imagine. It was a great place to stay with friends and we were able to safely get to Easton for all that is offered there. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Be sure to request adjoining rooms early if there is a need. They do not have many adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here recently just to get away and there is much to say about this location. The two-rooms suites are spacious with flat screen tvs in both rooms. The staff was friendly and informative. The hot breakfast is complimentary and eggs can be made to order, and every evening they have free drinks at the atrium bar. We will definitely be staying here again, though beware of large functions being held (especially involving children). The staff couldn't seem to quite keep up with the full capacity, mainly in the pool area. The pool is beatiful but small and the children were filling it way over capacity with only one man on hand to try to tame them. We did not stay long which was very regretable. I wish they would have come up with some sort of half hour pass system for those situations so that overcrowding wouldn't have been such a concern for both safety and comfort.
Overall great hotel though. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I used to love this place. It used to be a nice local getaway to kick back relax and take a swim. Not anymore, it's become a place to dump the kids, so they can swim and run free around the hotel, while mom and dad chill at the bar or in thier room. Pool area over crowded, kids unsupervised and out of control, it would be nice if parents would teach basic manners. We felt bad for the security guard, who just gave up. Not sure what happen to the maximum of 6 people staying in a room. Must have been 16 in the room beside us. Kids running up and down the halls most of the night. I would guess 1/2 the people there, were not actually registered guests. Anyone, at anytime of day or night can walk in and have access to all area's and guest floors. Apparently this has become the Chuck E Cheese for kid birthday's!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your invaluable feedback. My goal as General Manager is to ensure that every guest has the best possible stay with us and I was very disappointed to hear that your stay was less than desirable. I wanted to let you know that this is not our typical service at the Embassy Suites Columbus, Ohio, as you can tell from our rating and the multiple testimonials of our previous guest. I will continue to work with my staff to ensure that any occurrence such as this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for your input.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I travel to Columbus a lot to visit friends, and this has been my favorite so far (in this price range). The overall design of everything is really nice and modern, and the rooms were very spacious and cozy.

I got really sick on the night I arrived and it took me forever to fall asleep. I placed the "do not disturb" sign on the door and got about 3 hrs of sleep when housekeeping knocked on my door at like 8 am wanting to clean the room. I asked her to come back later, and tried to go back to sleep for a few hours but couldn't. So I got ready and continued to pack my things when about 2 hrs after the first time, she knocked on my door again. I'm glad I was already awake but I opened the door to make sure the sign was still on the door, and it was. I usually never mention anything like this to the staff but I decided to give it a try. They apologized and asked if I knew her name so that they could make sure it doesn't happen again. Then they said because I booked through expedia, they cannot do anything else for me (ie. discount for next time or hotel credits, etc.). They seemed genuinely apologetic but I still expected something more.

In any case, I'd be willing to give them another try because I did like the rooms and location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you sincerely for your review of the Embassy Suites Columbus on Trip advisor. We were very disappointed that we were unable to deliver the outstanding service that most of our guest enjoy while visiting our hotel. I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. I have spoken to the employees involved with this incident and I am positive that this situation will not be repeated. The employees at our hotel pride themselves in not only meeting guest expectations but exceeding them and unfortunately this clearly did not happen in this situation. If we did not receive valuable input from the concerned guest such as yourself we would not be able to use your experience as a very valuable training tool. Thank you again for your invaluable feedback.
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed this hotel briefly in Dec'20111 during my business trip. Overall architecture of this hotel is great, Staff are very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and neat!! Really liked the Hotel bar and the attendant was very friendly. This hotel serves one of the best breakfast in the region. Overall it was an amazing experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus? Share your experiences!