“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I will admit, that after seeing so many poor reviews recently, I was nervous to stay here, but I had a great stay, and found everyone extremely helpful. Emily checked me in, and was as pleasant as could be, and was also helpful in providing dinner recommendations. It seems to me that one or two people are posting multiple negative reviews (see the two that are both from Marietta...), but that's on them how they want to spend their free time.

I found the rooms to be clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Although we had some minor maintenance issues on our arrival, the staff was very helpful in correcting them quickly so we did not have to switch rooms. Overall the beds were comfortable, but some of the furniture in the room needed to be replaced or refurbished. The breakfast buffet is excellent as always, although we had a better experience when it was less crowded and the kitchen staff was less frantic. The hotel has a large open atrium (open to where the guest rooms are). This was a challenge trying to get the younger kids to sleep because of the noise. Despite these concerns, the hotel is located just off I-270 and is very convenient to Easton and Polaris (two large shopping malls).

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed here over Thanksgiving break while visiting family. The hotel wasn't very crowded on Thanksgiving day. Breakfast was great as usual. Also we got a cot for our son as our daughter didn't want to share the pullout with him. We were happy that the cot was an actual twin size bed on wheels and everyone was able to sleep comfortably. Great job, Embassy.

Kaiserslautern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had a fantastic experience at the Embassy Suites in Columbus. It was much nicer than we expected for the money, and the free breakfast was fantastic (made to order omelets, hot food, cut fruit, etc). The servers, front desk, and valets were all helpful and friendly. Also, great location--easy on/off the beltway and the hotel is close to a lot of great restaurants. Overall we highly recommend this hotel!

Manlius, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I've been staying in this hotel for several nights per year for the past 5 years. It is still a good business hotel and good value, but there are signs of slippage. The service level has always been, and continues to be quite high. The staff are pleasant and responsive. However, the hotel is showing its age, the rooms are in need of updating (feels like an Emabassy Suites from the 80's.) and I had a tough time with getting water pressure and hot water for a shower in my 7th floor room last week. Breakfasts are excellent. I'll continue to book here since it is convenient for my business and a great value.

Chesterville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I wanted to comment on the great service we recieved at the Embassy Suites. This was a return visit that was offered by Emily the front office manager due to our prior stay having prioblems. The last time we stayed there was a family reunion and they were extremely loud and kept us up untill the early morning. We informed Emily of the problem and she arranged for us to have another stay for our troubles. The room was great and a cheese tray and bottle of wine was waiting for us (a great surprize) Like always the cooked to order breakfast was nice and the hotel is very upscale and clean the staff is constantly working to clean and keep guest happy. If in Columbus i would highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Trenton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were traveling with all of my husband's family - 8 adults and 5 kids in all. I booked four rooms at this hotel based on our experience at the Embassy Suites in Louisville, KY. Well, I now know after this past weekend that not all Embassy Suites are the same!

We arrived at 4:40 on Saturday - check in time is 3pm. Three of our rooms were ready, the fourth was not. The lady working the front desk killed time by checking around the hotel to see if she had four rooms together on the same floor elsewhere, and then said she didn't. By the time she was done checking her computer, apparently the status of my room had changed to "Vacant Ready," so she checked us in. Let me also point out that she told me housekeeping may be finishing up their "quality check" - some quality check, as along with the issues I'm about to list, I also found an empty tube of toothpaste in plain view on the bathroom floor.

Got to our room, and the first thing I had to do was call downstairs for a Pack 'n Play - absolutely fine, even though I requested it on my reservation, rarely does a hotel ever have it in the room when we arrive, so this did not bother me. What bothered me was phone call #2 that I had to make because we had no hand towels, and no wash clothes in our room. Then there was phone call #3 after I realized the housekeeping staff had been so generous as to leave us only 1/4 of a roll of toilet paper, and no extra roll.

Meanwhile, my inlaws had moved into the room next door. They were unloading their stuff, and a housekeeper took it upon herself just to swipe her key and let herself in to deliver some towels. Not even a knock first?

Thank GOD the people in the other two rooms had no problems, or I would have been embarassed, after we talked up what we thought was going to be a great hotel.

Now the pluses - the poor housekeeping lady that had to come to my room three times to deliver items that should have already been there was sweet as can be. The bartender working Saturday night was great! And the breakfast was fantastic. The kids also enjoyed the pool.

I'm in no hurry to return - we actually have reservations at the Cambria on Polaris this weekend, and although we have to pay for breakfast there, My room has always been stocked with the usuals upon arrival. I guess what upset me the most was when I arrived 1hr 40 mins past check in time, and our room wasn't ready. The front desk lady's excuse was "We had a full house last night and they're running behind." Well, that's fine and dandy, but if you have a full house, schedule enough employees to get the place cleaned up by check-in time! I would've been ridiculously upset had we arrived at 3pm with a cranky 2 year old needing a nap and we weren't able to check in.

We're planning another COSI trip next fall, and if the rest of our group wants to stay here, I will reluctantly book again. But if I have a choice, we'll go elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you sincerely for your review of the Embassy Suites Columbus on Trip Advisor. We were very disappointed that we were unable to deliver the outstanding service that most of our guest enjoy while visiting our hotel. I utilized your review to speak with my staff about your visit and the many opportunities that you experienced. I assure you that this is not the typical service level at this hotel. I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations, Thank you again for your invaluable feedback.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus? Share your experiences!