“Great Vacation Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Vacation Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here because of close proximity to family we were visiting. The staff was incredible from the time our reservation was taken to the time Bill, the self-described "third-shifter" made sure we had coffee before checking out at 4am to head home. Every single person made us feel welcomed and did everything they could to ensure our comfort. For them alone we will always stay at this hotel while visiting Columbus.
Only thing keeping this from a higher rating is the building layout itself. A youth hockey tournament was staying and because all rooms face the atrium, there were a lot of people congregating in that area, at the pool and outside of rooms until very late evening. If a guest wants peace and quiet, the noise (because of the gap under the outside room door) would make that hard. The kids were well-behaved, but the layout of the building just makes sounds reverberate through the building. Additionally, the shower never really got hot and water pressure was really low.
These were minor inconveniences compared to the overall stay, and we will be back!!!!

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the corners of the building on a high floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Northwest Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at this Embassy for a business meeting in Columbus. I was warmly greeted by the gentlemen at the front desk at check-in and was offered a bottle of water. The rooms are clean spacious suites, with comfy beds. The bathrooms are quite small though compared to the overall size of the room. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful with a short order cook to make omelettes. I will be staying here again next time I am in Columbus!

1 Thank TEDnSARAH
Canton, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I always research hotels online for reviews before we go to them and with that being said this Embassy got pretty avg. remarks with a very high rating for breakfast, it's included in your stay, score!! This is a full breakfast with made to order items and it was very, very good! There was a tip jar on the made to order counter, didn't get that and didn't tip because although we loved it and they did an awesome job I didn't see the reasoning behind it, they get paid right? So I say don't feel the least bit obligated, I didn't and I am very compassionate! I think the management should forbid it, that's just my opinion! Everyone expects money now but if every time you turn around you have to tip everyone you wouldn't have enough for a get away! Maybe we should ask for tips for just going to their hotel...sorry, but it is kinda outta hand!! Back to the hotel review, This hotel is an older hotel and it does show signs of it, there needs to be more money put back into updating and refreshing the carpet and furniture, we had lots of ware and tear, they really need to take care of that but, I knew this going in because of the reviews so my expectations were not that high! The place was pretty clean and no bed bugs, I always check the mattress and sheets...none! Relief! That is my biggest worry, you do not want to come home with those!! I also always wipe down or put the remote in a baggie to use because they are supposedly 1 of the dirtiest things in a hotel room! Now we are from Michigan and smoking is not permitted in public places but here in Ohio we were told that it is up to the management of the hotels as to weather they permit it or not, I didn't know that so when we walked it it smelled like a group of people were sitting there smoking away...it was overwhelming and i was disappointed and we found out that management here allows smoking...I made a point to remember this and we proceeded up to our room and the further that we got away from the lobby it stopped smelling like smoke and it smelled nothing like smoke by or in our room, yay! We put our luggage in our room and went back out to get some dinner and when we came back in it didn't smell like smoke at all, then i noticed the restaurant/bar that is located to your right as you walk into the lobby, their doors were closed and they were open before so I figured that is probably where the smell of smoke came from. We did not smell smoke the next day either, (we only stayed 1 night). Every one was so nice at this hotel...kudos to the staff and to the management for hiring nice, friendly people! The reason I gave this hotel an average rating is because it is a tired looking hotel and needs updating but other than that it was a good overall experience. When you see the name Embassy Hotel there are certain expectations and this Embassy falls short, sorry but there is something they can do about it, update and replace, re-invest their money back into the property! We will look at other hotels next time, even though the breakfast and staff were amazing!
A good side note-If you do go to Columbus head on over to that Easton Mall but, have on your walking shoes, it is huge and a must see!! I could not believe how big it was and it was all decorated for Christmas! Wow!
Happy Travels!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I will admit, that after seeing so many poor reviews recently, I was nervous to stay here, but I had a great stay, and found everyone extremely helpful. Emily checked me in, and was as pleasant as could be, and was also helpful in providing dinner recommendations. It seems to me that one or two people are posting multiple negative reviews (see the two that are both from Marietta...), but that's on them how they want to spend their free time.

I found the rooms to be clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent. I will definitely stay here again.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Although we had some minor maintenance issues on our arrival, the staff was very helpful in correcting them quickly so we did not have to switch rooms. Overall the beds were comfortable, but some of the furniture in the room needed to be replaced or refurbished. The breakfast buffet is excellent as always, although we had a better experience when it was less crowded and the kitchen staff was less frantic. The hotel has a large open atrium (open to where the guest rooms are). This was a challenge trying to get the younger kids to sleep because of the noise. Despite these concerns, the hotel is located just off I-270 and is very convenient to Easton and Polaris (two large shopping malls).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed here over Thanksgiving break while visiting family. The hotel wasn't very crowded on Thanksgiving day. Breakfast was great as usual. Also we got a cot for our son as our daughter didn't want to share the pullout with him. We were happy that the cot was an actual twin size bed on wheels and everyone was able to sleep comfortably. Great job, Embassy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kaiserslautern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had a fantastic experience at the Embassy Suites in Columbus. It was much nicer than we expected for the money, and the free breakfast was fantastic (made to order omelets, hot food, cut fruit, etc). The servers, front desk, and valets were all helpful and friendly. Also, great location--easy on/off the beltway and the hotel is close to a lot of great restaurants. Overall we highly recommend this hotel!