“Let's just say I'm not in a hurry to book my next stay” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2700 Corporate Exchange Dr, Columbus, OH 43231   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #38 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Trenton, Ohio
“Let's just say I'm not in a hurry to book my next stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were traveling with all of my husband's family - 8 adults and 5 kids in all. I booked four rooms at this hotel based on our experience at the Embassy Suites in Louisville, KY. Well, I now know after this past weekend that not all Embassy Suites are the same!

We arrived at 4:40 on Saturday - check in time is 3pm. Three of our rooms were ready, the fourth was not. The lady working the front desk killed time by checking around the hotel to see if she had four rooms together on the same floor elsewhere, and then said she didn't. By the time she was done checking her computer, apparently the status of my room had changed to "Vacant Ready," so she checked us in. Let me also point out that she told me housekeeping may be finishing up their "quality check" - some quality check, as along with the issues I'm about to list, I also found an empty tube of toothpaste in plain view on the bathroom floor.

Got to our room, and the first thing I had to do was call downstairs for a Pack 'n Play - absolutely fine, even though I requested it on my reservation, rarely does a hotel ever have it in the room when we arrive, so this did not bother me. What bothered me was phone call #2 that I had to make because we had no hand towels, and no wash clothes in our room. Then there was phone call #3 after I realized the housekeeping staff had been so generous as to leave us only 1/4 of a roll of toilet paper, and no extra roll.

Meanwhile, my inlaws had moved into the room next door. They were unloading their stuff, and a housekeeper took it upon herself just to swipe her key and let herself in to deliver some towels. Not even a knock first?

Thank GOD the people in the other two rooms had no problems, or I would have been embarassed, after we talked up what we thought was going to be a great hotel.

Now the pluses - the poor housekeeping lady that had to come to my room three times to deliver items that should have already been there was sweet as can be. The bartender working Saturday night was great! And the breakfast was fantastic. The kids also enjoyed the pool.

I'm in no hurry to return - we actually have reservations at the Cambria on Polaris this weekend, and although we have to pay for breakfast there, My room has always been stocked with the usuals upon arrival. I guess what upset me the most was when I arrived 1hr 40 mins past check in time, and our room wasn't ready. The front desk lady's excuse was "We had a full house last night and they're running behind." Well, that's fine and dandy, but if you have a full house, schedule enough employees to get the place cleaned up by check-in time! I would've been ridiculously upset had we arrived at 3pm with a cranky 2 year old needing a nap and we weren't able to check in.

We're planning another COSI trip next fall, and if the rest of our group wants to stay here, I will reluctantly book again. But if I have a choice, we'll go elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you sincerely for your review of the Embassy Suites Columbus on Trip Advisor. We were very disappointed that we were unable to deliver the outstanding service that most of our guest enjoy while visiting our hotel. I utilized your review to speak with my staff about your visit and the many opportunities that you experienced. I assure you that this is not the typical service level at this hotel. I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations, Thank you again for your invaluable feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Marietta, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here during a soccer tournament and the hotel was full of soccer families. Every year on this weekend, the hotel sells out for the tournament and it is over run with kids everywhere. We know this and understand that it will not be a quite, peaceful stay. However, the management staff does not seem to understand this. They were very rude and nasty to both the kids and the parents, as if we were too much for them to handle. The pool was very crowded and the manager there seemed to not like kids at all. So she decided to kick all kids out of the pool area, along with their parents. The boys were not doing anything wrong, but being loud. The whole hotel was loud!! But evidently having fun in the pool is not permitted in this hotel. When my husband asked her what they were doing wrong that caused the pool to be cleared out, she responded that she had a headache and did not want to deal with this. She went on to say the soccer players were destroying her hotel and were too loud. Listen, you knew what you were getting yourself into when you agreed to be a hotel sponsor for this tournament. The kids were not destroying you hotel, they were playing in the pool. That was all! When she was asked for towels for the pool we were told too bad, find some on our own. Our kids had to get out of the pool soaking wet and go up to their room to get a towel. Then she complained they were getting her floors all wet! Really??? This soccer tournament is probably the only time this hotel is at capacity all year because it is located in the middle of a very shady neighborhood. I can tell you that our entire team will not be staying there next year. We will go to the Drury, where the welcome the teams and treat them with respect, not disdain. I could not believe we were being treated that way, and the kids were not doing anything dangerous, disrespectful or damaging. I guess swimming and playing games at the pool, however, is not permitted in this hotel. If you have a family with kids do not stay here! Also if you have a nice car you will park in the lot, do not stay here! The area is known for theft, vandalism and violence.

