“Would stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Would stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I travel to Columbus a lot to visit friends, and this has been my favorite so far (in this price range). The overall design of everything is really nice and modern, and the rooms were very spacious and cozy.

I got really sick on the night I arrived and it took me forever to fall asleep. I placed the "do not disturb" sign on the door and got about 3 hrs of sleep when housekeeping knocked on my door at like 8 am wanting to clean the room. I asked her to come back later, and tried to go back to sleep for a few hours but couldn't. So I got ready and continued to pack my things when about 2 hrs after the first time, she knocked on my door again. I'm glad I was already awake but I opened the door to make sure the sign was still on the door, and it was. I usually never mention anything like this to the staff but I decided to give it a try. They apologized and asked if I knew her name so that they could make sure it doesn't happen again. Then they said because I booked through expedia, they cannot do anything else for me (ie. discount for next time or hotel credits, etc.). They seemed genuinely apologetic but I still expected something more.

In any case, I'd be willing to give them another try because I did like the rooms and location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you sincerely for your review of the Embassy Suites Columbus on Trip advisor. We were very disappointed that we were unable to deliver the outstanding service that most of our guest enjoy while visiting our hotel. I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. I have spoken to the employees involved with this incident and I am positive that this situation will not be repeated. The employees at our hotel pride themselves in not only meeting guest expectations but exceeding them and unfortunately this clearly did not happen in this situation. If we did not receive valuable input from the concerned guest such as yourself we would not be able to use your experience as a very valuable training tool. Thank you again for your invaluable feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed this hotel briefly in Dec'20111 during my business trip. Overall architecture of this hotel is great, Staff are very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and neat!! Really liked the Hotel bar and the attendant was very friendly. This hotel serves one of the best breakfast in the region. Overall it was an amazing experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Delaware, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel is so great! Staff is super friendly. The pool was nicely heated! The rooms and lobby were gorgeous! Breakfast was very good! If you don't stay here, you will miss out! I have been to many hotels and this one is my favorite.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband travels often, is an IT guy, and crosses every t and dots every i. He was in this hotel last week for business and realized about 11:00 AM he left personal belongings in the room. It was his wallet with a sizable amount of cash, credit cards, all his personal information that is in a wallet, and his Penn State ring with a 1.75 carat diamond given to him as a gift from his parents. He left them on the table by the TV! He sent me a text and my normally very calm husband was in a panic. He had meetings all day and really only infomed me because he needed to vent. We were certain the items would be gone and it would be his word against the word of anyone that had been in the room. He recognized it was his fault 100% and was beating himself up. After he borrowed money to eat lunch, and his meetings were over, he got to his room as quickly as possible. As soon as he opened the door to his room he could see his ring on top of his wallet and had not been moved. Everything in his wallet was as he left it. You hope in a situation like this everyone enterng the room would be honest as you would be, but the temptation would have been great. In this case, we can say first hand, the hotel hires at least one very honest individual!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bucyrus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I used to stay at this hotel once a year. My kids loved it for the pool (which is just a great as I remember), but I hadn't been back since they've grown. I traveled to Columbus during the Christmas Season to visit family. I was greated by the smiles of the friendly Front Desk staff of Emily and Lori at checkin, which made for a great start to my trip. The staff was knowledgable of the Columbus Area and helped me find the church I was trying to get to downtown. My checkin was smooth and easy and checkout was quick and painless. My bill was accurate, and I was treated so nicely at the Front Desk by Paul. I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for just 1 night on our way to D.C. The staff was extremely friendly, even as we checked in after midnight. The lobby was beautifully decorated for the holidays. Our room was very clean and modern. We have stayed in several other Embassy Suites, and this one has the nicest rooms so far. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed December 2012
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here because of close proximity to family we were visiting. The staff was incredible from the time our reservation was taken to the time Bill, the self-described "third-shifter" made sure we had coffee before checking out at 4am to head home. Every single person made us feel welcomed and did everything they could to ensure our comfort. For them alone we will always stay at this hotel while visiting Columbus.
Only thing keeping this from a higher rating is the building layout itself. A youth hockey tournament was staying and because all rooms face the atrium, there were a lot of people congregating in that area, at the pool and outside of rooms until very late evening. If a guest wants peace and quiet, the noise (because of the gap under the outside room door) would make that hard. The kids were well-behaved, but the layout of the building just makes sounds reverberate through the building. Additionally, the shower never really got hot and water pressure was really low.
These were minor inconveniences compared to the overall stay, and we will be back!!!!

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the corners of the building on a high floor.