Room Tip: Just don't do it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you sincerely for your review of the Embassy Suites Columbus on Trip advisor. We were very disappointed that we were unable to deliver the outstanding service that most of our guest enjoy while visiting our hotel. It is the policy of our hotel to ensure that all of our guests enjoy the benefits that the hotel offers. In regards to the pool incident, it was unfortunate but necessary to clear the pool in this situation to allow a wait period so that other guest could enjoy the pool as well. I spoke to all of the associates involved with the nights events and we our sorry to say that our view of the situation conflicts with the statement made in this review. I would also like to add that we are located in a very upscale corporate park and have enjoyed many years free of any criminal activity. I am not sure what the intent of your statement was but any guest reading this review would want to know the facts. Thank you again for your most valuable feedback.
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This Embassy Suites is a terrific hotel in downtown Columbus Ohio, near the Worthington suburb. First of all, it was clean, well maintained, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a great happy hour with the usual bar drinks and healthful snacks - fresh veggies, chips and the like. Their made to order breakfast was well done as was their buffet table. We had the occasion to enjoy a good meal in their on-site resaurant. The here too was noteworthy. The hotel is easy to access from I270 and has exceptional space for jogging and walking the children, but pets are not allowed at this hotel - a disappointment. The hotel is surrounded or near a variety of restaurants - Buca Di Beppo is nearby as are several Tim Horton donut shoppes if you enjoy these. Nearby Worthington has many quaint shoppes and tasty eating places. The local french style restaurant - La Chatelaine is worth a visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were great! Good food in the lounge. They had a soccer tournament with groups staying here so it was a little loud, once in the bedroom you couldn't hear anything. Hotel staff was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012
Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

If you like noise and loud parties after midnight, you'll love this hotel. If you like not having towels, toilet paper, kleenex, or your room not serviced when you return to your room at 11:30 pm after your event, you'll love this hotel. If you like being treated rudely, unvalued as a customer and overall brouhaha you'll love this hotel. I however will never stay at it again.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else, the free breakfast does not make up for the aggravation
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ESManagement, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your invaluable feedback. My goal as General Manager is to ensure that every guest has the best possible stay with us and I was very disappointed to hear that your stay was less than desirable. I wanted to let you know that this is not our typical service at the Embassy Suites Columbus, Ohio, as you can tell from our rating and the multiple testimonials of our previous guest. I will continue to work with my staff to ensure that any occurrence such as this does not happen in the future. I hope that you will utilize our facility if you are ever in the area again and give us another chance to earn your loyalty.Thank you again for your input.
Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a conference recently and I was so impressed. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were huge and comfortable. I was really impressed with the continental breakfast and there was plenty of room for everyone to sit. The atrium was such a nice place to sit and hangout. My daughter really loved the pool.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your favorable response on our Trip Advisor survey. We strive to provide exceptional service to our guests and I am happy to hear that we did just that during your stay. I hope that you will stay with us again if you have the opportunity. Thank you again for your kind words. Have a great day!
Dayton, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Are all Embassy's the same? Absolutely not! This one is a cut above the rest. Why? Staff -- all my encounters were pleasant. From Robert who shuttled me from airport the 1st day (he's a very special individual -- good guy!) to the checkin at the front desk, to the perky bartender at the Mgr's reception (love her "tower o' one's"... how fun for both her and us!). Heck, even the busser who cleared tables at breakfast was cheerful and pleasant. And a huge shout out to the folks who worked front desk in the evening! I had forgotten to pack my BB charger -- she cheerfully lent me her personal charger to use -- WOW! That's trust and service. It's the little things in life. Rooms: Beds comfy. Place is quiet (visited during the week). Rooms nice and clean -- they have good housekeepers. Next time I'm in the Columbus area, I will book again. Keep it up!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus? Share your experiences!